December 04, 2020, 08:11:36 PM

Author Topic: Season 2015/16  (Read 288581 times)

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2015/16
« Reply #750 on: February 06, 2016, 09:44:45 PM »
I hope to feck Ward plays in goal for the West Ham game...there's no point in Mignolet being there.
The 77 minute walk out was all well and good but it completely undermined our team. Next time we should wait til the 93 rd minute when we're 2-0 up. We might actually win then.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 06, 2016, 10:45:11 PM »
You've got to hand it to all those millionaires out there on the pitch standing shoulder to shoulder with fans that earn a comparative pittance and withdrawing their labour after 77 minutes.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 06, 2016, 11:36:59 PM »
The 77 minute walk out was all well and good but it completely undermined our team.

The players should have been able to see out the game. Home or away when the fans have been there the entire time they've folded or not even turned up to begin with.

It's not nice to see, but what is worse is fans feeling they have to do it.

The tv deal is huge, but all that will happen is it will disappear in inflated transfer fees and into the pockets of players and agents who already earn multi lottery win size salaries.

It would be far better to see clubs 'invest' some of that money in reducing ticket prices and allowing longstanding and hardcore fans, the type who don't want to sit there and 'be entertained' but will create the atmosphere, to keeping going and not being priced out.

It's no coincidence that as prices have risen and clubs try and make themselves more appealing to those with larger disposable incomes, the atmospheres have diminished.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 07, 2016, 01:22:11 AM »
hide the china.

Martin will be home soon.

No worries mate. I was quite pleased with our performance. Fair enough, we should've won it 4-0 but it is what it is. Put together with the opening 60 against Leicester I feel we're on the right track. I won't be mislead by the results in the last two games but will look to the performance. In a way footy is sometimes like the Movie "Unbreakable" featuring Bruce Willis and Samuel Jackson. Where one is truly unbreakable the other is made of glass.

Leicester has everything going for them. Everything just goes in. They score from their first free-kick just 3 minutes into the game and from their 2nd corner. We, on the other hand have a 80-20 domination and created chance after chance but still draw against team destined for relegation.

I will look beyond the results. I'm indeed very encouraged by what I saw today and the first 60 against Leicester. I have no doubt in my mind we'll go through against West Ham. None whatsoever.

The one worry I have is the lack of quality and leadership in the center of the park. Can was actually having a good game today and so was Allen. Henderson though was horrible. I didn't see him complete one correct pass in the forward direction.

I think our wing play was better than it's been all season. We linked up well to use the space behind their fullbacks. It is a concern, of course, we're still 2-3 qualityplayers short of taking advantage of it.

I'm sober, sane and fully at peace with the idea the League is long gone. I'm already looking forward to next season. This allows me to see and appreciate things I wouldn't have otherwise.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 07, 2016, 01:49:44 AM »
If you can see progress in terms of performance it's a positive. Ultimately over a season results will come with performances. There's always exceptions either way of course.

If we can get our attacking play to be consistent over the remainder of the season, then hopefully with a new keeper and a centre half we can see the defensive side improve. Hopefully as that happens and performances improve, and if we can keep a level of consistency, then hopefully the confidence will come too, and ultimately results will be positive and it becomes an ever increasing circle. 

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 07, 2016, 08:59:18 AM »
The tv deal is huge, but all that will happen is it will disappear in inflated transfer fees and into the pockets of players and agents who already earn multi lottery win size salaries.

It would be far better to see clubs 'invest' some of that money in reducing ticket prices

It's no coincidence that as prices have risen and clubs try and make themselves more appealing to those with larger disposable incomes, the atmospheres have diminished.

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has  accused Premier League clubs of 'milking their fans like cows' in charging high prices for season tickets.

Explaining his decision to keep season tickets at Bayern Munich lower than their counterparts across Europe, Hoeness said: "We could charge more than €130 (£104). Let's say we charged €380 (£300). We'd get €2.5m (£2m) more in income, but what's €2.5m to us?"

"In a transfer discussion you argue about the sum for five minutes. But the difference between €130 and €380 is huge for the fans."

"We do not think fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody."

"That's the biggest difference between us and England."

Funnily enough, I had a German friend here, two weeks ago, staying locally with his girlfriend. 

We talked about football.  And he would ask me about the prices of seeing a premiership game.  Prices in Germany were far far lower.  They value their fans.

With Sky, and the start of the premiership, some 25 years ago, we now have loads of money in the football pot, and so many foreign owners.   

I got out (cancelled Sky) over 10 years ago.   Thus as a paying fan, I have been lost to the game for a long time.  I refuse to give my money to the barstewards.   If more folk did the same (both in grounds, and in living rooms) we'd maybe see a bit of sanity.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 07, 2016, 09:01:53 AM »
No worries mate. I was quite pleased with our performance. Fair enough, we should've won it 4-0 but it is what it is. Put together with the opening 60 against Leicester I feel we're on the right track. I won't be mislead by the results in the last two games but will look to the performance. In a way footy is sometimes like the Movie "Unbreakable" featuring Bruce Willis and Samuel Jackson. Where one is truly unbreakable the other is made of glass.

Leicester has everything going for them. Everything just goes in. They score from their first free-kick just 3 minutes into the game and from their 2nd corner. We, on the other hand have a 80-20 domination and created chance after chance but still draw against team destined for relegation.

I will look beyond the results. I'm indeed very encouraged by what I saw today and the first 60 against Leicester. I have no doubt in my mind we'll go through against West Ham. None whatsoever.

The one worry I have is the lack of quality and leadership in the center of the park. Can was actually having a good game today and so was Allen. Henderson though was horrible. I didn't see him complete one correct pass in the forward direction.

I think our wing play was better than it's been all season. We linked up well to use the space behind their fullbacks. It is a concern, of course, we're still 2-3 qualityplayers short of taking advantage of it.

I'm sober, sane and fully at peace with the idea the League is long gone. I'm already looking forward to next season. This allows me to see and appreciate things I wouldn't have otherwise.

early runner for the Most Unlikely Post of 2016.

OK, who the feck has hijacked Martin's account. 

Bart or Gurdeep, is that you???

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 07, 2016, 02:29:05 PM »

the protest was pretty close to the Directors Box yesterday.

Ian Ayre will have got the message.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 07, 2016, 02:30:50 PM »

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 07, 2016, 02:32:07 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 07, 2016, 02:33:24 PM »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 07, 2016, 02:35:14 PM »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 07, 2016, 02:38:35 PM »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 07, 2016, 02:40:16 PM »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 07, 2016, 02:44:10 PM »