September 26, 2017, 07:19:32 PM

Author Topic: January 2016 transfer window  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
January 2016 transfer window
« on: September 12, 2015, 01:11:21 PM »
Liverpool midfield star set for January swap deal with AC Milan's Jeremy Menez

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/464375/Liverpool-midfield-star-set-for-January-swap-deal-with-AC-Milan-s-Jeremy-Menez

So we're going to swop our only defensive midfielder for an attacker. That one transfer seems to sum Rodgers' whole philosophy up.

It was interesting the calabre of the clubs that were linked with Lucas during the Summer - the interest in Joe Allen was noticable by it's complete absence.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: January 2016 transfer window
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 08:18:25 PM »
yes, perplexing transfer policy.

you'd be forgiven for thinking that the Brentmaster General and his hillbillies, don't have a clue.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 01:39:15 PM »
yes, perplexing transfer policy.

you'd be forgiven for thinking that the Brentmaster General and his hillbillies, don't have a clue.

He's simply far too clever for us meer mortals, Dude. His genius transcends far beyond what we will ever be able to comprehend.

Whilst we thought 'why Balotelli?', he knew he could do what every other manager Balotelli played under failed to do. Likewise, whilst everyone can't see how Benteke fits/can fit the way we play, Brendan is way ahead of us yet again. Ah, wait a minute, why does that somehow seem not quite right.......................

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 12:13:25 AM »
Liverpool FC will launch January bid for Swansea City star Andre Ayew - reports

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-launch-january-bid-10236948

Hopefully this sort of thing, where we don't bother with a player when available for peanuts and minimal risk, only to pay through the nose to a club that took the 'risk', is a thing of the past now.

Likewise our manager only seemingly having eyes for players already in the PL and paying out a fortune for the privilege.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 01:18:42 PM »
Liverpool boss demands owners invest more money in team to replace big-name sales

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/469783/Liverpool-Ladies-Matt-Beard-Fenway-Sports-Group-more-investment?utm_source=traffic.outbrain&utm_medium=traffic.outbrain&utm_term=traffic.outbrain&utm_content=traffic.outbrain&utm_campaign=traffic.outbrain

It's not Klopp saying this, but it's very interesting all the same.

Mission statement impossible - Wanted: Rich benefactor to lavish cash on special football club. Mere lottery winners and American 'sports franchise' owners need not apply and previous flirts will be ignored too.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 01:20:12 PM by Tes »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 01:26:44 PM »
Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus keen to link up with old boss Klopp in Liverpool reunion

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/613297/Borussia-Dortmund-Marco-Reus-Jurgen-Klopp-Liverpool-Transfer-News-Gossip

"According to reports" - that old chestnut is still alive and well.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 06:13:36 PM »
Rumours are that we've agreed a £15m deal for Pato in January. Not that I believe it.

TBH I am still having nightmares over his Milan career (Milan are my Italian club and have been since the Saachi era) however he has seemed to have gotten back on track in Brazil scoring a truck load of goals and looking a lot leaner/fitter than ever before.

Still I would be unsure on him but it would be an exciting signing were it to happen.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 03:42:04 PM »
Rumours are that we've agreed a £15m deal for Pato in January. Not that I believe it.

TBH I am still having nightmares over his Milan career (Milan are my Italian club and have been since the Saachi era) however he has seemed to have gotten back on track in Brazil scoring a truck load of goals and looking a lot leaner/fitter than ever before.

Still I would be unsure on him but it would be an exciting signing were it to happen.

Agree. It was always a waiting game to see if or when he'd turn into the player he promised to be. I'd also reserve any enthusiasm about us signing him, just because he's doing ok in Brazil.

Proving yourself in South American football's one thing, proving yourself in Serie A is another and doing in the PL is a different task again.

Studge's continued brittleness is a real headache. Do you sell and replace (not an easy task), keep and hope his body develops some resilience? Keeping him means we'll always need an extra striker, just to be sure.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 12:59:19 AM »
Mario Balotelli is dreaming of a move to Real Madrid, according to AC Milan striker's team-mate Diego Lopez

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3343669/Mario-Balotelli-dreaming-Real-Madrid-according-AC-Milan-striker-s-team-mate-Diego-Lopez.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

We're also dreaming it would happen too.

I wonder how much it would cost us to sell him to Real?  ;D

Rafa, you know you want to do us a favour.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 11:34:40 PM »
Liverpool close in on deal for Marko Grujic from Red Star Belgrade

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/17/liverpool-marko-grujic-red-star-belgrade-jurgen-klopp

5 goals and 6 assists in 21 matches in the Serbian SuperLiga this season.

£5M isn't a bad price. If he doesn't work out we don't stand to loose out on a huge sum unlike the likes of Markovic, another Serb who was only a year older when we signed him.

It's not so bad to take gambles on players for £5M. It's the double figure gambles we took under Rodgers that make no sense.

I don't think we'll lots of big names come in as Klopp seems to prefer to produce the 'big names' for himself, which is far more exciting and satisfying.

It's good to see that his first signing is a central midfielder that does score the odd goal or two.

Apparently both Inter and the Mancs were really keen on him, so it's not too bad allround if this goes through.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 10:55:14 PM »
Liverpool's Christian Benteke on Chelsea transfer radar for January as they seek more goals

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-christian-benteke-chelsea-transfer-7040395

Oddly enough I can't see it happening. If there's a chance we ought to take it, move on and look for someone more suitable.

Remy + our money back for Benteke?  ;D

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 11:48:19 AM »
It's everywhere this morning that we've agreed to sign 18 year old Marko Grujic, a midfielder from Red Star Belgrade for £5M, with them loaning him back for the rest of the season for £730K, and we've agreed to them having a 10% sell-on clause.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:49:52 AM by Tes »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 06:36:30 PM »
we must be the biggest buyers of kids, who will never get a game, and immediately get loaned.

we now have had the O & M (Organisation & Methods) men in, to see how we can more efficiently do it.

and they have came up with a superb line of thought.

i.e. at the same time when we do the deal for the kid, we organise a loan at the same time.

And a buy-back clause too would be cool.

and they have a 10 percent sell-on cut.......shouldn't we also be including a 10 percent knock-down cut, when we have to sell at a loss, in the future.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 07:18:08 PM »
Liverpool's Christian Benteke on Chelsea transfer radar for January as they seek more goals

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-christian-benteke-chelsea-transfer-7040395

Oddly enough I can't see it happening. If there's a chance we ought to take it, move on and look for someone more suitable.

Remy + our money back for Benteke?  ;D

interesting idea, Tes (player plus cash).

The story was in the People, so I give it as much creedence as the Daily Sport leading with Hitler's escape plane found on the moon.

But if remotely true, I'd bite Chelsea's hand off, for them to take Benteke.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2015, 03:46:29 PM »
it was Klopp's assistant who has scouted Grujic for 2 years..........

P.s. He's going to be a first team player next season.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 03:49:36 PM by Edward224 »