September 26, 2017, 07:19:01 PM

Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers Sacked  (Read 5886 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
Brendan Rodgers Sacked
« on: October 04, 2015, 06:41:34 PM »
So...

The news that we've wanted - by some people for a long time and others for a short time.

However let us not abuse Brendan. Whatever you may think of him professionally and personally he tried to do his best for us. So I do plead to others on here not to abuse him in either way.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 06:46:52 PM »
So...

The news that we've wanted - by some people for a long time and others for a short time.

However let us not abuse Brendan. Whatever you may think of him professionally and personally he tried to do his best for us. So I do plead to others on here not to abuse him in either way.

Good on you Edward. Agree, no need for the namecalling. I'm just pleased our owners took early action to salvage what can be salvaged this season. Maybe that Swedish news article was spot on after all. Here's hoping.

Thanks for the best 4 months in over two decades Brendan. You're just not the finished article just yet.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 06:50:33 PM »
Welcome Ancelotti YNWA
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 08:18:43 PM »
So...

oh goodness no.

I wouldn't dream of abusing, or dancing on his career grave, like some folk here (cough splutter cough) did with Rafa Benitez.

I imagine the massive (some have said 7 or 8 million quid) severance package will enable the Brentmaster to maintain his usual smile and cocky demeanour.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:19:54 PM by the dude abides »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 08:39:22 PM »
West Ham striker Andy Carroll commented on speculation that Rodgers will be sacked if the Reds lose the 225th Merseyside derby on Sunday.

Asked whether he thinks Liverpool would win the derby he commented: "It's a win win situation for Liverpool!!",  report the Liverpool Echo.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 08:42:44 PM »

With Brendan Rodgers, there was a lot going on,” Andy Carroll told The Times.

“What he was saying to me and what was actually happening [were different things]. He was telling me one thing to my face, then I’d leave the training ground and he would ring me and tell me a completely different thing.

“He would say: ‘You’re going to play every week, you’re going to play every game up front with [Luis] Suarez’. I’d leave and get home and he would ring me and say: ‘Fulham and West Ham want you and I think it’s best you should go.’

“I had just had a conversation with him ten minutes ago. So I would go back and see him and he would say the opposite again.

“It was the same thing round and round and round. On phone calls, it was: ‘I think you should go.’
“To my face it was: ‘You’ll start every week’. It was mixed messages. He was messing with my head. I lost respect for him, to be honest."

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 08:43:05 PM »
Jamie Carragher: Brendan Rodgers deserved sacking after turning Liverpool into Tottenham

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 08:45:18 PM »
Graeme Souness is 'amazed' by the news of the dismissal....he admits he was surprised to see the Northern Irishman appointed in the first place.

"I'm stunned," the former Liverpool man said.

"They gave him a load of money in the summer and I find it amazing."

"But with all due respect I don’t see why they gave Brendan Rodgers the job in the first place.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 08:49:57 PM »
Now it would be a great day if the owners also dismissed their chief scout, transfer committee, and that other fukcwit, yankee Mike Gordon.

I hope to feck, that FSG now belatedly realise that they themselves know feck all about 'soccer' and now bring in top people to run the club.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 09:53:16 PM »
reports in the last few minutes, saying that O'Driscoll and McAllister are also now gone.

If true, that suggests that our owners already have a new manager (and his coaching team) ready to step in.

Insiders (in the forums and in twitter) say Klopp is our new boss, with a three year contract.

Though newspaper media say the club has not approached Klopp (or anyone as yet)....and that the recruitment process will begin in the next week.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 01:45:03 AM »
Now it would be a great day if the owners also dismissed their chief scout, transfer committee, and that other fukcwit, yankee Mike Gordon.

I hope to feck, that FSG now belatedly realise that they themselves know feck all about 'soccer' and now bring in top people to run the club.

Exactly. Rodgers was the tip of the iceberg, not much more than an ice cube.

Ancelotti is supposedly not available until the Summer having recently had back (I think it was) surgery. Unlike when we replaced Dalglish with Souness instead of Bobby Robson, I hope FSG get it right and give it to the guy, the only guy, who is experienced enough to turn the juggernaut around.

So it's Howe from Bournemouth then.  :(
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 01:47:54 AM »
I wouldn't dream of dancing on his career grave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46K9jNPzUHs

Not a single 'career' in sight.  ;D

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 09:31:20 AM »
I woke up this morning, and yes, it really is true. I hadn't just dreamt it.

Now to the nightmare FSG will make of replacing him. Afterall, their track record of choosing managers is worse than Mike Ashley's.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 10:14:06 AM »
Normally I don't read Paddy Barclay's pontificating self important drivel, but this one is pretty close to reality (for Barclay):

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/patrick-barclay-brendan-rodgers-is-a-victim-of-liverpool-s-moneyball-methods-a3082676.html

The next manager needs complete autonomy over transfers. No bloody transfer committee, no buying potential all the time and no buying with an eye on selling for a huge profit somewhere down the line.

We buy assets for the pitch, not the future balance sheet, and it's no good funding our transfers with one big sale every year, as you've got that player to replace before you do anything else anyway or haven't FSG noticed that or the reason the transfer fee received was so large.

And we need to sort out the wreckage Rodgers has been of the academy. Losing Burrell and Segura was criminal and we need to stop merely assembling young players that ultimately never see the light of the first team day and produce some real quality that can be first 11 players.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 10:34:15 AM »
Ancelotti's playing it cool and dignified: "I have not had any offer from Liverpool. " is the quote all the media have latched onto.

He's had no offer, either before or after Rodgers sacking, but it doesn't mean there's not been contact, or that he's not considering his reply should there be either contact or an offer.

It's allowing it to look like he's not been "discussing things" during Rodgers' latter days/weeks or that there's even been any contact.

He's a master of giving the press something, but nothing, and letting them run with it, creating a wrong impression through their own clumsy interpretation - as now, the press are using this statement to tell us he's "ruled himself out of the job".

The man's just pure class. You don't win what he has, and in different leagues/countries without being a class act. He's also wrongly identified as a cheque book manager when the truth of it is that at the likes of PSG and Real, brandishing money is part of the owners'/president's m.o.
He didn't spend masses at Chelsea and it was Ambrovich forcing expensive 'trinkets' on him, ie the £50m Torres.