September 26, 2017, 07:06:08 PM

Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers Sacked  (Read 5885 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 01:21:51 PM »
It's Klopp.

He has told friends that he expects to return to management within the next two weeks, despite not naming his destination.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 03:00:33 PM »
The next manager needs complete autonomy over transfers. No bloody transfer committee, no buying potential all the time and no buying with an eye on selling for a huge profit somewhere down the line.

We buy assets for the pitch, not the future balance sheet, and it's no good funding our transfers with one big sale every year

Losing Burrell and Segura was criminal

agreed, Tes.

to be honest, if FSG don't change their ways, they need to sell up and move on.

As Jamie Carragher said yesterday on Sky, after hearing the news of Rodgers sacking,  FSG have made so many bad decisions since they took over.

The transfer committee is a joke.  It consists of 6 feckers (like yanks Edwards, Gordon....and Ayre, Fallow, Rodgers and Hunter) that I wouldn't have on my village pub team transfer committee.  No wonder our transfers are tripe.   Those 6 are not good enough to organise Darlington or York City's transfer budget, nevermind a top club.

And they appointed a chief scout, the youngster Barry Hunter.     Never in a million years good enough for a top club like Liverpool.

The same story re Rodgers.  Never ever good enough.  A mad appointment.

And we need a balanced age group.  This ridiculous thing of buying young, and for the future, is madness.   We need a balanced age group.

As you say, losing Burrell and Segura, was criminal....utter madness.

FSG should sack themselves.   Apart from the ground expansion, everything else football-related has been a disastrous decision.

They need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.   If they are to continue with their ignorance, arrogance and contrariness, then they best sell up. 

To date, they have made a total c.o'ck up.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 03:15:05 PM »
It's Klopp.

He has told friends that he expects to return to management within the next two weeks, despite not naming his destination.

Maybe he's going to Sunderland.   :D

Graemekelly seems to have broke the Rodgers sacking on twitter.  On the podcast last night, he said he heard on Thursday/Friday when out with friends in Liverpool, that he was told emphatically, that Rodgers was gone, 100 percent.  And it would happen after the Everton game.

The bloke says the transfer committee will remain.

He says the top ranked people on that committee, are:

1) Gordon
2) Ayre
3) Edwards

Edwards is the key man.  Massively thought of by FSG.

Edwards seems to be the key instigator for bringing in Klopp.

FSG and Edwards are listening to the fans, he says. 

The insider says his contact told him Sunday night, that the Klopp deal is already done. 

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 03:20:26 PM »
Speculation that Klopp will bring some of his team, notably the Dortmund Director of Football (a Bosnian who is contracted there til the summer). 

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 03:23:10 PM »
Sky saying that Liverpool have made contact today with both Klopp and Ancelotti.  *cough splutter cough*

They also say: Liverpool plan to appoint a new manager before they go to Tottenham on October 17 after the international break and have no plans to appoint a caretaker as they hope to have the vacancy filled.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 03:28:11 PM »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 03:33:38 PM »
Betting has been suspended on Jurgen Klopp being named new manager of Liverpool.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 03:35:41 PM »
Alex Donohue of Ladbrokes said: "There's a strong vibe Klopp to Liverpool is a done deal so we've had no choice but to suspend betting. The run of cash we've taken in a matter of minutes suggests an announcement is expected sooner rather than later."

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 03:37:59 PM »
Latest from Bosnia, former Borussia Dortmund assistant coach Zeljko Buvac is preparing to pack his bags for Merseyside. Buvac was No2 to Jurgen Klopp during the German's time in charge of BVB.

It's claimed Klopp has already accepted a three-year deal offered by Liverpool.

Supposedly Liverpool have rented out a plush home property in Formby, on Merseyside, for a 'guest'. The suggestion is the new manager would take up immediate residence in Formby ahead of organising a more permanent home for his family.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 03:50:14 PM »
Speculation that Klopp will bring some of his team, notably the Dortmund Director of Football (a Bosnian who is contracted there til the summer).

The Bosnian is his assistant or was his assistant at Dortmund. The DoF is Michael Zorc a former German international.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 05:02:08 PM »
The Bosnian is his assistant or was his assistant at Dortmund. The DoF is Michael Zorc a former German international.

yes, one of the clues, the other day, was in a Bosnian local newspaper in the town where the guy was from.  It cited he was Anfield bound (with Klopp).

Yes, it will be interesting to see if Klopp also brings Zorc, the DoF  (reports say that he is contracted to Dortmund til the summer).

It looks like FSG acted quickly, in case Chelsea fired Morinho, and the blues also entered the market for a top manager.   
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:03:13 PM by the dude abides »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 01:01:09 AM »
It looks like FSG acted quickly, in case Chelsea fired Morinho, and the blues also entered the market for a top manager.

Or belatedly after realising it should have been done in the Summer.

If they decided to back him in the Summer which they did, then surely they have to back that with time. After letting him bring in so many new faces again it was unrealistic to expect everything to gell instantly.

It's O'Driscoll I feel for. After giving up the England U-19s job he's here 5 minutes before FSG either finally act or jump the gun.

There's been a huge waste of time and money not sacking him in the Summer and then only giving it 5 minutes into the new season. It's really poor either way from FSG.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2015, 01:26:56 AM »
The bloke says the transfer committee will remain.

Ridiculous. How much more proof do they need that it doesn't work?
What do Gordon and Ayre know about the footballing side of player selection? Then there's the stats guy. You can't see how a player could fit the requirements or be well suited by looking at stats alone.

Going on stats, a player may look good playing in one team that plays a completely different way to us. Conversely his stats could be poor as he's not suited to or played out of position for his current team, but would suit us perfectly.

Fallows and Hunter wouldn't know the right kind of player if their job depended on it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to as they're still in jobs.

We need a new chief scout, assistant chief scout, a better network of scouts and at every level and age group throughout the club. Then there's the academy to sort out in terms of coaching staff, as well as scouts as mentioned above.

Gordon and Ayre's input should be purely on the finance side. Whether we can afford a player and whether the selling club's valuation is reasonable. Even then, I doubt their capabilities on the second point.

With the amount of work required at the club, I'd have no problem if the new manager had some assistance in implementing all the changes and doing the recruitment needed. That could be done by a DoF type appointment - leaves the manager to sort out the first team, and concentrate on coaching etc. Whilst the manager, together with input (though no ultimate decision making power, or not at a level that vetoes the manager in any way) from the DoF, decides what needs changing. He wouldn't be tied up implementing it all.

Doing 'everything' as a manager used to do is far too much in modern football. Even Ferguson stated that if he'd come to the Mancs in the present, he wouldn't have been able to do everything he had back in the 80s.

Everything would be ultimately decided by the manager, but the implementation carried out by a DoF figure.

It might even leave the manager free enough to watch a few of the targets recommended by the scouts for himself, rather than relying on reports, stats and DVDs etc. Likewise take in more academy matches and see for himself again who's who and who's a possibility for promotion to the first team squad for himself, not just on the word of the academy staff.

Ultimately the manager is responsible for everything on the footballing side, therefore he needs final say, as it's only him that appears to pay with his job if decisions taken prove to be wrong. Full accountability and no shifting of blame around.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2015, 01:31:21 AM »
There's been a huge waste of time and money not sacking him in the Summer and then only giving it 5 minutes into the new season. It's really poor either way from FSG.

absolutely.

very very poor running of the club.

one can't help but wonder how these guys ever made any money in business.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2015, 01:34:00 AM »
Ridiculous. How much more proof do they need that it doesn't work?

Fallows and Hunter wouldn't know the right kind of player if their job depended on it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to as they're still in jobs.

We need a new chief scout, assistant chief scout, a better network of scouts and at every level and age group throughout the club. Then there's the academy to sort out in terms of coaching staff, as well as scouts as mentioned above.

yes, the idiots FSG have dismantled everything that Rafa set up.

Their amateurs, aided by the youngster of a manager, have ran amok at the club, and tumbled and broken everything they could lay their sweaty hands on.

It is a total rebuilding job - from top to bottom.

I would like to think that this has been one helluva lesson for these Boston dimwits.

There is no point expanding the ground, if supporters have no interest in being in the stadium.