September 21, 2019, 08:10:05 AM

Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers Sacked  (Read 28855 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2015, 06:52:03 PM »
Edward, you've tried to prove your point by going off on a tangent.

I don't remember Spurs putting up much of a fight, maybe they didn't know what they had, but the combination of Segura and Borell have a track record far better than our current incumbent(s). Maybe Inglethorpe will prove eventually to be an inspired piece of recruitment and have a track the equal of the ex-Barcelona pair.

We've focused more on youth recruitment under FSG and Rodgers than previously and Rodgers hasn't had the internal political b.s with Parry and his son that Benitez did.

And if as you state Rafa said '10 years etc, etc' then were at or around that point so the academy, in terms of players, not staff, will indeed be at it's strongest point.

As for Elias, I was referring to his track record at Southampton (he wasn't with us long enough to develop one), where 'tree pulling' should be a touch easier than at the mighty Fulham, though Patrick Roberts may not agree.

I'm not sure either why you were referring to the period 2010-2015, and surely the present, 2015, falls within your defined time frame.

As mind is somewhat tied up with 'doing my homework' you'll have to explain.

And as we've only really 'produced / co-produced' Sterling from the academy/youth ranks/ below the first team since the likes of Carra, Owen, Gerrard  etc (Flanno, Rossiter and Ibe would really stretching the point) it's pretty safe to say that the academy has been poor, though that may be down to the time frame requirements/estimations of 10 years and is therefore something that we need to work on and improve by a huge amount. It's more pertinent in our case as we don't have Ambramovich's spending money, though Chelsea seem to be making a better job of their academy than us of our's.

I shall now get my head back in my homework books.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 07:02:02 PM by Tes »
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2015, 08:56:25 PM »
And as we've only really 'produced / co-produced' Sterling from the academy/youth ranks/ below the first team since the likes of Carra, Owen, Gerrard  etc (Flanno, Rossiter and Ibe would really stretching the point) it's pretty safe to say that the academy has been poor, though that may be down to the time frame requirements/estimations of 10 years and is therefore something that we need to work on and improve by a huge amount.

exactly.

and we didn't even produce Sterling.    Sterling was bought in, as a 15 year old from QPR.

I usually don't give a lot of importance to youth academies at the top clubs - because in the modern era, top clubs tend to go out and bring in the finished article.....and to hell with their own academy.

But Liverpool in 2010 had a top notch team in place.  Rafa had us fighting above our weight.

Which is what Jurgen will also need to do. 

Going back to the youth setup.  FSG need to get away from their model, of buying in cheap, and selling when someone become the finished article.  We do not want to become a nursery club to the top teams. 
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2015, 09:13:50 PM »
Rodgers is amongst the favourites for the Barcodes' job should 'the wally with the brolly' get given his P45:

Next Newcastle manager: Odds and contenders as pressure mounts on Steve McClaren

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-newcastle-manager-odds-contenders-6925328

Then we really would see if he knows how to get a team to defend, as they'd have to scrap their way out of the bottom three, and utopian football won't work down there.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2015, 08:50:28 AM »
yes, I saw him linked yesterday to that potential vacancy.

Who in their right minds, especially at that end of the table, would ever employ Rodgers.

Mind you, I don't think his ego would allow him to manage that far down the table.  Having said that, he does appear to like money and the spotlight.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2015, 12:58:21 PM »
yes, I saw him linked yesterday to that potential vacancy.

Who in their right minds, especially at that end of the table, would ever employ Rodgers.

Mind you, I don't think his ego would allow him to manage that far down the table.  Having said that, he does appear to like money and the spotlight.

Agreed, Rodgers won't have room for his utopian football. Newcastle needed someone like Fat Sham (although he wouldn't have gone back there) to come in and avoid the season turning into the perennial relegation battle. Allardyce for all his bluster, does seem to get the basic foundations in place at a club.
Villa, like Newcastle, seem like a club set up for failure. Both need new owners, and their fans need a reality check. Both clubs have been allowed to slide by their owners, so the fans need to understand that the club has to be re-built under new ownership before they can even start to think about challenging for the UEFA Cup spot, or playing attractive, vibrant football.

Until new owners arrive, survival is the only realistic target. It's not nice, or fun, but it's better than Division 2 football.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2016, 01:10:29 AM »
Brendan..............again:

Brendan Rodgers has turned down five jobs since Liverpool sacking as he admits he may not join 'top club' after time out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3438049/Brendan-Rodgers-turned-five-jobs-Liverpool-sacking-admits-not-join-club-time-out.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2016, 10:27:47 PM »
after licking his wounds for a few weeks, the mouth is back, clearly fancying himself as a bit of a future pundit....and wanting to clarify how decent and humble he is.

note (like david o'leary in the past) how many times Rodgers uses the word I and associated words like, me and mine.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2016, 10:42:56 PM »
after licking his wounds for a few weeks, the mouth is back, clearly fancying himself as a bit of a future pundit....and wanting to clarify how decent and humble he is.

note (like david o'leary in the past) how many times Rodgers uses the word I and associated words like, me and mine.

Everything that went wrong was ultimately down to others. I can't wait for him to get his next job so he can prove himself wrong.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2016, 11:02:04 PM »
Everything that went wrong was ultimately down to others. I can't wait for him to get his next job so he can prove himself wrong.

yes, all the wrong things were down to others.

but he has to be very careful - I imagine he has signed a clause in his leaving contract at Anfield - not to criticise the club.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2016, 03:01:10 AM »
yes, all the wrong things were down to others.

but he has to be very careful - I imagine he has signed a clause in his leaving contract at Anfield - not to criticise the club.

He edged around the 'winning model' / 'business model' issue, being careful to just highlight the two and not actually say the 'business model' way was actually wrong.

Has he had his say on the ticket price issue?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2016, 11:06:50 AM »
He edged around the 'winning model' / 'business model' issue, being careful to just highlight the two and not actually say the 'business model' way was actually wrong.

Has he had his say on the ticket price issue?

I think he's saving that up for the next media appearance.

Can't be using all his opportunities up at once.

I note he's been on that far east sports channel BeIN a fair bit in this comeback.

You know, everyone at the club has suffered him for so long - but I have the feeling that it would just take one or two senior people, or ex-pros, to come out and criticise him, for the whole sham to collapse, and others start to do the same.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2016, 01:02:17 PM »
I think he's saving that up for the next media appearance.

Can't be using all his opportunities up at once.

I note he's been on that far east sports channel BeIN a fair bit in this comeback.

You know, everyone at the club has suffered him for so long - but I have the feeling that it would just take one or two senior people, or ex-pros, to come out and criticise him, for the whole sham to collapse, and others start to do the same.

It truly is hard to think about just exactly how much was spent during his tenure and what we ended up with for all that money.

I wonder if Brendan's touting for an overpaid job in the Chinese Superleague. He'd have money, so cross that excuse off, no transfer committee, ditto. We could be on the cusp of a BR team about to take over the world.
The shoot-out of the 'Super Bosses', Pep Vs Brendan, live on Pay Per View.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2016, 06:18:05 PM »
It truly is hard to think about just exactly how much was spent during his tenure and what we ended up with for all that money.

I wonder if Brendan's touting for an overpaid job in the Chinese Superleague. He'd have money, so cross that excuse off, no transfer committee, ditto. We could be on the cusp of a BR team about to take over the world.
The shoot-out of the 'Super Bosses', Pep Vs Brendan, live on Pay Per View.

:)

if you look across his career (I love wikipedia as my initial source), Brendan's big thing is that he was never given long enough, in any of his jobs, to oversee the transformation that his ideas demanded.

"we're almost at the mountain top - I can see the peak - have brave heart, don't waver young soul, and stick with me.  You need to have faith (and keep paying me the crazy wages)"

It's almost a religious thing. 

Faith, faith, faith.....demands the false prophet with over 100 properties and a massive bank balance.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2016, 07:17:54 PM »
Looks like Jurgen's had enough of Brendan's blathering too:

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2016, 01:15:04 AM »
 :) :)