October 16, 2019, 03:25:43 PM

Author Topic: Jurgen Klopp  (Read 9778 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Jurgen Klopp
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 03:14:07 PM »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 03:19:22 PM »
"I'm the normal one'  ;D

He's like an antidote to Mourinho, this guy. Humble, funny, charismatic, and puts his club and players before his ego.

Exciting times!

Nicely summed up. He's a far better fit than Rodgers was, purely on personality alone.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 03:28:04 PM »
mind you, Brendan had us playing emotional football too.

I was never done standing up, cussing at the screen, and getting all  overcome with emotion.

;D  ;D   ;D

Maybe now I can leave the cardiac suite, even though I love the curried goat they serve, alone for a while.

He's not going to try to re-invent the wheel or re-write Football 101 like Rodgers seemingly set out to do. Everything built on defence. It's always been the way successful teams and successful managers worked.
Shanks, Sir Bob, Cloughie, Stein, Taggart, Wenger (when he still had George Graham's back five), Rafa, Mourinho. The only exceptions have ever been Brazil and Barcelona.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 03:34:38 PM »

an industry that has sold it's soul.  You wouldn't have seen this type of photo in Shankly, Paisley, or even Roy Evans era.

BUT, a helluva signing for Liverpool FC.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude will be on the porter tonight!   (by the pool).

Cringeworthy isn't it. A photo in the dugout and another in front of or sat on the Kop. That would have surficed.
Unfortunately the rules of the game now are those who amass the largest transfer budget amass the most points.

I'm just grateful to have lived through and had a chance to enjoy when a team could come up from Div 4 and challenge for the title (Toshack's Swansea) or a newly promoted team from Div 2 could win the league in the first season (Clough's Forest) based on a manager putting together a group of players that functioned the best as a unit, despite the cost of putting the group together, not because of it.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »
Klopp gets stuck into the press, ala Jeremy Corbyn. “It would be good if we could focus on the football and not take so many photographs. In my hotel room I cannot walk from one side of the room to the other because of all the cameras.’ Silence after that answer. Not so many laughs.

But plenty of naval gazing.

Somehow I don't see the media being able to turn against him if they're not getting soundbites galore. Firstly, because he's just so likeable and I think even opposition fans will find him so, it will negate the media's bile, and secondly, I think he's got the wit to make the media look rather silly if they try anything on with him.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 08:14:02 PM »
He's been here 5 minutes and already the media have linked us with a mass of players, all claimed to be his 'first signing'.

I imagine he's more focused on seeing who and what he's got and what he can make out of the current jigsaw pieces than logging into his Amazon.de account and ordering new jigsaws by the lorry load.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 08:45:49 PM »
He's not going to try to re-invent the wheel or re-write Football 101 like Rodgers seemingly set out to do. Everything built on defence. It's always been the way successful teams and successful managers worked.
Shanks, Sir Bob, Cloughie, Stein, Taggart, Wenger (when he still had George Graham's back five), Rafa, Mourinho. The only exceptions have ever been Brazil and Barcelona.

exactly.

for all the courses, and management-speak, and certificates of modern muppets, like Rodgers - he couldn't grasp the first and most basic lesson of football, you build from the back. 

Somehow I don't see the media being able to turn against him if they're not getting soundbites galore. Firstly, because he's just so likeable and I think even opposition fans will find him so, it will negate the media's bile, and secondly, I think he's got the wit to make the media look rather silly if they try anything on with him.

yes, the London media are asswipes.  And I have always suspected that they have an inbuilt hatred of Liverpool (the place and the people). 

Their vile comes out any time the club threatens to be successful.....and they go after our top people - e.g.   Rafa, Suarez etc.

I hope Klopp sees through these evil barstewards.....and nails them for what they are.

I also think many in London media are basically racist/little englanders.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 08:48:43 PM »
He's been here 5 minutes and already the media have linked us with a mass of players, all claimed to be his 'first signing'.

I imagine he's more focused on seeing who and what he's got and what he can make out of the current jigsaw pieces than logging into his Amazon.de account and ordering new jigsaws by the lorry load.

yes, between now and January, he will be analysising and making sense of what he has got,and what he needs.

January usually offers little.

And I am yet to be convinced that his Dortmund style of football will work in England, nor the type of players he used in Germany will work in the premiership for us. 

But he is a smart enough man, along with his two sidekicks, to tweak and find solutions.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 12:59:54 PM »
Thank Christ that Rodgers f**ker is gone along with
his Nouveau Swansea clusterf*ck methods.

Welcome Back LFC.

Welcome Herr Klopp.

The winter of discontent is over and I can see the Red Giant
rising again on the horizon.

I feel alive again as a Red. :)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2015, 06:09:57 PM »
Thank Christ that Rodgers f**ker is gone along with
his Nouveau Swansea clusterf*ck methods.

Welcome Back LFC.

Welcome Herr Klopp.

The winter of discontent is over and I can see the Red Giant
rising again on the horizon.

I feel alive again as a Red. :)

Welcome back, Ed,  from your Rodgersrised hiatus. The air is fresh once more, not longer pungent with the stench of b.s (brendan speak).

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015, 06:11:15 PM »
Klopp, the alcoholic was out boozing last and we haven't even played a damn game. Sach kim!!!!  ;D

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2015, 10:04:58 PM »
A lot of rumours by people - substantial people - are saying our first signing under Klopp will be Porto's Ruben Neves.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:06:05 PM by Edward224 »

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2015, 01:21:04 PM »
Welcome back, Ed,  from your Rodgersrised hiatus. The air is fresh once more, not longer pungent with the stench of b.s (brendan speak).
Thanks Tes!  :)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 05:10:55 PM »
A lot of rumours by people - substantial people

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 05:12:23 PM »
Klopp, the alcoholic was out boozing last and we haven't even played a damn game. Sach kim!!!!  ;D

didn't they do our chip shop, during the war.

heck, don't mention the war.

sounds like acloholic and wumaniser to me.