September 26, 2017, 07:03:10 PM

Author Topic: FA Cup 2015/16  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: FA Cup 2015/16
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 11:34:20 PM »
I know Klopp today says Benteke has a future at Anfield.  But I cannot see it myself.  Unless he makes the tea.  The most expensive tea lady in history.

With Klopp being so supportive of him publicly and no doubt privately too, he'll have no-one to blame but himself when Klopp runs out of patience.

The way he moves about and the effort he puts in, the water will have gone cold in the kettle before he gets it poured over the teabag.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 08:50:41 PM »
We desperately need a goal from somewhere????? to force penalties.  ::)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 09:16:34 PM »
Typically poor goal again?

Little or no attempt to stop a cross coming into our box, and the goalscorer unmarked and stood in his own shire.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 09:54:16 PM »
very lacksadasical, tired and loose performance so far.

contrast our efforts with the table-topping Leicester team's performances.

great goal from countinho though.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 09:55:35 PM »
replace Benteke with a lamp post.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 10:02:03 PM »

Isn't that the same thing?  ;D

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 10:13:44 PM »

Seperated at birth:

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 10:22:54 PM »
 :)

32 million doesn't buy you much these days.

they should just have told the lad to pass it every time to Sturridge.  Sturridge was the classiest player on the pitch....very evident.

Seriously embarrassing for Benteke and those who scouted and brought him to the club.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 10:46:36 PM »

32 million doesn't buy you much these days.

they should just have told the lad to pass it every time to Sturridge.  Sturridge was the classiest player on the pitch....very evident.

Seriously embarrassing for Benteke and those who scouted and brought him to the club.

But, but, but........ he's the new Lewandowski, given time.  I doubt a couple of millennia would be long enough.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 11:00:59 PM »

maybe it was a wind up.

like that lad that Souness took to Southampton years ago......took him off at half-time, after realising they had been wound up......he was a regular bloke, nowhere near the level.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 03:06:41 AM »

maybe it was a wind up.

like that lad that Souness took to Southampton years ago......took him off at half-time, after realising they had been wound up......he was a regular bloke, nowhere near the level.

George Weah's cousin wasn't he supposed to be or something.

Rodgers signed the wrong Belgian. Because Romelu Lukaku had had so many different loan moves to PL clubs, Rodgers got confused, and signed Benteke instead thinking it was Lukaku, which is why he paid so much as he wanted to make it up to his ex-employer and pal Mourinho, for us stealing Sturridge for £12M.

It couldn't be any worse. He could have signed Romelu's brother Jordan, who plays for KV Oostende in the Belgian Jupiler league (their top division) and is valued at less than £2M - Jordan's got 2 goals and 6 assists in 21 league games this season, compared to Benteke's 6 goals and 2 assists, also in 21 league games.  :'(  :'(  :'(
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:14:26 AM by Tes »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »
George Weah's cousin wasn't he supposed to be or something.

Ali Dia (born 20 August 1965) is a Senegalese former professional footballer who played as a striker.
In November 1996, Dia famously convinced then-manager of Southampton, Graeme Souness, that he was the cousin of FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or winner George Weah, which led to him signing a one-month contract with Southampton just days later. Dia played only one match in his short spell at the club before being released 14 days into his contract.

After a playing career at the lower levels in France and Germany, and having already had failed trials at Port Vale, Gillingham, and Bournemouth, Dia joined non-league club Blyth Spartans, where he made only one substitute appearance – on 9 November 1996 in a Northern Premier League game against Boston United.

Days later, Dia was signed by Southampton manager Graeme Souness, after Souness received a phone call purporting to be from Liberian international and former FIFA World Player of the Year, George Weah. "Weah" told Souness that Dia was his cousin, had played for Paris Saint-Germain, and had played 13 times for his country.

None of this was actually true, and the phone call to Souness was made by a fellow university student of Dia's, suggesting that he should give Dia a chance with Southampton.[2] Souness was convinced, and without any due diligence, Dia was signed on a one-month contract.

Dia played just one game for Southampton, wearing the number 33 shirt, against Leeds United on 23 November 1996; he had originally been scheduled to play in a reserve team friendly against Arsenal, but the match was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch. In the match against Leeds, he came on as a substitute for Matthew Le Tissier after 32 minutes, but was later substituted himself (for Ken Monkou) in the 85th minute; Leeds won the match 2–0.

Le Tissier said: "He ran around the pitch like Bambi on ice; it was very embarrassing to watch."

wikipedia

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 11:19:36 AM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2551248-the-search-for-ali-dia-legendary-football-hoaxster-turned-houdini

a lot more detail in this link.

apparently he fooled a lot of clubs in europe, before moving to southampton.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 12:54:43 PM »

Ali Dia (born 20 August 1965) is a Senegalese former professional footballer who played as a striker.
In November 1996, Dia famously convinced then-manager of Southampton, Graeme Souness, that he was the cousin of FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or winner George Weah, which led to him signing a one-month contract with Southampton just days later. Dia played only one match in his short spell at the club before being released 14 days into his contract.

After a playing career at the lower levels in France and Germany, and having already had failed trials at Port Vale, Gillingham, and Bournemouth, Dia joined non-league club Blyth Spartans, where he made only one substitute appearance – on 9 November 1996 in a Northern Premier League game against Boston United.

Days later, Dia was signed by Southampton manager Graeme Souness, after Souness received a phone call purporting to be from Liberian international and former FIFA World Player of the Year, George Weah. "Weah" told Souness that Dia was his cousin, had played for Paris Saint-Germain, and had played 13 times for his country.

None of this was actually true, and the phone call to Souness was made by a fellow university student of Dia's, suggesting that he should give Dia a chance with Southampton.[2] Souness was convinced, and without any due diligence, Dia was signed on a one-month contract.

Dia played just one game for Southampton, wearing the number 33 shirt, against Leeds United on 23 November 1996; he had originally been scheduled to play in a reserve team friendly against Arsenal, but the match was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch. In the match against Leeds, he came on as a substitute for Matthew Le Tissier after 32 minutes, but was later substituted himself (for Ken Monkou) in the 85th minute; Leeds won the match 2–0.

Le Tissier said: "He ran around the pitch like Bambi on ice; it was very embarrassing to watch."

wikipedia

;D   ;D   ;D  Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from. I guess Souness preferred the familiar to the new.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 06:24:12 PM »
It couldn't be any worse. He could have signed Romelu's brother Jordan, who plays for KV Oostende in the Belgian Jupiler league (their top division) and is valued at less than £2M - Jordan's got 2 goals and 6 assists in 21 league games this season, compared to Benteke's 6 goals and 2 assists, also in 21 league games.  :'( :'( :'(

look at Leicester - just over 20 million spent putting that rag bag together.

And they annihilate us and City - who have spent over ten times as much (on transfers, nevermind the wages). 

I was laughing today, when reading Lineker saying that Arsenal have nicked the wrong Leicester scout....he says Steve Walsh has been Leicester's main guy.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/09/arsenal-wrong-scout-leicester-gary-lineker

If FSG were smart, they'd sack our chief scout, and sign Steve Walsh.  Even they paid him a massive wage, they'd save  fortune in transfer fees.

And regarding Spurs.  I have massive respect for their boss.  Spurs are playing very very impressive technical football.   If Man Utd are smart, they will go for the Spurs boss in the summer.

Hell, if we had been smart these past 3 or 4 years, we'd have not brought in three Southampton players, and instead signed the Saints manager.