December 06, 2019, 12:51:50 PM

Author Topic: doping  (Read 2586 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
doping
« on: January 17, 2016, 05:18:55 PM »
Blood samples in a Spanish freezer could spark biggest doping scandal of all time

"If implicated, football clearly carries the potential for a major scandal. Jesus Manzano, the former cyclist whose 2004 interview with the Spanish newspaper AS blew the whistle on Fuentes, said he often saw “well-known” footballers waiting to see the doctor when he went for his red blood cell top-ups, while plenty of clubs are alleged to have worked with him. In 2013, Fuentes even ­issued, via his lawyers, a series of questions he might be prepared to answer. One of the questions was: “How I prepared a team to play in the Champions League”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/12092102/Blood-samples-in-a-Barcelona-freezer-could-spark-biggest-ever-doping-scandal-as-Operation-Puerto-resurfaces.html
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: doping
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 05:28:36 PM »
Blood samples in a Spanish freezer could spark biggest doping scandal of all time

"If implicated, football clearly carries the potential for a major scandal. Jesus Manzano, the former cyclist whose 2004 interview with the Spanish newspaper AS blew the whistle on Fuentes, said he often saw “well-known” footballers waiting to see the doctor when he went for his red blood cell top-ups, while plenty of clubs are alleged to have worked with him. In 2013, Fuentes even ­issued, via his lawyers, a series of questions he might be prepared to answer. One of the questions was: “How I prepared a team to play in the Champions League”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/12092102/Blood-samples-in-a-Barcelona-freezer-could-spark-biggest-ever-doping-scandal-as-Operation-Puerto-resurfaces.html

I wouldn't be surprised. Wherever money's involved now, the worst sides of mankind come to the fore.

We're OK. Our club has so many dopes there's no doping required.  ;D
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 05:28:57 PM »
Now that's really interesting...Jan Molby did 6 months with the white stuff...but i have always wondered if there were others out there who took performance enhancing stuff.
Would not be surprised in the least.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 05:39:53 PM »
aye, plenty of dopes in our neighbourhood.

But being serious  (and I will never name any names/teams) but  the energy levels of some of the top Spanish teams in the 2000s, often amazed me.    Surreal ability to press and counter-attack.    Probably cornflakes, or good training systems, or whatever.  ;)
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.