September 26, 2017, 07:19:27 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window 2016  (Read 9355 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Summer Transfer Window 2016
« on: February 05, 2016, 01:05:58 AM »
Allegedly Sturridge wants to leave in the Summer because of Klopp's supposed criticism.

I don't think Klopp's been critical but if Sturridge takes it that way then he's very thin skinned.

It's probably best if he does leave as no matter how good he may be when fit, surely it's better to have a player who may only have a 1 in 3 record, fit all the time, rather than a player with a 1 in 1.5 record who's only fit 20% of the time.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 11:41:31 AM »
Maybe we can sell him to China?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 12:52:25 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :)
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 01:43:35 PM »
Maybe we can sell him to China?

And watch how he links up with Teixeira. Dreams and allegiances for sale, sold to the highest bidder.

Maybe we dodged a bullet with Teixeira. Apparently the Chinese team were the only ones to make a 'serious' bid, which was not what he was saying about our bid(s) last week.

The search for the 'next Jamie Vardy' continues.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »
"Let's put it like this: everyone always knew that I wanted to stay in Europe and move to the English Premier League club," Teixeira said.

"But, unfortunately, all the proposals that came from them, were somewhat windy and did not contain anything concrete."

"Now I have received a serious offer from China. Of course, I'm moving there."

"At this stage, Brazil national team will move away from me a little further. But let's see what happens in the future!"

As Tes says, looks like we dodged a bullet.

Heck, maybe we were only ever used to push his price and wages up.

Looks like the guy loves the money.  Why else would he go to that mecca of football, China.

Good riddance.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »
"Let's put it like this: everyone always knew that I wanted to stay in Europe and move to the English Premier League club," Teixeira said.

"But, unfortunately, all the proposals that came from them, were somewhat windy and did not contain anything concrete."

"Now I have received a serious offer from China. Of course, I'm moving there."

"At this stage, Brazil national team will move away from me a little further. But let's see what happens in the future!"

As Tes says, looks like we dodged a bullet.

Heck, maybe we were only ever used to push his price and wages up.

Looks like the guy loves the money.  Why else would he go to that mecca of football, China.

Good riddance.

Meanwhile, last week he was saying "The team received one official offer from Liverpool. It was rejected. I don't know why. It was a great offer. It is frustrating. But the manager and club president decided against it."

Not even a whiff of wind, despite Ian Ayre doing the negotiating.

In his own words, caught on video: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/641417/Alex-Teixiera-Why-I-did-not-join-Liverpool

All he had to do was say no, especially as his club had been insistent that he wouldn't be leaving until the Summer at least.

It's also rather odd how when the Chinese offered the magical £38M, the asking price didn't shoot up to £53M, like it supposedly had for us.

Looks like his dream to play in the PL and force his way into the Brazilian manager's thoughts by playing in a high profile league have all been bought off by the Chinese.

" A team full of Flanagans".

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 03:58:03 PM »
Meanwhile, last week he was saying "The team received one official offer from Liverpool. It was rejected. I don't know why. It was a great offer. It is frustrating. But the manager and club president decided against it."

Not even a whiff of wind, despite Ian Ayre doing the negotiating.

In his own words, caught on video: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/641417/Alex-Teixiera-Why-I-did-not-join-Liverpool

All he had to do was say no, especially as his club had been insistent that he wouldn't be leaving until the Summer at least.

It's also rather odd how when the Chinese offered the magical £38M, the asking price didn't shoot up to £53M, like it supposedly had for us.

Looks like his dream to play in the PL and force his way into the Brazilian manager's thoughts by playing in a high profile league have all been bought off by the Chinese.

yes, and a couple of days ago, his club denied any contact with a Chinese club.

the whole thing doesn't sit right.

I think we dodged a bullet.

Maybe no coincidence that moneybags Chelsea pulled out long before us.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 04:06:53 PM »
yes, and a couple of days ago, his club denied any contact with a Chinese club.

the whole thing doesn't sit right.

I think we dodged a bullet.

Maybe no coincidence that moneybags Chelsea pulled out long before us.

There's no doubt the Chinese will have offered him more than we did, but life's about trade-offs sometimes and it's not like he won't be set up for life with any 3 or 4 year contract we'd have offered.

We need players that 'want to play for us' above all other considerations. Players who appreciate the history of the club, don't wilt under so-called expectations because of it and want to be a part of recreating that history.
Klopp as the manager appears to fit that particular bill, now we need some players.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 05:45:52 PM »
From: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3433303/Alex-Teixeira-Liverpool-s-proposal-did-not-contain-concrete-offer-came-China-m-there.html

Alex Teixeira has insisted that Liverpool never made him a concrete offer to move to the Barclays Premier League after sealing his £40million transfer to the Chinese Super League.

Seeing as we hadn't agreed a fee with his club, we therefore wouldn't have had their permission to discuss personal terms with him, something we require. To have discussed terms and made a 'concrete offer' would have constituted an illegal approach. The transfer never reached the stage of legitimately discussing personal terms, so it would have been extremely hard to put a 'concrete offer' to him.

So I guess his complaint boils down to the fact that we didn't make an illegal approach to him.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 05:31:00 PM »
A top goalkeeper and a centre half has to be priority this Summer.

I know the Benteke/Sturridge issues suggest a forward should be added to that list, but I'd still like to see Ings and Origi given time with Klopp, as unlike with our defence, we don't yet know what we reallyhave with those two in addition to Firmino.

Lewandowski wasn't an instant hit and Vardy (this season at least) has shown that 'names' aren't always the best or ultimate solution.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 09:54:22 PM »
Despite Klopp stating there was nothing in it, the 'Sturridge to leave' bandwagon rolls on at an ever increasing pace. He supposedly wants to 'go back to London because of the criticism' - what they don't have the internet in London?
We're supposedly asking around £30M. Newcastle (despite being barely on the outskirts of London) are being heavily linked. £200M to Newcastle, the cheeky Andy Carroll selling rascals, them.

No doubt at the start of next week it'll be we're offering him a new 5 year deal for £200K a week, with 'non-appearance' bonuses in it.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 11:41:14 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3446034/Fit-Daniel-Sturridge-no-longer-casts-shadow-Jurgen-Klopp-doesn-t-want-sign-Champions-League-glory-hunters.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Liverpool face a pivotal month which will go along way to assessing their chances of getting into the Champions League next season, either through their Premier League position or the Europa League.

At the moment, neither looks likely but Klopp insists it won't change his recruitment plans in the summer because he doesn't want players at the club who are only attracted by playing in Europe's biggest competition.

'If a player only wants to come to us to play in the Champions League, short-term ideas are always silly. I don't like this. I don't like it when players say 'Ah, but you're not in the Champions League. We want to get you because we want to play in the Champions League.

'If you don't want to help us, and want to jump on a running train, then go somewhere else. That's it.

'You need the right mentality and quality. That's how it is. If there's a player who won't join Liverpool because we don't play in the Champions League or will only join because we're in the Champions League, that's not for us.'

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 09:51:26 AM »
Klopp insists it won't change his recruitment plans in the summer because he doesn't want players at the club who are only attracted by playing in Europe's biggest competition.

'If a player only wants to come to us to play in the Champions League, short-term ideas are always silly. I don't like this. I don't like it when players say 'Ah, but you're not in the Champions League. We want to get you because we want to play in the Champions League.

'If you don't want to help us, and want to jump on a running train, then go somewhere else. That's it.

'You need the right mentality and quality. That's how it is. If there's a player who won't join Liverpool because we don't play in the Champions League or will only join because we're in the Champions League, that's not for us.'

I just keep loving Klopp, more and more.

This guy has it spot on.

He has more brains in his big toe, than Rodgers has in his entire brain.

If Johnny Come Lately doesn't fancy coming to Liverpool, and isntead wants the big lights of Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester or London, then excellent - we dodged a bulle.t. 

I don't want airheads, egos, arrogance, and sh,teheads around the club.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 04:43:23 PM »
I just keep loving Klopp, more and more.

This guy has it spot on.

He has more brains in his big toe, than Rodgers has in his entire brain.

If Johnny Come Lately doesn't fancy coming to Liverpool, and isntead wants the big lights of Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester or London, then excellent - we dodged a bulle.t. 

I don't want airheads, egos, arrogance, and sh,teheads around the club.

The players he had at Dortmund all appeared to love being at the club. There were very few that once they'd become 'names', then agitated to leave. He bought quite a few players into the club, and apart from probably Mkhitaryan, none of them were 'names' to any degree at all.
It's interesting when you look at their squad, pretty much all those who have become household names, are still their. That says a lot about the club itself.

I think it's more befitting of who we are as a club, that we get back to making our own 'stars', rather than signing other people's. By altering the mindset of the club and the transfer policy, I think we'll also massively lessen the risk of what we've done too much of recently, and that's by 'flavours of the month', players who are having a good season (with no previous record of such) or who have had one good season.

Since our last title our best and most influential players have been those that weren't huge names - they were either unknowns like Hyypia, or those who were just starting to possibly suggest great things like Alonso or Suarez.

When you look at the likes of City, despite their collection of names throughout the squad, not just the first eleven, they have under performed for what you would think would be the 'collective level' when you looked at all those individuals.