November 25, 2017, 09:27:26 AM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window 2016  (Read 10659 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 10:44:47 PM »
yes, I was blown away by the 15 to 20 million for Mario Gotze too.

the guy is technically world class - is well used to Klopp's pressing system - can score goals - whether operating as an attacking midfielder, striker, or he can even play on the wing.

lallanha has been playing well this past month - I think he is being advised by Klopp to react quicker - quicker flicks, quicker passes, being aware quicker of colleagues positions, etc.  He has definitely improved with his performances - but still no goals of note.  I am unsure if he will let him go, or not.  Lalanha would be a good squad player - someone to bring on, or fill in for injuries. 

I imagine we will be letting the other midfielder Joe Allen move on this summer.

No matter what way you look at it - bringing Gotze in, will be a major upgrade to our existing midfield/attack.

Gotze's contract runs out next Summer and with Bayern not offering him a new one in their latest round of contract offers, I guess they're prepared to cash in.

My thinking with maybe Lallana moving on is whether he'd be prepaid to play a lesser role, and would Klopp have to do some juggling of the payroll in order to accomodate Gotze. The owners would probably prefer to see 'a Lallana sold for every Gotze bought' sort of thing.

In terms of the squad, if Klopp looks like favouring (though not exclusively) a 4-2-3-1, then Lallana only makes it 4 into 3, alongside Gotze, Firmino and Coutinho, so we'd hardly be overmanned, but the owners could see it differently. Additionally, Coutinho and Lallana always have a period of injury, so in terms of squad numbers it's sensible to keep Lallana. Wage bill numbers may say different though, as even with clearing out several peripheral players, I'd imagine our overall wage bill would still rise, unless the rumoured £50M PSG interest in Sturridge turns into something concrete, and even then, you'd think he'd have to be replaced, whether Benteke stays or not.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 11:05:46 PM »
Trimming the fat would make our payroll just fine, even with top class additions.

Getting rid of Balotelli and Benteke is almost £200k p/w right there. Moving on the likes of Skrtel, Moreno, Lucas, Allen, Enrique and maybe even Milner (but I think he'll stay) would keep our salary in check.

I'd rather have one player on £180k p/w than two on £90k p/w

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 11:47:40 PM »
Trimming the fat would make our payroll just fine, even with top class additions.

Getting rid of Balotelli and Benteke is almost £200k p/w right there. Moving on the likes of Skrtel, Moreno, Lucas, Allen, Enrique and maybe even Milner (but I think he'll stay) would keep our salary in check.

Some of the fat may be easier to trim and the leaner the fat the easier trimmed but smaller the saving.

It would depend who you were paying the respective salaries to, but I know what you're meaning, and I agree, but as we've seen in the past, getting rid of players that are on a salary which is not likely to be equalled at any of the standard of clubs they're likely to attract, is far easier to create the wish list than achieve it.

Out of the list for example, Skrtel could be more difficult than it would appear. Previous links have been with Italian clubs and they wouldn't equal what he's on here. Ditto Moreno, unless it's Barca or Real.
Lucas and Allen would go after first team football, so shouldn't be a chore. Enrique's thankfully out of contract, but Milner could prove hard to shift, despite his professionalism etc.

Benteke would require a moneybags club to match his salary and would anyone want to pay out both a transfer fee and salary commensurate with his Anfield one for Balotelli?

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 11:49:54 PM »
Watford explore summer moves for Liverpool pair Joe Allen and Jordon Ibe

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/29/liverpool-joe-allen-jordon-ibe-watford-summer-transfer

Swansea might have something to say about Allen, now Rodgers will be back there from the end of this season, and maybe Ibe on loan rather than a permanent sale at this point.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2016, 04:01:40 PM »

Skrtel, Allen and Enrique, definitely.....altho Allen has impressed me, these past 4 months, with his effort when called upon.  Klopp has used him well.

Moving on Balotelli and Benteke may prove hard - given the big wages they are on.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2016, 04:04:52 PM »
https://youtu.be/0_ICqnQVJdg

Mario Gotze.

as well as scoring the second German goal - just look at 2 minutes 20 seconds above, for Super Mario's awesome back-heel-drag type flick, that entirely opens up the Italian defence, and allows Hector to score the third goal.

World class.

And it's those type of quick flicks/reactions that I have been seeing Lallahana starting to do in recent weeks.  I think Klopp's training techniques are working their magic at Melwood.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 04:12:57 PM by the dude abides »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2016, 11:01:01 PM »
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/656901/Liverpool-Transfer-Mario-Balotelli-China-transfer-gossip-news

Please make it happen. It's our only chance of being rid of him, outside of paying up the remainder of his contract.

Some players will be harder to shift than it would appear on the surface.

Some know this is the biggest contract they're ever likely to have so will do everything to realise it's value.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2016, 11:47:27 PM »
Liverpool vs Everton transfer battle over Alexandre Lacazette looms with both clubs looking for a new striker

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-vs-everton-transfer-battle-7675543

The best we can hope for re Benteke is that we can sell him for what his replacement costs, especially if there's a grain of truth in Lacazette being available for £22M. Whilst it would seem like we'd lose £10.5M, our actual loss, at least in the accounts would be far less. I can't remember the length of contract Benteke signed, but if it was a 4 year one, then his value in the accounts will be around £24M, so Lacazette for £22M would only represent a £2M loss approximately, excluding fees and possibly VAT.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2016, 03:38:53 AM »
Liverpool vs Everton transfer battle over Alexandre Lacazette looms with both clubs looking for a new striker

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-vs-everton-transfer-battle-7675543

The best we can hope for re Benteke is that we can sell him for what his replacement costs, especially if there's a grain of truth in Lacazette being available for £22M. Whilst it would seem like we'd lose £10.5M, our actual loss, at least in the accounts would be far less. I can't remember the length of contract Benteke signed, but if it was a 4 year one, then his value in the accounts will be around £24M, so Lacazette for £22M would only represent a £2M loss approximately, excluding fees and possibly VAT.

Lanzarote - why does the club buy players who I cannot spell.  This seems to be a recurring theme.

it sounds like Klopp is gonna make a lot of changes this summer.

Yes, if we could get rid of Benteke, and even make a loss of a few millions, it would be great business.  To be honest, while the going is good, I would ship out Sturridge too.   I do not like his attitude.  He was at it again today when subbed.   And the lad seems to think he is world class and indispensable.  Nope, not for a second.    Far better players have come and gone.

We need a new central defence partnership - maybe two new men in there - maybe Lovren can be one, I dunno. 

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2016, 03:01:45 PM »
Liverpool striker deal: Club ready £37m bid for international ace, player wants move ATLETICO MADRID will reportedly get financial help to lodge a big-money bid for Liverpool striker Christian Benteke this summer.http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/658669/Atletico-Madrid-Liverpool-Qatari-money-Christian-Benteke-transfer

please let it be so!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2016, 01:04:56 AM »
Liverpool striker deal: Club ready £37m bid for international ace, player wants move ATLETICO MADRID will reportedly get financial help to lodge a big-money bid for Liverpool striker Christian Benteke this summer.http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/658669/Atletico-Madrid-Liverpool-Qatari-money-Christian-Benteke-transfer

please let it be so!

Wow. If they do that we'll throw in a free Balotelli by way of showing our gratitude. Anything over £30M would be a real coup, as we once again showed our ability to vastly overpay for a seemingly square peg.

Hopefully Klopp will educate our owners over the next few seasons and show them that paying huge sums for established PL players is not the way to go. Investing that money in a strong, keen eyed scouting network and setup at the club will reap far bigger dividends, and that there are both better quality and value outside of the PL, and that a PL player is not guaranteed to be any more successful if they're stepping up from playing for a club with lesser expectations than our's.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2016, 04:43:00 PM »
Hopefully Klopp will educate our owners over the next few seasons and show them that paying huge sums for established PL players is not the way to go. Investing that money in a strong, keen eyed scouting network and setup at the club will reap far bigger dividends, and that there are both better quality and value outside of the PL

absolutely.

And look at Man City - and what a poor return their owners have had, despite all their massive spending on players.

They key as you say, is a top notch scouting network.

But I must say, Klopp and his own people, seem to have effectively made the old Transfer Committee redundant.  The players we are now linked to, seem to be all initiated by Klopp and his inner circle. 

And on a similar vein.  I was reading over the weekend, that their Boston franchise is not doing so well either - and that FSG are admititng that entirely focussing on data crunching (moneyball) was not maybe the right way to go.  Maybe their arrogance has been lanced.  Maybe they will now allow industry-savy people, to build a proper team/squad.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2016, 04:48:27 PM »

Liverpool target Piotr Zielinski has confirmed that he has had transfer talks with Reds boss Jurgen Klopp.

Zielinski, who is currently on loan at Empoli from Udinese, is being strongly linked with a move to Anfield and his comments would suggest he could be joining the Merseyside outfit in the near future.

‘There is a lot of truth in rumours about Liverpool, Jurgen Klopp is interested in me, we had some talks,’ Zielinski told Polish outlet Sportowe Fakty.

‘I’m not thinking too much about it right now though, I’ve still got few games to play for Empoli and after that there is still Euro 2016 in France.’

Klopp is filling our future central midfield out with top notch emerging talent from Eastern Europe.

As a German, I imagine he knows that market very well.  I wonder how many Eastern Europeans he had at Dortmund.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2016, 10:49:07 AM »
Now it really is 'silly season':

Man United want to sell star winger: Liverpool could snap him up on cheap

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/510371/Memphis-Man-United-transfer-news

"He has been criticised for his lacklustre displays on the pitch and his flashy lifestyle off it.".

Sounds exactly like the sort of player Klopp would fight tooth and nail for to bring into the squad. Not. Definitely not.