December 10, 2018, 03:04:11 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window 2016  (Read 20076 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2016, 11:08:30 PM »
Now we've signed Klarius, can we please get him a proper goalkeeping coach to work with.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2016, 06:56:29 PM »
No news...........hopefully going about our business quietly.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2016, 03:14:08 PM »
No news...........hopefully going about our business quietly.

Exactly. Conducting our business under the radar of the media.

It's amazing how many players we've been 'snubbed' or 'rejected' by already. The media create the 'link', then we're discussing terms with either the player or club, or Klopp's rung the player personally (his phone bill must be huge already) and then we get 'snubbed' when they sign for someone.  ;D

It used to be Spurs that were linked with every player we were, now it's Dortmund, and they've already 'beaten' us to two signings.  ;D

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2016, 12:34:44 PM »
with the collapse of the pound overnight, european teams can now afford to take Balotelli off our hands.

always a silver lining.

:)
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2016, 01:40:52 PM »
so we raid Southampton again - 5 players in 3 years.

tho he can be inconsistent, on his day, this lad Mane can be unplayable.

tho we did hear the same re the big lad we bought last year from Villa.   And sure enough he was unplayable - i.e. not good enough toplay for us.

a lot of money - but he has potential to be top class.  Possibly the best player we have taken from the saints.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2016, 10:39:41 PM »
amazing that City paid us 50 million quid for Sterling.

they got shafted.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2016, 11:20:55 AM »
amazing that City paid us 50 million quid for Sterling.

they got shafted.

I don't think there's any transfer fee that is surprising any more. £32.5M for Benteke felt like a huge fee last Summer, but we've nearly equaled that now with Mane. Transfer fee inflation has surged once again this Summer.

Apparently Rodgers turned down Mane when he was put forward by the TC, and at an asking price of £12M, and ending up with Balotelli.

If Klopp can channel his (Mane's) undoubted talent into consistent performances, in a couple of seasons time it may look like a bargain.
He adds pace to our attack, something we lack, and his goals/chances/assists record is far better than Lallana's, and like Lallana, he's an 'attacker' rather than a striker.
It gives us a dimension of counter attacking at real speed, which we haven't really had, and he should create space and a 'man over' situation as he'll get doubled up against. It's then up to our players to take advantage of that.

Satisfied with the signing, and I'm almost beyond the point of considering the fees anymore as they're all ridiculously overpriced.

Looking at Klopp's transfer philosophy, albeit with just a few examples to go on, he looks as though he's buying potential and under the radar talent, and looking to 'develop' a team, rather than assemble a collection of finished articles and then try to fashion a team out of that. However, if he identifies a specific player or a role that needs filling but can't be done with a 'currently lesser name', then he will spend a much larger sum to do so.

I think Canos has been badly advised, and stupid in his own thinking, holding out for £10K a week. The opportunities of first team football and potential development as a footballer is far more important and valuable than any number on a wage slip. The fact that he's been offered a new contract shows that Klopp rates him, and considering Klopp's comments about young players and their wage expectations, make his attitude doubly puzzling. Allegedly, we're putting a buy back clause in any sale deal. Again, another indication that Klopp rates him. He'd be far better advised to sign the deal offered and show he's worth more, and the club have shown themselves willing to increase salaries when a player shows improvement and increased value to the squad and team.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2016, 04:34:26 PM »
I don't think there's any transfer fee that is surprising any more.

If Klopp can channel his (Mane's) undoubted talent into consistent performances, in a couple of seasons time it may look like a bargain.

He adds pace to our attack, something we lack, and his goals/chances/assists record is far better than Lallana's, and like Lallana, he's an 'attacker' rather than a striker.
It gives us a dimension of counter attacking at real speed, which we haven't really had, and he should create space and a 'man over' situation as he'll get doubled up against. It's then up to our players to take advantage of that.

Satisfied with the signing, and I'm almost beyond the point of considering the fees anymore as they're all ridiculously overpriced.

Looking at Klopp's transfer philosophy, albeit with just a few examples to go on, he looks as though he's buying potential and under the radar talent, and looking to 'develop' a team, rather than assemble a collection of finished articles and then try to fashion a team out of that. However, if he identifies a specific player or a role that needs filling but can't be done with a 'currently lesser name', then he will spend a much larger sum to do so.

I think Canos has been badly advised, and stupid in his own thinking, holding out for £10K a week. The opportunities of first team football and potential development as a footballer is far more important and valuable than any number on a wage slip. The fact that he's been offered a new contract shows that Klopp rates him, and considering Klopp's comments about young players and their wage expectations, make his attitude doubly puzzling. Allegedly, we're putting a buy back clause in any sale deal. Again, another indication that Klopp rates him. He'd be far better advised to sign the deal offered and show he's worth more, and the club have shown themselves willing to increase salaries when a player shows improvement and increased value to the squad and team.

like you, Tes, I think if Klopp can tweak and hine Mane's skills - we may have something special on our hands.

He is inconsistemt - and apparently his timekeeping and temperament can let him down.

But he has skill, great pace and is the type of offensive player that Klopp likes.

Fee - it's amazing what clubs are offering these days......teams like West ham and Palace are offering fortunes this summer for players, and getting turned down.

Re Canos - agreed.  I think he is being badly advised.  Or maybe deep down, he wants big money now - because he knows he is not good enough to develop and break into our first team. 

Far too much money in the game.....and far to many kids are wading in mountains of cash, long before they have developed to their level.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2016, 11:09:08 PM »
From: http://live4liverpool.com/2016/07/lfc-news/juve-challenge-liverpool-for-italian-star/

Juventus and Liverpool will fight it out over Lazio goalkeeper Federico Marchetti, according to Gazzetta World, the English version of the Italian newspaper La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

The Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is said to be an admirer of the Italian international and has been tracking the 33 year old in recent months.

If, and I think it's a huge 'if', this were to happen, and I imagine Ward's going out on loan, and Bogdán donated as a tombola prize to some deserving charity, do we have a likely buyer for Mignolet, or are we having 3 keepers in the squad, all at differing stages of their careers?

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2016, 11:13:27 PM »
liverpool to hijack everton marquee signing?

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-transfers/5679-liverpool-fc-set-to-hijack-deal-for-everton-marquee-signing/

I saw this in a few places the other day, but not the link to Everton. He can be a bit of a hothead, but is definitely a step or three up compared to anyone we have in the squad that could be played in his position.

It feels like Allen and Lucas may leave, and it would be interesting to know Klopp's opinion on Hendo, his captaincy apart.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2016, 11:19:34 PM »
Palace have had a £25M bid rejected for Benteke, despite him agreeing personal terms. They recently bid £32M for Michy Batshuayi of Marseille, only to be gazumped by Chelsea.

If they stretch to giving us our money back or even £30M, then I think he's gone.

I think he'd do well at Palace, and wish him all the best if he goes there.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2016, 05:52:14 PM »
From: http://live4liverpool.com/2016/07/lfc-news/juve-challenge-liverpool-for-italian-star/

Juventus and Liverpool will fight it out over Lazio goalkeeper Federico Marchetti, according to Gazzetta World, the English version of the Italian newspaper La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

The Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is said to be an admirer of the Italian international and has been tracking the 33 year old in recent months.
    If, and I think it's a huge 'if', this were to happen, and I imagine Ward's going out on loan, and Bogdán donated as a tombola prize to some deserving charity, do we have a likely buyer for Mignolet, or are we having 3 keepers in the squad, all at differing stages of their careers?

Bogdan  :D

it's complex and way beyond my brain-power. 

Is the new buy, Karius, good enough to slot straight in as our number one.....otherwise, we would be mad to let Mignolet go.   

It's gonna be a massive responsibility on the new keeper, if he is our only main number one.

But will Mignolet want to hang around, if Karius starts in goal in our opening games.

I am totally confused.....even before bringing in the Lazio keeper into the equation.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2016, 06:19:06 PM »
Palace have had a £25M bid rejected for Benteke, despite him agreeing personal terms. They recently bid £32M for Michy Batshuayi of Marseille, only to be gazumped by Chelsea.

If they stretch to giving us our money back or even £30M, then I think he's gone.

I think he'd do well at Palace, and wish him all the best if he goes there.

yes, I think if we get near 30M he will be gone.

transfer fee inflation is now through the roof, with the new TV deal.......so, where normally we would have struggled to get anything near what we paid for Benteke....now, we can get a fair chunk back.

it's good that he and palace had agreed personal terms......his wages (like all our signings, when we try to move them on) were a worry.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2016, 06:23:12 PM »
I saw this in a few places the other day, but not the link to Everton. He can be a bit of a hothead, but is definitely a step or three up compared to anyone we have in the squad that could be played in his position.

It feels like Allen and Lucas may leave, and it would be interesting to know Klopp's opinion on Hendo, his captaincy apart.

i know very little about the player linked.

Allen has came on real well, this past year at Anfield.  And he has had a great euros with Wales.

Lucas is a great lad.....a diamond....always dependable.

I'd be sad to seethem go - but with our new additions, somebody will move on.

Unsure what Klopp makes of Hendo.  I like the lad.  But Klopp will want more threat, and speed, from midfield. 

Maybe that will come from other new additions.