October 22, 2018, 05:14:25 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window 2016  (Read 19164 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2016, 07:50:54 PM »
Hello Hey ho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's happening dudes!?

My thoughts so far:-

1) Karius - very good piece of business and hopefully replacing Mignolet straight away. We need calmness in GK something that Mignolet does not have.

2) Mane - Very glad to have him on board. Yes transfer fee is questionable but this summer every transfer fee is going to be questionable! It is the times we live in now. But what attracts me to Mane is his pace and strength. Qualities which are much needed in our attack and like you both I feel Jurgen can iron out his weaknesses and improve his consistency.

3) Zielinski - I pray Napoli sign him - not even good enough to get into a mediocre Poland team and can't make the Udinese team. He is nowhere near the upgrade we need in midfield.

4) This point relates to point number 3. I bloody hope we keep Joe Allen. Allen when he returns to Melwood should go straight to Jurgen and demand to be in the team. Over the past couple of months and at the euros he has been immense. Selling him would be bad. Selling him to buy Zielinski would be ridiculous.

We do need a big upgrade in central midfield but if we cannot attract one this summer (i.e. Dahoud) then we can wait until next summer. With no European football we can have Allen, Henderson, Can and Milner in midfield.

I'm very worried we do not look like replacing the shambolic Moreno.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2016, 06:50:50 PM »
£15m for Ibe - Take it and run!!!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2016, 06:55:03 PM »
£15m for Ibe - Take it and run!!!

Confirms the point you made in 2).

The idea of Bournemouth lashing out £15M on a single player, just goes to highlight the height the madness has now reached.

I wonder if we can trick Guardiola into thinking they signed the wrong winger last Summer and separate them from another £49M, as he's asking questions about Sterling.  ;D
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2016, 06:58:23 PM »
3) Zielinski - I pray Napoli sign him - not even good enough to get into a mediocre Poland team and can't make the Udinese team. He is nowhere near the upgrade we need in midfield.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see the point of this transfer and can't see what the fuss is all about.

Like you, I'd rather we saved ourselves a fortune, didn't buy and replace for the sake of it, and kept 'Grizzly' Allen.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2016, 07:01:51 PM »

At best, the players we've been linked with seem more like cover, and possible competition. As you say, it's a replacement we need and Moreno's not suited to the left back position, so relegating him to a squad player left back makes no sense either.

Sell! Sell! Sell!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2016, 04:43:08 PM »
Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel heads to Istanbul to complete £5.5million Fenerbahce move

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-defender-martin-skrtel-heads-8398498

Thanks, and all the best.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2016, 04:23:59 PM »
Hello Hey ho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's happening dudes!?

My thoughts so far:-

1) Karius - very good piece of business and hopefully replacing Mignolet straight away. We need calmness in GK something that Mignolet does not have.

2) Mane - Very glad to have him on board. Yes transfer fee is questionable but this summer every transfer fee is going to be questionable! It is the times we live in now. But what attracts me to Mane is his pace and strength. Qualities which are much needed in our attack and like you both I feel Jurgen can iron out his weaknesses and improve his consistency.

4) This point relates to point number 3. I bloody hope we keep Joe Allen. Allen when he returns to Melwood should go straight to Jurgen and demand to be in the team. Over the past couple of months and at the euros he has been immense. Selling him would be bad. Selling him to buy Zielinski would be ridiculous.

We do need a big upgrade in central midfield but if we cannot attract one this summer (i.e. Dahoud) then we can wait until next summer. With no European football we can have Allen, Henderson, Can and Milner in midfield.

Hi Edward!!

presently on vacation in UK.....I left the sun behind in the tropics, for grey skies and drizzly UK summer.

Spent first week in Edinburgh - and last two weeks been staying in friend's house near Belfast.  Looking for a flat to buy in city centre.

pretty much agree with all you say.  I don't know why the links to the Polish midfielder keep persisting - he looks very average at best.

joe allen - good at what he does.....sadly not enough threat or end product IMHO (admittedly he did score 2 or 3 really important late goals last seasons).   If we can afford to, and if he agrees to it, I think he is a fine player to bring on during a game.  Whether the lad would accept a bit part contribution, I do not know.

yes, scary that we are no closer to replacing our left back.  PRIORITY!!
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2016, 04:26:04 PM »
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/688527/Liverpool-news-Crystal-Palace-Christian-Benteke-agent-reveals-deal-not-happening-transfers

ruddy ell - will we never get rid of Benteke and Balatelli.

*hitting head against the wall, a million times*

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2016, 12:39:15 AM »
presently on vacation in UK.....I left the sun behind in the tropics, for grey skies and drizzly UK summer.

Dude, do you remember UK Summers - every third Wednesday, between the third week in June and the 4th week of August.  ;D

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2016, 01:01:28 AM »
Dude, do you remember UK Summers - every third Wednesday, between the third week in June and the 4th week of August.  ;D

::)

exactly, Tes.

been back since June 17th.  I quickly remembered why I had left here, in 2008. 

Goodness, the grey skies just seem to hang forever over the nation.  Must be the competing weather systems.

in Panama, you get clouds moving the whole time - and even if it rains, it is heavy and gone in an hour - and sun comes out again.  And never cold.

In Belfast right now.  Heading to Liverpool and Manchester around 22nd July or so, for a week or two.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2016, 02:22:41 PM »
Lucas looking like he may spend final year of his contract out on loan.

I hope we can get a left back - if Hector was right price, could be a good buy.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2016, 10:38:38 PM »
Can't say how disheartening this transfer window
We need an upgrade in midfield and spend our time chasing an average polish midfielder who hasn't done anything........finally he seems going elsewhere and now this Wijnaldum story breaks. Wijnaldum is bloody useless and we will finish 7th/8th yet again and wonder what the problem is.

Well the problem is we need a damned upgrade in central midfield and we have the money and Klopp so what is happening? Chelsea show ambition and get Kante who will transform their midfield and make them title contenders in just that one signing alone.

If it takes £40m to sign Dahoud who is clearly a level above our midfielders, will be an upgrade and a future ELITE player SPEND THE DAMNED MONEY!!!!!!!! Make it impossible for Gladbach to turn down.

But no instead we'll spend £20m on a shed player in Wijnaldum, have the same problem of an unproductive midfield and still have the same problem again next year.

Disappointed. What a lack of ambition we are showing this summer.

My prediction is we will finish 8th or 9th. Man C, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs have infinitely better teams than us. West Ham, Everton, Stoke are our competitiors next season.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2016, 07:11:55 AM »
Tottenham agree deal to sign Georges-Kévin Nkoudou from Marseille for £11m

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2016, 07:21:37 AM »
I feel your pain, Edward  *said in my slow US accent impersonation*

But we have got the Sane lad from Southampton - potentially a very good signing.

For some reason, we are stalling in the market.  We appear to have the money.

We must be keeping our pepper dry for some reason.  Klop must have a few irons in the fire (most notably, a top left-back).

I think that all will become clearer in the next couple of weeks. 

And then our Leicester-like pursuit of the title can begin in earnest.   

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2016, 11:36:11 AM »

Klopp takes a selfie for a young Wigan fan before last night's friendly at Wigan.

What a boss we have.  Awesome human being.

How many other premiership bosses would dothe above.