October 22, 2018, 05:25:59 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window 2016  (Read 19171 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2016, 10:27:54 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2016, 10:28:45 PM »
I'm filled with great optimism for the season ahead.

We have one of the world's finest young managers (plus a great new Anfield).  And we have transformed a squad, with 7 new additions.  We just need a left back....and time to gel and get a balance.

8)

Whilst not having European football is hardly ideal, maybe it will work to our advantage if Klopp has more time on the training ground with all the new faces. In what is his first full season, having made a number of changes, it may just give us the solid foundation to build on over the next few seasons, if the extra time on the training ground sees the team Klopp wants emerge quicker.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2016, 10:35:41 PM »
I agree, Tes.

he has made a lot of changes - which I predicted (mainly down to his history).

7 so far - maybe one more addition to come.

the key will be getting the new unit to gel and to get a balance.

what is quite clear - is he is bringing in faster, stronger, more threatening midfielders.....who know where the net is.

he is focussing on fast counter attacks.

meaningless posession, for the sake of it, is not for him.......which is not unlike what Leicester did last season.

welcome to heavy metal football.  :)

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2016, 09:29:05 PM »
With Arbeloa on a free, wouldn't it be worth picking him up to cover both full back spots, especially if Flanno is sent out on loan to prove his fitness.

He'd also be able to work with Moreno and help teach him the basics of defending, language would be no problem and considering Alvaro's career, he'd command instant respect.

We've never had a full back of his quality since he left.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2016, 09:31:36 PM »
Inter have allegedly joined the chase for Lucas. As it's sadly obvious that Klopp is prepared to let him leave, maybe we'd receive more than the twopence ha'penny that Galatasaray appear to be offering.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2016, 09:45:30 PM »
All the best to Joe Allen (apart from when Stoke play us, of course). Despite only having 1 year left on his contract, considering the fees being bandied about this Summer, £13M feels like, yet again, we failed to get maximum comparable value with one of our sales.
If the transfer had been the other way around, Stoke would have been asking £20M+ from us, having inflated his price on the back of his performances at the Euros, plus the PL experience premium and another premium for counting as 'homegrown'.

Hopefully, whoever replaces Ayre will understand the idea is to receive as much as possible, whilst paying out as little as possible when conducting transfers.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2016, 10:13:24 AM »

Mane says he rejected United and a host of other clubs, when he heard Liverpiol were keen on him.

And Countinho says Mane is super-fast and hard to play against.

Sakho sent home from the US tour.

We apparently had a 40 million euro bid rejected for yet another midfielder, Joao Mario of Sporting Lisbon.

And we seem to be keen on Real Madrid forward Jese Rodriguez.

Our owners, despite the costs of expanding Anfield, are sure handing Klopp all the funds he wants to bring in top talent.

We seem to be creating an entire new midfield, and a backup set of players.  All fast, with much energy, who like to attack and score goals.  And we are shipping out slower and ineffectual ones.

The future seems clear - attack, attack, attack.  And when our lads in the middle get tired, we bring on more fast and furious comrades to continue the running.    Heavy metal football. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:16:28 AM by the dude abides »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2016, 04:14:18 PM »
We still need to tighten up the defence any attack can be built on, but conversely, instead of finding his position hugely under threat or (preferably) being shipped out, Moreno finds his position in the first 11 strengthened by Brad Smith's move to Bournemouth.

We're now being linked with Lyon's 19 year old Jordy Gaspar, who can play both full back positions.

Why do we constantly appear to overlook the back four, seemingly spending much more attention on midfield and attacking positions, whilst scratching around for 'make dos' for our full back positions?

I didn't see it, but apparently Moreno was his usual wayward self against Chelsea in the US this morning.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2016, 11:18:45 AM »
We still need to tighten up the defence any attack can be built on, but conversely, instead of finding his position hugely under threat or (preferably) being shipped out, Moreno finds his position in the first 11 strengthened by Brad Smith's move to Bournemouth.

We're now being linked with Lyon's 19 year old Jordy Gaspar, who can play both full back positions.

Why do we constantly appear to overlook the back four, seemingly spending much more attention on midfield and attacking positions, whilst scratching around for 'make dos' for our full back positions?

I didn't see it, but apparently Moreno was his usual wayward self against Chelsea in the US this morning.

Moreno's performance was the same as when it ended last season Tes.  Shocking! 
There a utterances of Klopp looking to use Milner at left back.  Whilst I'm sure Milner will do a job where ever he is deployed, it's not a situation you want to be going into the new season.  Left back has been an issue for us for quite sometime, and if we do not address it this summer I will be concerned.

I'll be at Wembley on the 6th of August to watch us play against Barca.  I will be interested to see who Klopp plays at left back.  May give us an indication as to who will start in that position when the season begins.

It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2016, 01:15:38 PM »
Moreno's performance was the same as when it ended last season Tes.  Shocking! 
There a utterances of Klopp looking to use Milner at left back.  Whilst I'm sure Milner will do a job where ever he is deployed, it's not a situation you want to be going into the new season.  Left back has been an issue for us for quite sometime, and if we do not address it this summer I will be concerned.

I'll be at Wembley on the 6th of August to watch us play against Barca.  I will be interested to see who Klopp plays at left back.  May give us an indication as to who will start in that position when the season begins.

Having seen the talk of using Milner as a stand in left back, it makes it hard to understand letting Smith go. I know it was a good fee, but a good fee is an even worse defender than Moreno.

Was he sold over Klopp's head? If not, why wasn't there a replacement lined up, considering our so-called first choice is shocking, and it seems like the only other possibility, Flanno, is going out on loan.

When we've spent £50M+ on two attackers, to then have to use a right footed midfielder as our left back, yet again has you scratching your head over our transfer policy and planning.

If Chilwall was our 'priority' left back target then we should have made sure we got him.

Milner is wasted as a left back, especially when you consider he contributed more in the attacking sense than Lallana did last season.

Guilherme Siqueira of Atletico Madrid, would be a good option. He may be 30, but it would give us 2 seasons to develop a more long term solution, and bring some experience to the defence and team.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2016, 03:59:57 PM »
According to http://www.turkish-football.com/liverpool-striker-mario-balotelli-wants-to-be-rescued-by-club-says-besiktas-boss-deal-expected/ Balotelli's move to Besiktas is on once more. An alleged move to Turkey has been on and off more than a wh@re's knickers.

If Balotelli chooses to sit tight, train with the youth teams and collect his salary, then he may as well retire at the end of this season, as no team will touch him next Summer.

If he wants the big bucks he needs to get himself a move somewhere, taking a financial hit for a season, get his head out from wherever it has been for the last two seasons and earn himself a transfer to a bigger paying team for 2017/18.

He has the same agent (Mino Raola) as Ibrahimovic, and Ibrahimovic admits it was his agent that kicked his @ss and made him perform the way he has over the last two seasons and improve his whole attitude to everything.

He (Raola) needs to shrink Balotelli, and fast.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2016, 04:06:26 PM »
Galatasaray reach agreement with Liverpool over Lucas Leiva transfer

http://www.turkish-football.com/galatasaray-reach-agreement-with-liverpool-over-lucas-leiva-transfer/

A huge thanks for everything goes to Lucas. He's put up with so much sh!t from the crowd, managers messing him around and working hard to recover from several major injuries.

He's been a truly great, ultra professional servant to the club. One of the few really good guys left in the game.

All the best, and hopefully he gets a title medal with Gala this season.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2016, 04:15:34 PM »
Liverpool to meet £22.5m asking price for Germany international in next 24 hours - report

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/533997/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Jonas-Hector-Cologne-Jurgen-Klopp-Gossip

Anyone else think Hector resembles Xabi Alonso?

This gives Moreno a season to improve defensively and save his Liverpool career (if, of course, it goes through).

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2016, 08:35:32 PM »
Lucas was a great lad.....top top bloke.

Allen too - very impressed, especially in his final season with us.

Now if only we could shift that monster, Ballytelly on.

Hector would be a great signing imho.  I might even have ambitions of the title, in the next
couple of years, with people like that on board the red train.  Yes, he is a bit like Alonso.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2016, 12:03:12 AM »
Flanno definitely off out on loan to Burnley:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-defender-jon-flanagan-agrees-8529899

Whilst it leaves us threadbare in the fullback positions, if he plays the full season for Burnley and re-builds his fitness and conditioning, then it's a worthwhile investment ready for next season and beyond.

The seriousness of his injuries and length of time out will need a full season to get back to where he needs to be.

Here's hoping all goes really, really well for him this season.