September 26, 2017, 07:05:40 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window 2017  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 06:27:53 PM »
Laughing at the news we're competing with Man Utd to sign Jose Gimenez.........like we have the ambition to get that type of proven top class player.

We'll offer him around 2/3rds of what man utd will offer and wonder what went wrong.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 03:00:35 AM »
what do you expect.

United's annual turnover is around 500 million.....Liverpool's is around 300 million.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 10:00:39 PM »
Why is is Klopp doesn't want Sakho, yet we're apparently asking £30M for him.

I don't understand what it is the Sakho's done that's so terrible.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 10:48:48 PM »
Required this Summer:

Pace to combine with / provide cover for Mane
A defence
A prolific striker who will 'somehow' find a way against organised, 'bus parking' defences.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 04:45:06 PM »
Oddest transfer rumour so far: Bookmaker suspends betting on Iker Casillas to Liverpool

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/05/bookmakers-suspend-betting-iker-casillas-liverpool/

Shirley he's not going to be first choice. He's too expensive in the wages department to be sat on the bench as second choice, and if that were to be the case, then where does that leave Karius, and even Danny Ward?

He's not known to dominate his area exactly, and that is a basic requirement to deal with the amount thrown into the box during the average PL game.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 05:24:31 PM »
Oddest transfer rumour so far: Bookmaker suspends betting on Iker Casillas to Liverpool

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/05/bookmakers-suspend-betting-iker-casillas-liverpool/

Shirley he's not going to be first choice. He's too expensive in the wages department to be sat on the bench as second choice, and if that were to be the case, then where does that leave Karius, and even Danny Ward?

He's not known to dominate his area exactly, and that is a basic requirement to deal with the amount thrown into the box during the average PL game.

Laid to rest, thankfully:

Liverpool FC deny reports linking them with Spanish goalkeeper

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-deny-reports-linking-13091958

So no Andy Carroll transfer flashbacks.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 09:48:14 PM »
An excellent, common sense article:

Why this summer shouldn't be about Liverpool FC signing Mbappe, Aubameyang or Lacazette

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/summer-shouldnt-liverpool-fc-signing-13105731

I'd rather Klopp did what he did at Dortmund and found players and developed them. Construct a team, not cobble together a bunch of superstars and big names.

Develop players to suit our need, and as they grow and develop as players, the team grows and develops at the same time.

All these Monaco players and Naby Keita have done it for one season and now have obscene price tags attached. Surely players that have shown promise, and at a quarter of the price is the way to go. Then when they make the next step the aforementioned have made, they make it with us. Their second season would also be with us, so no adapting to change to cast a question mark about being a 'one season wonder'. They have no big price tag to crumble under the weight of either, neither in season 1 or 2.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2017, 07:37:08 PM »
So having dallied over signing Sead Kolašinac on a free from Schalke and lost him to Arsenal, we're now being linked with fighting off Chelsea and City, for Monaco's £39M one season wonder Benjamin Mendy. Yeah right.

Where was all the monied ones last Summer when Mendy moved to Monaco from Marseille for far less than a third of what he's supposedly now 'worth'.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 07:36:55 PM »
We've pulled out of the race for Ryan Sessegnon, as apparently he doesn't want to leave London.

What is it with Southern footballers. We live in a small country and they earn a fortune. He probably doesn't drive as he only turned 17 on May 18, but it's not like he's got to save for months to afford a train ticket.
The club would no doubt buy his parents a house and sort out decent jobs for them etc, etc.

At least we won't be tempted to see him as 'the solution' for left back. Whilst I wouldn't say no to signing him, the cost for a reserve left back is too high. It would be wrong to think he could be brought in and thrown in to make an impact this season.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 10:21:10 PM »
Is it about time we demolished, yes, definitely demolished our recruitment and scouting model?

When Rodgers arrived I thought the one good thing would be that we would start to bring in (relative) unknowns and make them into the sort of players we'd been over paying for, a season or two after another club had picked them up for relative peanuts.

But no.

Already his record at Celtic now he's moved on is none too shabby.

Then along comes Herr Klopp, with that track record.

But, so far, again, no.

So why? What is it the two have in common, whilst with us. That wretched scouting network, or at least those at the top of it. I'd rather we signed those in the main positions at Southampton, than keep providing them with their transfer budget every Summer. Or maybe raid Ajax. Or Atletico Madrid for whoever finds them their strikers.
Now both Klopp and Thomas Tuchel have left Dortmund, should we raid them for Michael Zorc and a few of their scouts?

Whatever it is, something needs to change and change soon, otherwise we'll never really make sustainable progress and gradually claw our way closer to those who can blow us out of the water financially.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 08:00:53 PM »
So, Liverpool FC appear to have won race to sign Virgil van Dijk - http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-appear-won-race-13142024, Liverpool Transfer Exclusive: Alexandre Lacazette agents to meet Reds officials next week - http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/812663/Liverpool-transfer-news-Alexandre-Lacazette-Premier-League-Manchester-United-Arsenal and Liverpool have agreed personal terms with Mohamed Salah but are yet to agree a fee with Roma - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10904735/liverpool-have-agreed-personal-terms-with-mohamed-salah-but-are-yet-to-agree-a-fee-with-roma.

So does this mean we need to find a left back down the back of the sofa?  ;D

Though it does go to show how even more (than ever) crazy transfer fees have become already this Summer. Roma sign Salah for £13M last Summer and £28M isn't enough to buy him less than 12 months later.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 08:05:19 PM by Tes »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 08:08:23 PM »
Our newest signing looking good for England U-20s: https://www.sportskeeda.com/video/liverpool-new-boy-solanke-sends-england-through

Great movement and finish.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 08:16:32 PM »
Although the fees are truly eyewatering, it looks as though we (and possibly Klopp) have changed modus operandus, and gone for top quality, rather than potential, this Summer.

I'm trying to shut out the £ side of it, and just think about the players, their attributes and personalities, and how they will fit in.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 02:54:22 AM »
hopefully the news re Van Dijk is true.

What a great signing he would be.....world class potential, and only 25.

Salah is only 5 feet 9 inches....I worry about Klopp bringing in small players for premiership football.

But he seems to be a quality finisher and creator. 

And imagine the pace.....Mane on the left wing, Salah on the right wing.

Now, if we only had Jamie Vardy leading the line, then heck, opponents would need oxygen tanks to keep up with us. 
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 07:14:53 PM »
We can cross Virgil (Thunderbirds are go) off the list:

Liverpool drop interest in Virgil van Dijk after Southampton complaint

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/07/liverpool-virgil-van-dijk-southampton-drop-interest

So did we do something wrong, or have the powers that be decided that he'll be too expensive with Southampton rumoured to want £75M for him.

I see we're being our usual clinical selves wrapping up transfers swiftly and with consumate ease.

AC Milan could show us a thing or two this Summer.

Could this open the door for Sakho to be forgiven, or does he even want to be?