January 22, 2018, 06:16:34 PM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window 2018  (Read 698 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: January Transfer Window 2018
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2018, 05:26:07 PM »
Reports in Portugal today suggest Liverpool are looking closely at Sporting Lisbon's 22-year-old winger, Gelson Martins. He has a release clause of €60million, but we are looking to pay just half of that amount.....and are willing to offer his a wage fives times what he earns now.

Apparently Martins was a Liverpool transfer target in the summer and at one stage looked to be an alternative to Salah when negotiations with Roma hit a roadblock.

It now appears as though the Portuguese winger wasn’t an alternative to the Egyptian forward but was actually targeted to supplement his arrival.

He has electric pace and a big shot.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:30:02 PM by the dude abides »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2018, 09:22:38 PM »
I watched as much of him as I could in the Euros, as it was just before then we were first linked. He blow hot and cold.
I haven't seen much of him since and his goals/assists haven't moved on hugely. Then again, stats are no recommenders of real talent, or what a player could be capable of in the right environment.

One thing that's becoming so clear is that Klopp only buys a piece of the jigsaw. He doesn't want any one piece to be the bulk of the picture, but 'a part'. The collective will always produce more than any one individual ever could.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2018, 09:51:04 PM »
One thing that's becoming so clear is that Klopp only buys a piece of the jigsaw. He doesn't want any one piece to be the bulk of the picture, but 'a part'. The collective will always produce more than any one individual ever could.

yes, unlike Rodgers who brought in the second or third best player, for a specific position.......Klopp clearly will bide his time and wait til the player he wants is available.

I guess the difference is, Klopp's pulling power. 

Rodgers could have waited til the cow's came home, and still wouldn't have attracted top players to Liverpool.

When you bring in temporary make-do's, you then have the problem of moving them on, if/when your main target/upgrade becomes available.

Klopp is a patient man.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.