February 25, 2018, 11:52:11 AM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window 2018  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: January Transfer Window 2018
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 09:52:44 PM »
We won't sign anyone in January and Ings and Sturridge will both leave. One on loan and one permanently.

We may sign an under 18 player...........but no first team players. Also City will sign Van Dijk.

That's cheered me up no end. Thanks.  ;D

So at who's door are laying what you say? Klopp's or FSG's?
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2017, 04:58:59 PM »
That's cheered me up no end. Thanks.  ;D

So at who's door are laying what you say? Klopp's or FSG's?

Just to add that is only my opinion!!

It's at FSG's door totally if they don't get the players Jurgen wants

In the summer he wanted Van Dijk, Keita and Salah. He's got two of those, well one for this season. But the players he is targeting for me are the right players.

I don't know why we signed Robertson if Jurgen will never use him and same goes for other signings we hardly use.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 05:09:34 PM »
I don't know why we signed Robertson if Jurgen will never use him and same goes for other signings we hardly use.

This one seems the most odd. Was Robertson foisted on him by Edwards? Klopp doesn't seem convinced by him. He's barely what you'd even call a squad player.

The whole thing reeks of 'amateur hour' once again.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 11:13:18 PM »
Yet again we're being linked with Aubameyang, however with Peter Bosz being sacked as manager, Aubameyang's desire to leave may change again, but it seems the theme of this window's rampant speculation seems to be Coutinho and Sturridge out, Aubameyang in.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 10:14:21 PM »
We don't really need Aubameyang in truth. We need someone who can replace Firmino as the false 9 with a back up number 9 when we need a focal point. Which I think is why Sturridge - if he is happy - would still be ok with me. But if he wants to go then I would prefer to spend the cash on another false 9 as even though I would prefer to spend heavy on a top class striker, it wouldn't fit Klopp's system.

Plus Klopp and Aubameyang did not get on.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 11:40:41 AM »
We don't really need Aubameyang in truth. We need someone who can replace Firmino as the false 9 with a back up number 9 when we need a focal point. Which I think is why Sturridge - if he is happy - would still be ok with me. But if he wants to go then I would prefer to spend the cash on another false 9 as even though I would prefer to spend heavy on a top class striker, it wouldn't fit Klopp's system.

Plus Klopp and Aubameyang did not get on.

This is why I don't get why we get linked with the likes of Aubameyang, or why pundits say we need a top class 'centre forward'. Why buy a square peg when our hole is round? Having an 'option' is a different matter, and surely not something you spend in excess of £50M on.

Would the system work any better with a typical no9? Doubtful, unless it was altered radically to allow a no9 to be incorporated into it.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 11:49:08 AM »
The whole Coutinho thing has erupted again. Apparently we've agreed €150M with the Catalans. Of course a they expect us to receive a big chunk of it in add-ons and the cheeky gits want to pay the 'assured' part in installments.

The news must be on a slow day in Catalonia again.

Of course we're flattered and honoured that such a beeeg club like Barca want to buy our best player, and in the middle of the season too. They can tell us the price they want to pay, how much of it is only a probability, how they want to pay the definite part, and the price is in their currency, not ours.  ;D

Try again.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 10:41:48 PM »
Of course we need a centre half, a new goal keeper wouldn't be a profligate outlay either, and a defensive midfield option could be more than useful too, but the thing we lack the most is a leader.

We desperately need someone who can calm things down, stop the instant sagging of spirits and make sure heads aren't lost. Someone who can quickly quell any slipping away of confidence and get things quickly sorted and stabilised when we lose a goal, so the normal avalanche doesn't get under way.

Whether that's a centre half or a midfielder, it makes no odds. It just needs to happen.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2017, 12:03:22 PM »
Liverpool transfer news: Juventus make contact with Emre Can over January swoop

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/896931/Liverpool-transfer-news-Juventus-Emre-Can-Jurgen-Klopp-gossip-rumours-contract

Let him go. Contrast the improvement and change in Oxlade-Chamberlain to Can. Can looks like a player who's always content with his performance and thinks he's far better than he is.

He's one of the players you thought would improve greatly under Klopp, but it just isn't happening.

Whatever he's asking for with his new contract, he just isn't worth. If he thinks he's going to get £100K+ a week at Juve, then he's deluded. I'd be surprised if he gets much more than he's on now.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2017, 06:33:46 PM »
Liverpool confirm world-record £75m deal for Virgil van Dijk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/27/liverpool-agree-world-record-75m-deal-virgil-van-dijk/

Insanity!!!!

Having been injured for the 2nd half of last season, he's not been the same player since returning to the team.
If that's down to his failed Summer transfer, you only have to look at Coutinho to see the right attitude. Maybe it's down to his injury. Either way, £75M is crass stupidity. A 25% increase on the rumoured amount we were prepared to pay in the Summer. Where's that come from?

Do we even know how to negotiate? Or what the word even means?

Surely we could buy a central defensive partnership for that, and whilst either may not be quite as good individually as Van Dijk, as a partnership, they'll be better than the resulting combination of whichever one of our poor centre halves Van Dijk gets lumbered partnered with.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 06:49:09 PM »
I hope Southampton have 'given us permission' to announce the signing.  ;D

If so, I wonder how much we paid for the privilege.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2017, 12:06:18 AM »
Have we missed a trick with Toby Alderweireld, or could we still pull it off?

Apparently his contract runs to July 2019, with Spurs having the option of extending it for a further 12 months. However, there's supposedly a clause that states he will then have a release clause of £25M in the Summer following or that Summer (if triggered in the Summer) in which Spurs trigger the extension.

So if they were to try and trigger the extension to 2020 now, he could be bought for £25M in the Summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2017, 12:11:06 AM »
Exclusive: Southampton keen on Daniel Sturridge and ready to make audacious bid for Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/28/southampton-keen-daniel-sturridge-ready-make-audacious-move/

Considering how much we've been stung for by Southampton over the last few seasons, then a £15M loan fee seems reasonable.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2017, 12:17:41 AM »
Inigo Martinez of Real Sociedad apparently has a release clause of £28M in his contract. Maybe that's worth a punt to give Van Dijk a new partner, considering how poor Matip's been this season, and his injury record.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2018, 06:12:53 PM »
Massimiliano Allegri's answer, when asked about signing Can this month, is priceless:

It is important not to lower the quality of the team and remain focused on our targets.

So Can is only seen as worth having as a squad player, and because he's free. If he thinks he's going to get £100k a week at Juve then he's in La La land.