September 21, 2019, 02:07:14 PM

Poll

Would you like to see Tevez wearing a Liverpool Shirt next season?

Definately
3 (30%)
Could be persuaded
2 (20%)
No thanks
5 (50%)
No because of his links to the Scum
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Carlos Tevez  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Carlos Tevez
« on: May 10, 2009, 01:56:30 PM »
With Carlos Tevez today hinting he would like to stay in the Premier League, would you like to see him at Anfield next season?

Personally i think he could be a good addition and give us another attacking option. Last week at the Newcastle game there were alot of murmurs around the ground that there things happening behind the scenes to make this deal happen. 

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos Tevez
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »
I've voted no.  Not because of his loan deal with Utd but purely on the basis that his 30 million pound valuation is too high for my liking (like Keane's valuation).  If Rafa can sign him up for half that value then it would be good business.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

iskoppa

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 07:21:25 PM »
Not fussed about the M.U. connection, I've voted no because I think the money could and should be better spent in other area's!

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 01:32:37 AM »
I said it in a post during the season that I would definitely go for Tevez. He is the perfect partner for Torres, hard worker, fast, good attitude, maybe not prolific but good eye for goal and plenty of skill.

However I wouldnt pay 32 million. 20 million max.............

Plus anything to p*ss whiskey cheeks off

wittsy

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 09:51:36 AM »
Just how much would we have to pay for him, exactly what is his situation and who actually still owns him (or by the summer anyway). His price would be up in the air. Can't see many clubs being able to pay £30 mil + for somebody who isn't actually a proven prolific goal scorer.

I wouldn't mind him here but what would his role be and who would go to raise the funds (Babel springs to mind).

Jas

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 10:34:44 AM »
I think babel will go in the summer. But it sounds like Rafa's tracking Downing to replace him. Downings not my cup of tea but maybe in a good side he'll raise his game. Today AC Milan have been linked with a 40 million bid for Tevez. Sounds like spice to me, unless they won the Euromillions lottery last week!If the bidding for him moves much above 20 mill Rafa needs to look elsewhere. The only way he'll sign for us is if he makes it clear to MSI that Liverpool is the only club he wants to move to

FlotionPotion

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 09:04:19 PM »
He's just like Dirk to me.  Industrious.  Do we need another one??

My kid brother (who is never wrong Ha Ha) says that Lavezzi from Napoli is a £17m done deal.  If thats true then no need for tevez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-qqzlh19XI

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 06:22:08 PM »
Thought about this for a day...to be honest....i'd rather we shelled out the money for david silva....

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 06:23:45 PM »
Oh and Levezzi looks pretty good!

PhilLFC

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 10:15:07 AM »
I think it would be great if we got David Silva, but as he stated last season he does not want to move abroad..he´d prefer Barcelona if i remember rightly, however things may have changed since!!! David Silva would be my cup of tea!! Tevez...not so sure his wages would be to high and the deal with his agent would be also to high...30m plus we could spend elsewhere..

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 11:24:10 AM »
IMHO i now think us and Man city and the threat of Tevez going to one of Man U's arch rivals is just tactics to put pressure on Fergie to make an offer.

So who should Rafa be trying to sign? 

@ Flotionpotion- Good post. Lavezzi looks a quality player. But i'm sceptical of players from Serie A and how they adapt to the Premier league. But technically he looks sound as a pound.

Personally i think we need someone strong in the air. Someone that we can launch the ball to if things arent going to plan. So I'd go in for Santa Cruz. But whether he can stay fit would be a concern.

And i would like us strengthen the right back area with Glen Johnson being my first choice. But this depends on what price we could get him for. Prices of players tend to double when we show interest in them.

I just hope the Downing story is just paper talk.I'm not his biggest fan.But i also think with Insua,Aurelio, Dossena,Riera, Yossi and maybe Barry the left side shouldnt be a priority.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:26:28 AM by Kopite999 »

FlotionPotion

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »
Utd fan and scum reader at work tells me that there is a bid from LFC of 26mil and 160,000 a week for Tevez.

Way over the top and more than likely complete rubbish considering RB has just said that he needs to get the transfers 100% right in the summer.

I do fear brothers that Alonso is gone in the summer.  Apparently even the Basque newspapers are printing it

FlotionPotion

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 09:26:01 PM »
found this in goal.com

Liverpool To Launch £50m Bid For Manchester United's Tevez - Reports
A deal totalling £50m is in the offing...

According to reports, Liverpool are set to launch an audacious bid for Carlos Tevez.

The Argentinian forward, currently on a complex loan deal at Manchester United, looks set to leave Old Trafford this summer as the club are refusing to stump up the transfer fee demanded by his owners, Kia Joorabchian's Media Sports Investment (MSI) company.

However, Liverpool are ready to muscle in on the striker and offer an initial £26 million for his services.

Furthermore, the fee would be embellished by a £160,000-per-week wage offer, netting the former Corinthians star over £8 million a year.

Yesterday, it was reported that Tottenham Hotspur were ready to bid for Tevez, who has played two seasons at Old Trafford.

United insist that Tevez has a chance of remaining at Old Trafford, but the player himself has admitted that an exit is likely.

Should Tevez move to Merseyside, he would join Javier Mascherano in the Liverpool ranks. The pair moved to England together after the 2006 World Cup, joining West Ham United in an acrimonious transfer.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 09:58:43 PM »
Unfortunately i think Alonso might be off aswell. If Real were to offer £27mil as reports suggest, that might be too tempting for Rafa to turn down. I hope he doesnt go. If not player of the season for us, he was definately not far behind Gerrard. But it sound like Rafa wants Silva, Barry, and Tevez. With funds from the Keane deal,and an annual summer transer budget of around £20mil, this would never be enough to sign these 3. So maybe Alonso is the player being sacrificed to get his targets.

FlotionPotion

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 10:16:57 PM »
There's gonna have to be a serious rethink on formation for next year.

For arguments sake lets say we get all three.  Silva can play wide right or wide wide left to a lesser extent.  Barry inside left??? wide left??? defensive mid with Masch??? (loads of question marks here).  where does tevez play? where does Gerrard play? Kuyt?  Looks like rotation again next year.