October 27, 2020, 06:40:26 AM

Author Topic: The Roy Hodgson Thread  (Read 184855 times)

kamm44

Re: The Roy Hodgson Thread
« Reply #720 on: December 19, 2010, 09:32:58 PM »
Just looked at the  wikileaks  page on woy....

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 20, 2010, 04:02:22 PM »
Someone get the violin.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/855950?cc=5739

Hodgson: Reds aren't my team yet

Roy Hodgson says the current Liverpool squad cannot be seen to be his own until he is given the chance to further sculpt it in transfer windows to come.

Hodgson has endured a difficult campaign since replacing Rafa Benitez in the summer and the Reds currently sit ninth in the table, having won just six of their 17 league games so far this season.

The manager has been the target of criticism from Liverpool supporters but Hodgson says the current squad does not yet bear his imprint and instead reflects more on his predecessor, Rafa Benitez.

"It is starting to feel more like my side," Hodgson said in the Daily Telegraph. "But it is still a team that I have not put together. I want to make that clear. I took the team over and I have not made that many changes. I brought in [Paul] Konchesky to play left back, Raul Meireles to replace [Javier] Mascherano and Joe Cole came in at the same time as me as well as Christian Poulsen. The other players I have inherited.

"I think I would be a good comparison with Tottenham because Harry [Redknapp] came in there just as I came into Fulham so he will just be completing three years and he has brought in a lot of players. So to really call it my team, I would have had to make a slightly bigger impact on those who have been brought in.

"I am more than happy to take responsibility for this squad but it takes a coach more than five or six months to make his stamp on a club. I am hoping we will do some good business in transfer windows to come and then I will be able say, 'If you don't like it then I have no one to blame but myself'."
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 20, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »

Hodgson: Reds aren't my team yet

"I think I would be a good comparison with Tottenham because Harry [Redknapp] came in there just as I came into Fulham so he will just be completing three years and he has brought in a lot of players. So to really call it my team, I would have had to make a slightly bigger impact on those who have been brought in.

"I am more than happy to take responsibility for this squad but it takes a coach more than five or six months to make his stamp on a club. I am hoping we will do some good business in transfer windows to come and then I will be able say, 'If you don't like it then I have no one to blame but myself'."

Hmmm i can't wait for 9 more of the ilk of Poulsen and Konchesky, to cement our place in 9th forever more...

"I am more than happy to take responsibility for this squad''
Since when? It's always been someone else's fault...the players, rafa, as it's xmas at the mo then i'm sure god and the immaculate conception will be blamed somewhere along the line..

Also...the 'I think I would be a good comparison with Tottenham because Harry [Redknapp] came in there' etc is deluded to be frank...when 'arry took over Spurs had 1 point and were sitting bottom of the table and the 'arry effect was immediate and i seem to remember them ending up 8th...aka he came in and they moved UP THE TABLE AND NOT DOWN!

Comparing redknapp who made an immediate effect, and transformed the same players into a unit just shows up Roy's record so far as utterly woeful...keep digging your own whole Roy...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 20, 2010, 09:11:10 PM »
So now we have to wait until he's built his own team. Then what? Then we probably have to wait until the goalposts have been moved again to judge him.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

darrenfromthetford

« Reply #724 on: December 20, 2010, 09:17:33 PM »
roy hodgeson will come good

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 20, 2010, 09:23:15 PM »

Maybe, but unfortunately our manager won't. Probably because his name is Roy Hodgson.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 21, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

I cant share your optimism because hes never come good before.

I cant post links at the moment but  read somewhere that Hodgson has backed Konchesky to come good. I also read that he wants rid of Jovanovic.

I find pretty galling that Roy has backed Konchesky clearly because hes one of his own but is willing to cut Jovanovic loose after only 6 months without giving him a fair chance. Its ironic that Roy pleads for the fans to give himself time but he doesnt afford that same opportunity to a player that is new to league.

I expect to see talk of Roys job being on the line come January when any signing for the team is a Comolli signing and Roy is denied any serious amount of money.

To see us linked wih Bentley and SWP is a worry and hopefully no more than tabloid talk.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 21, 2010, 11:58:17 AM »

Sorry mate, i just can't see Roy coming good...he will always be a midtable manager not believing his luck in getting a plum job...
lost 7 so far...awful football and Roy already has his favourites...he was brought in to give players a fair chance but all that seems to have happened is that we have a manager without the tactical nous that got us challenging for the top 4 each season...
last wednesday's european game was a perfect example...full house, free tickets and an opportunity to entertain with attacking football using the 'i'll give them a chance' reserves...except he didn't...
even his press conferences have become desperate and embarassing...

can't wait to see him gone...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 11:59:42 AM by barticus »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 21, 2010, 12:31:58 PM »
welcome to the forum, Roy

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 21, 2010, 11:16:04 PM »
welcome to the forum, Roy

Or is it Roy's Mum?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 21, 2010, 11:39:22 PM »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

anfieldr0ad

« Reply #731 on: December 22, 2010, 07:59:15 PM »
Was listening to TalkSport radio earlier and someone rang in claiming they are the brother of someone who works inside Liverpool F.C and he said Roy has given a list of players that he wants to try sign and appently they are total shine-a-light and would make us even worse than we are now.. and wants to sell players who the fans like..young players..how can we trust Roy with any cash that we might have to spend.. you know he's going to buy other clubs bench warmers! Poulson, Cole, and that F*****G Konchesky (pains me to say his name) Give Roy anymore time and we'll be fighting to stay in the Premier league every season..long after even Roy has gone because we'd need  whole new squad and not just a decent left back, winger and striker! BRING RAFA BACK!!!

Clem

« Reply #732 on: December 22, 2010, 09:01:57 PM »

That's nice of you. We all agree. Cheerio, now.

anfieldr0ad

« Reply #733 on: December 22, 2010, 09:33:47 PM »

HAHA! as Dell boy would say.. Roy you PLONKER!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 23, 2010, 01:23:21 AM »

Looks like Roy has a 'five year plan'.