December 10, 2019, 04:52:22 AM

Author Topic: The Roy Hodgson Thread  (Read 132301 times)

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The Roy Hodgson Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2010, 07:01:14 PM »
Someone needs to send John Henry an email.
This chap might be a better bet. He seems to carry a lot of influence.
Cheers,
Ray

Clem

« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2010, 10:05:11 PM »
Can you imagine the pure rage and vitriol that would explode from Ferguson if, in a press conference, a reporter dared to ask him if he thought Liverpool will bid for Rooney? Well, tonight, when asked if Man U might come in for Torres what fierce, terse reply did our media-savvy leader respond with..."We will cross that bridge when we come to it"

beyond belief

a sackable offence. Another one.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2010, 10:45:50 PM »
There's a rumour on Twitter being reported on the LFC boards that tomorrow's game will be Roy's last. Reports of breakdown between senior players and the manager. Hard to say how much is smoke rather than fire. Follow it here if you feel inclined. http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=208695

And another thread suggests the club have made contact with Pelligrini. http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=208785

I'd like to think both were true but rumours are just that.
Cheers,
Ray

Clem

« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2010, 11:35:26 PM »
the forums at RAWK and TIA have gone ballistic saying that Roy has had a bust up with disenchanted stars - Torres and reina- and is set to be ousted this week. replacement is touted as Rijkaard, not Pellegrini. What do ya'll think then?

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2010, 11:36:22 PM »
"Someone needs to send John Henry an email." Hilarious Juan! ;D

Senior players....not them again!  ::)

Whenever that gets mentioned something stupid usually happens!

Maybe we should get rid of the senior players! lol

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2010, 11:46:17 PM »
"Someone needs to send John Henry an email." Hilarious Juan! ;D

Senior players....not them again!  ::)

Whenever that gets mentioned something stupid usually happens!

Maybe we should get rid of the senior players! lol

Ha thats nots a bad idea Ed, can we start with JC.

Yeah thats funny just when we were talking about Pelligrini today the rumours then resurface.

There are also one or two news sites reporting it. Please not Rijkaard. Although that said I dont think Roys going anywhere for now.

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1211257-manuel-pellegrinis-agent-reveals-liverpool-fc-manager-talks.html

Liverpool have approached Manuel Pellegrini about the possibility of replacing Roy Hodgson, according to the former Real Madrid manager's agent.

The 56-year-old met Anfield chiefs this summer to apply for the role of Rafael Benitez's successor before it was offered to then Fulham boss Hodgson.

Jesus Martinez, Pellegrini's agent, claims that there has been contact with Liverpool but that the current change of ownership to New England Sports Ventures (NESV) has stalled any progress over negotiations.

He said: "Pellegrini has had offers from clubs in Italy, but initially wanted to wait a bit to some better option. And Liverpool is a club that Manuel would like to manager.

"We had some contacts, but as the club is in the process of change, and no one knows who is boss, no progress on the topic."

Pellegrini was relieved of his duties at the Bernabeu Stadium in May after only amassing 96 points, which resulted in Los Blancos failing to wrestle the La Liga title from Barcleona's grip.

Former Nou Camp boss Frank Rijkaard remains the firm favourite to succeed under-fire Hodgson after resigning as Galatasaray manager earlier today, supposedly in anticipation of taking the reins on Merseyside

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2010, 11:51:35 PM »
Can you imagine the pure rage and vitriol that would explode from Ferguson if, in a press conference, a reporter dared to ask him if he thought Liverpool will bid for Rooney? Well, tonight, when asked if Man U might come in for Torres what fierce, terse reply did our media-savvy leader respond with..."We will cross that bridge when we come to it"

beyond belief

a sackable offence. Another one.

I know I was shocked to read that. Rooney claimed he is leaving United because lack of ambition. So why when asked did Roy not say something like well if Rooney is leaving for lack of ambition Torres is hardly going to join them.

Its about time we got a manager in who will get this team playing. If we can keep stars like Torres with a bit of investment we can turn ourselves back in to Champions league regulars and league contenders within a matter of seasons. If Torres, Gerrard and co go we could be put back 5 or 6 years.

Clem

« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2010, 12:01:22 AM »
Is  Souness available?  ;D

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2010, 12:09:39 AM »
Jim has just confirmed the Torres / Reina rumours on his page. Must be true. Roy's last game Thursday I reckon. Kenny in for Sunday? Very possible as too early for outside replacement.

Bloody hell! Owners last week, manager probably this week. Never seen a week like it.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2010, 12:12:15 AM »
Is  Souness available?  ;D

Dont joke about something like that  :P.

Say his name in front of the mirror three times and he will appear.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2010, 12:13:05 AM »
Jim has just confirmed the Torres / Reina rumours on his page. Must be true. Roy's last game Thursday I reckon. Kenny in for Sunday? Very possible as too early for outside replacement.

Bloody hell! Owners last week, manager probably this week. Never seen a week like it.

Wow, about time Roy left then.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2010, 12:14:51 AM »
Woy to be replaced with Fwank - no fanks.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2010, 12:16:41 AM »
Wow, about time Roy left then.

'Somebody' read your post Juan - "I cant help feeling while we're getting rid of Hicks and Gillett cant someone take Roy with them"

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2010, 12:31:24 AM »
Time to nail my colours to the mast so there's no doubts: I don't want Rijkaard. I believe he's not the right man and his reputation from when Henk Ten Cate was his assistant is clowding the reality of Rijkaard's performance since Ten Cate left. I'll find it hard to support him like I find it hard to support Hodgson, who I also didn't want.

It's hard to honestly feel positive about something you don't believe in. Pretending otherwise is just hypocrisy.

Pellegrini - yes
Laudrup - maybe
Di Matteo - massive outside chance, but still preferable to Rijkaard. 

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2010, 12:52:53 AM »
I agree with ASI, for things to happen so quickly (after them seemingly backing Hodgson), coupled with Christian Purslow stepping down, may signal the return of Dalglish....