December 06, 2019, 08:52:24 AM

Author Topic: The Roy Hodgson Thread  (Read 131688 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: The Roy Hodgson Thread
« Reply #315 on: October 24, 2010, 11:21:02 PM »
Tes, I've just watched the game on MoTD2 and it was unrecognisable from the Everton game. Pace, men running into space and snappy passing. Just like the old days towards the end of the 08/09 season.

Perhaps Roy has been reading some websites - perhaps this one - and realising he can't continue with the same system that is clearly unsuited to these players.

I know Blackburn were without Samba and their centre half but to counter that Robinson made 3 excellent saves in the first half and with better finishing Meirles would have opened his account and Maxi would have added to his.

Understandable perhaps that they got nervous in the last 15 minutes given the nature of Blackburn's goal and the league position. 3 points now seperate us from 7th placed Sunderland. The away game at Bolton is absolutely crucial. We have got to win it for several reasons not least the enormous boost it would have on the players.

I don't ever remember seeing such a compressed table before. Bolton won't be easy but if they are allowed to play with the same freedom as today then there's every reason to be optimistic. Hopefully Roy will see that too. And with no game this week time perhaps for some team bonding in the Lake District. Didn't do Everton any harm!

It's understandable especially as they barely had a sniff at goal but didn't need to when Carra's in goalscoring mood.
We need to go at Bolton and pen them back. Owen Coyle has them playing very un-Bolton like and Johan Elmander seems like a striker re-born under Coyle.

3 points at Bolton and then the big one against Chelsea. I'd settle for a scrappy point 0-0, against them, and hopefully a 3 game unbeaten run would start to instill some self belief and confidence.

Even though we're lacking higher up the pitch, the defence certainly needs money spending on it. As I've banged on about for too long, there's a case to be made against each of our central defenders and I shiver at the thought of our full backs.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 24, 2010, 11:29:27 PM »
It's understandable especially as they barely had a sniff at goal but didn't need to when Carra's in goalscoring mood.
Ouch! That's a bit harsh. Did you see it? Skrtel kicked the ball against Jamie's head and it rebounded in. Hardly his fault.
We need to go at Bolton and pen them back. Owen Coyle has them playing very un-Bolton like and Johan Elmander seems like a striker re-born under Coyle.
Yes, that is a concern but player for player we have more with better skills. If they play an attacking game that will leave gaps which we should exploit.

3 points at Bolton and then the big one against Chelsea. I'd settle for a scrappy point 0-0, against them, and hopefully a 3 game unbeaten run would start to instill some self belief and confidence.

Even though we're lacking higher up the pitch, the defence certainly needs money spending on it. As I've banged on about for too long, there's a case to be made against each of our central defenders and I shiver at the thought of our full backs.
I'd also settle for a draw with Chelsea and if Villa can do it then so can we. Kyriargos (sp) is an excellent buy and isn't easily beaten in the air. He's full of confidence so that will help. And Meireles is very close to goals. He's got a shot that Alonso would die for.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 24, 2010, 11:51:50 PM »
Ouch! That's a bit harsh.

I guess it was considering, but poor old Carra has scored more in the wrong net than in the right one.  ;D

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 24, 2010, 11:55:06 PM »
and what is it with skitrail and carra............they keep getting in each other's way.........head clashes, heading in clearances, etc.

nice if they had a bit more understanding.

:P
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 25, 2010, 06:36:59 PM »
Feyenoord stick with coach despite 10-0 thrashing by PSV Eindhoven

Feyenoord have insisted they will stick with their coach, Mario Been, despite their 10‑0 thrashing by PSV Eindhoven.

Feyenoord conceded eight second-half goals yesterday as they slumped to their worst defeat in the club's history – underlining how far the once-powerful Rotterdam side have fallen in recent years.

They now stand 15th in the 18-team Eredivisie with only two wins in 10 matches.

Feyenoord's technical director, Leo Beenhakker, said today the board still supports Been and do not intend to fire him. Been said in the aftermath of the defeat he would quit if his players and directors had lost faith in him.

I watched some of that game yesterday - on live..........a strange game.

I hope Chelsea don't hammer Woy's Boys by a similar scoreline.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:38:14 PM by the dude abides »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 25, 2010, 08:12:17 PM »
Feyenoord stick with coach despite 10-0 thrashing by PSV Eindhoven

Feyenoord have insisted they will stick with their coach, Mario Been, despite their 10‑0 thrashing by PSV Eindhoven.

Feyenoord conceded eight second-half goals yesterday as they slumped to their worst defeat in the club's history – underlining how far the once-powerful Rotterdam side have fallen in recent years.

They now stand 15th in the 18-team Eredivisie with only two wins in 10 matches.

Feyenoord's technical director, Leo Beenhakker, said today the board still supports Been and do not intend to fire him. Been said in the aftermath of the defeat he would quit if his players and directors had lost faith in him.

I watched some of that game yesterday - on live..........a strange game.

I hope Chelsea don't hammer Woy's Boys by a similar scoreline.

Blackburn was the warm up, Bolton will be the dress rehearsal and Chelsea, the real thing. I have faith.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:14:07 PM by Tes »

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 25, 2010, 11:59:53 PM »
Blackburn was the warm up, Bolton will be the dress rehearsal and Chelsea, the real thing. I have faith.  ;D

I have zero faith Tes. None, not a scrap, not even an ounce. I dont think we will win either of our next two games. I think we will actually draw both. Then we will have people who want Roy to stay on say that Bolton are a tough team away from home and Chelsea are Chelsea. That doesnt cut it anymore, the excuses have to stop. In fact I think we will possibly perform better in the Chelsea game because it will be one the players will easily get up for. Bolton will be normal service resumed, back playing like sh*te.

The sooner Roy goes the sooner we can stop seeing stories like below. I dont believe a word of the article but until we get a manager who knows how to win then I think the likes of Reina will go.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Manchester-United-are-targeting-Liverpool-s-Pepe-Reina-in-a-sensational-12m-swoop-article613701.html

Sir Alex Ferguson wants Pepe Reina to be Manchester ­United’s new No.1.

United boss Ferguson is at the head of a queue of clubs who believe ­Liverpool star Reina may become ­available because of unrest at Anfield.

The Spain international is to hold talks with Liverpool’s new owners NESV after becoming concerned about the club’s long-term direction.

He could be the first man to move between Liverpool and their bitter rivals in either direction since Phil Chisnall left Old Trafford in 1964.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Manchester-United-are-targeting-Liverpool-s-Pepe-Reina-in-a-sensational-12m-swoop-article613701.html#ixzz13PkLIE2H

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 26, 2010, 12:06:42 AM »
I have zero faith Tes. None, not a scrap, not even an ounce. I dont think we will win either of our next two games. I think we will actually draw both. Then we will have people who want Roy to stay on say that Bolton are a tough team away from home and Chelsea are Chelsea. That doesnt cut it anymore, the excuses have to stop. In fact I think we will possibly perform better in the Chelsea game because it will be one the players will easily get up for. Bolton will be normal service resumed, back playing like sh*te.

The sooner Roy goes the sooner we can stop seeing stories like below. I dont believe a word of the article but until we get a manager who knows how to win then I think the likes of Reina will go.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Manchester-United-are-targeting-Liverpool-s-Pepe-Reina-in-a-sensational-12m-swoop-article613701.html

Sir Alex Ferguson wants Pepe Reina to be Manchester ­United’s new No.1.

United boss Ferguson is at the head of a queue of clubs who believe ­Liverpool star Reina may become ­available because of unrest at Anfield.

The Spain international is to hold talks with Liverpool’s new owners NESV after becoming concerned about the club’s long-term direction.

He could be the first man to move between Liverpool and their bitter rivals in either direction since Phil Chisnall left Old Trafford in 1964.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Manchester-United-are-targeting-Liverpool-s-Pepe-Reina-in-a-sensational-12m-swoop-article613701.html#ixzz13PkLIE2H

Exactly, Juan. Without the right man at the helm, we'll see a steady stream of these kind of stories.

And why the sudden departure from Hodgson's normal way of playing?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 12:07:51 AM by Tes »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 26, 2010, 12:36:35 AM »
tough game at bolton.  A draw if we are lucky.

and I can see chelsea beating us 2 or 3 nil at anfield.

then away to wigan and away to stoke......home to west ham.

I think wigan or stoke could see roy fired.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 26, 2010, 12:51:28 AM »
Exactly, Juan. Without the right man at the helm, we'll see a steady stream of these kind of stories.

And why the sudden departure from Hodgson's normal way of playing?

The sorry thing about it Tes they wont be just stories. Jim himself has it on good grounds that there is a split between the players at the club as was reported in the papers. With Hodgson here I dont see Reina and Torres hanging around. They want to learn from the best, improve their careers, Roy is Mr f*cking average and always will be. So much for Shanklys aim for the sky and all that. Roy is a dud. I am now so furious that hes still here.

I'm done giving him any support.

As for changing his playing style, I guess hes realised that after 8 games of utter sh*t that something was not working, that his pre historic methods were last seen being used in Escape to victory in 1981 and that maybe just maybe he might lose his job should Big Fat Sam and his sh*tty depleted Rovers team replicate Blackpools win.

The more I thought about it at the weekend one of the reason I initially liked Roy was because I thought he might be decent with the press. Hes actually a dud, a complete dud, his grand well spoken persona is just a mask for a failed, well traveled manager whose 30 years in the job culminated in a Uefa cup final with fulham. What the f*ck did people see in him and how have people not seen through his lack of success? The fact that hes touted for England is even more laughable. People say hes traveled all over the world and experienced many leagues. That's because hes f*cking rarely lasted in a job long enough so hes f*cked off to another country to fail there too.

With each day hes here is making me angrier and angrier.  I just dont know how anyone thought he had the credentials to run this club   

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 26, 2010, 12:57:28 AM »
tough game at bolton.  A draw if we are lucky.

and I can see chelsea beating us 2 or 3 nil at anfield.

then away to wigan and away to stoke......home to west ham.

I think wigan or stoke could see roy fired.

Do you know what I find so hard to understand is why it seems the Liverpool board cant see to make two decent decisions in a row. Give Roy the job (bad move, he will have to be sacked at a later date), get rid of H&G (good move), Roys still here and doing sh*t( since the H&G are gone it should be a new dawn yet now we have to wait for Roy to eventually f*ck up enough, get the sack before a new manager can come in and give the club the new dawn they would have when Hicks and gillett left and if there was a proper manager in place)

Hodgson out

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 26, 2010, 01:45:15 AM »
From this day forth Roy shall be known to me as "the conman" as a result of his trail of con jobs across Europe where he successfully posed and was perceived by others to be a top class manager.

This could be a case for the Rouge Traders team;

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 26, 2010, 08:48:03 AM »
Juan,

Do you find it difficult to express yourself without using swear words? And I really don't care much for your avatar either.  :(
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 26, 2010, 11:48:16 AM »
Juan,

Do you find it difficult to express yourself without using swear words? And I really don't care much for your avatar either.  :(

I'm not in a regular habit of overly using profanities on a daily basis either at home, work or any environment for that matter. Like anyone on here an odd word here or there can stray into a post from time to time.  But sometimes when a little steam builds and builds and continues to build without knowing it eventually your top blows and to be honest that's the point I reached last night with Roy. So apologies if my language has offended you.

As far as my avatar to be honest when I saw it I thought it was humorous, it was definitely never meant to offend. As a matter of interest is it the language you dont like, the message it conveys in general?

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 26, 2010, 12:02:08 PM »
ASI I have altered my Avatar to read Flock, although the L and the O are probably no so visible.