December 07, 2019, 04:26:10 PM

Author Topic: The Roy Hodgson Thread  (Read 131913 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: The Roy Hodgson Thread
« Reply #510 on: November 07, 2010, 12:46:59 PM »
win-win for Roy: all the current squad, it seems, are Rafa's disaster, and anyone from here on in is Damien's damage. He's smarter than he looks. And talks.

Parry helped Moores sell to the Yanks - he cannot come back. He failed in his duty of care to the club and its fans by not examining that deal properly. Besides, what did he achieve here? One thing we need is an old anfield hand on the board - like Kenny. Currently we have two Americans and a group of London 'head-hunters' deciding our immediate future.  Does this worry anyone else or am I just still tetchy after H&G???

Clem, I wouldn't want Parry back at the club, but his football administration knowledge and experience could be utilised at this early stage. Totally agree with the you about the people shaping our immediate future.
A football club's CEO/MD needs specific talents and knowledge in addition to those of a CEO/MD of a more conventional business. I have no problem with Werner being the chairman, however seeking advice from a baseball general manager about association football seems strange to say the least.
They need to stop trying to transpose an American sports based setup to a European sport.

I prefer the Bayern model of having a football board, with all the inherent knowledge and football based experience.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 07, 2010, 02:05:55 PM »
They need to stop trying to transpose an American sports based setup to a European sport.

You nailed it Tes!  And therelies the problem.

Don't get me wrong, still happy that we got rid of the toxic twins but, and this is a big but, still sceptical of NESV.  Like they said themselves, actions speak louder than words, but so far all I've heard is talk and something about a 39th game!
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Clem

« Reply #512 on: November 07, 2010, 02:52:55 PM »
You nailed it Tes!  And therelies the problem.

Don't get me wrong, still happy that we got rid of the toxic twins but, and this is a big but, still sceptical of NESV.  Like they said themselves, actions speak louder than words, but so far all I've heard is talk and something about a 39th game!

absolutely fellas, absolutely

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 09, 2010, 03:25:15 PM »

November 08, 2010
It's time to put an end to the traitorous BETRAYAL of Roy Hodgson...

Read more: http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2010/11/time-for-traitorous-betrayal-of-roy.html#ixzz14nbjssHE

Take a look at this worth a read and a laugh! He's only backing Roy coz he was so anti Rafa.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 09, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »
' Unbeaten in 8 European games in a row. Rafa Benitez's record is 13 in a row, and I wouldn't bet against Hodgson achieving that, or even beating it.'

Woys managing us in the Europa league.Rafa's games in Europe were mainly in the Champions League!!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:31:12 PM by Kopite999 »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 09, 2010, 04:13:16 PM »
' Unbeaten in 8 European games in a row. Rafa Benitez's record is 13 in a row, and I wouldn't bet against Hodgson achieving that, or even beating it.'

Woys managing us in the Europa league.Rafa's games in Europe were mainly in the Champions League!!

Exactly. Which ever criteria you apply, there are managers better suited to what we require from a manager than Roy Hodgson.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 09, 2010, 05:20:16 PM »
jamie is always good for a laugh (thanks for the link, kopite).

woy is out of his depth.

i think we beat chelsea not because of woy....but because we had kuyt back again.....and our lads have played chelsea 100 times in the past 4 or 5 years....so we played the blues on auto-pilot.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 09, 2010, 08:59:22 PM »
I think Jamie is genuinely a nasty piece of work.

He had huge issues with Benitez as manager and to this day still wont let it go. I would go as far as saying hes obsessed. He isnt capable of allowing supporters have differing opinions.

He was pro active in creating the pro and anti rafa divide and now he is trying to continue to pit Liverpool fans against each other by attempting to create a pro and anti roy divide. The guys malicious, he cant just write a straight forward article about the weekends game, there always has to be a cynical motive aimed at splitting fans.

Football wouldnt be football if fans didnt share different opinions but he attempts to create something more sinister out of that. Without people like him Liverpool fans would be far more harmonious toward each other like the days of old, like now people could agree to disagree on whether you think Roy should go or not but he doesnt want that civility.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 09, 2010, 09:24:39 PM »
I think Jamie is genuinely a nasty piece of work.

He had huge issues with Benitez as manager and to this day still wont let it go. I would go as far as saying hes obsessed. He isnt capable of allowing supporters have differing opinions.

He was pro active in creating the pro and anti rafa divide and now he is trying to continue to pit Liverpool fans against each other by attempting to create a pro and anti roy divide. The guys malicious, he cant just write a straight forward article about the weekends game, there always has to be a cynical motive aimed at splitting fans.

Football wouldnt be football if fans didnt share different opinions but he attempts to create something more sinister out of that. Without people like him Liverpool fans would be far more harmonious toward each other like the days of old, like now people could agree to disagree on whether you think Roy should go or not but he doesnt want that civility.

I have real doubts than Kanwar's a Red, at least not of the LFC variety. If you call him out on his propaganda, even if you prove him wrong factually, he just deletes the posts. He's an attention seeking muppet and is best left alone on his wharped little planet.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 10, 2010, 06:43:57 PM »
the key is to laugh at him.

Jamie craves the attention.  Don't get annoyed, just treat the posts with the contempt and mirth they deserve.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 10, 2010, 07:16:54 PM »
Is he a cockney?

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 10, 2010, 07:25:10 PM »

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 13, 2010, 12:58:28 AM »
You have to wonder what goes through Roys head.

Today he came out defending Poulsen and backing him to come good. Poulsen is 30ish and Roys decision to sign the player was based on a time when a much younger Poulsen played for Roy at Copenhagen in 2000/01.  Poulsen may be new to the club but his record at clubs over the last few years combined with his start at the club suggests to me he will never make at Liverpool.

What I dont understand about Roy is how can he praise Poulsen in one breath and slate Johnson in another. Johnson when hes played this season has been poor defensively, Poulsen has arguably been worse. But in fairness Johnson has had an injury hit season. So why has Roy decided to castigate a 26 year old Johnson who has years left in his career and is potentially worth much more to the club yet defend an older washed up player whom we know is not good enough. For most of the season we have been calling for Johnsons inclusion on the wing but Roy refuses. Theres no doubt he can get forward, hes got a good shot and if anything is to be learned from the Bale situation at spurs its that maybe Johnson could be better suited to the wing with less defensive responsibility.

For Roy to criticise someone whose been fit to play once in the last seven league games and considering Roys only been at the club two minutes is baffling. Roy has been quick to point out that he feels criticism directed at himself is unfair because he has not yet been given a chance to show what he can do. Well then maybe Roy should take his own advice and afford Johnson the same courtesy by letting him get back fit and get a decent run in the side.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-sport/liverpool-fc-news/2010/11/12/lfc-boss-hodgson-insists-christian-poulsen-will-come-good-59067-27646778/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/13/glen-johnson-liverpool-roy-hodgson