September 17, 2019, 05:21:51 AM

Author Topic: Forum feedback  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Jim B

• Just me
  • Administrator
  • A regular
    • View Profile
    • Anfield Road
Forum feedback
« on: May 19, 2008, 07:54:20 PM »
I doubt this forum will work properly from the off, and you may have questions too. So here's the place to ask the questions, and point out the issues. I'll do what I can to sort them out!

Texas_Dawg

Re: Forum feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 06:06:51 PM »
Great new set-up, Jim.  More features, a database than can be searched to reference people's past predictions and comments (Anthony and Fred might come to hate this feature though  ;D ), video clips that load within the page, etc.

Good work.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 08:27:50 PM »
I had a superb script 3 or 4 years ago, and ran a prediction league for a season.

it was awesome, and really drew in folks.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Jim B

• Just me
  • Administrator
  • A regular
    • View Profile
    • Anfield Road
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 05:54:01 PM »
Is that predictions as in LFC scores or other stuff?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 07:01:10 PM »
it was a script, that had all the Premiership fixtures (I had to input them)......and my website's registered users would predict the results of each fixture. 

The settings of the script allowed me to award points (e.g. based on correct result prediction; and correct goals scored by home and away team in the fixture). 

After Match of the Day each Saturday night, I'd come online and input the day's premiership results......and the script would automatically work out the points scored by all my 70 odd users.....and update the table, showing everyone's points, and various other data. 

It was superb....looked excellent.  And there was so much interest, with people (most of them who never would post in my forum) coming in each week to make their predictions for the weekend's 10 premiership games.....and then they'd be back on the Sunday to see the newly updated league table, and if their position had changed.

I also made a logo/banner for across the entire width at the top of the website's page...shankly, paisley, dalglish were on it, etc.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

skippy

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 08:05:28 PM »
1st up just like to point out there is a section for lesser sports so that should suit dawg also he does make his 1st  ever valid point with regards searching for peoples past predictions because when DIC are in full control I would like to look at deputys past posts and mock him/her or whoever they are claiming to be at that part in time (elvis lucan jesus? all about as believable as "hick's sons mate")  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;).

Yanks Out!!

Texas_Dawg

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 10:09:38 PM »
when DIC are in full control I would like to look at deputys past posts and mock him/her or whoever they are claiming to be at that part in time

Fair enough, skippy, and I will definitely admit to being wrong should that happen.  The good thing is Jim has now given us a format that will allow future newcomers to be shown what nonsense people have predicted in the past, and therefore, let them know how seriously to take such people's predictions and claims in the future.

all about as believable as "hick's sons mate")  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;).

Still not sure what's so unbelievable about that, but whatever...

Yanks Out!!

Brits Out!!  Arabs Out!!   ;D

skippy

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 09:34:53 AM »
The last line reminds me of the attitude of our yank owners.

Offline Jim B

• Just me
  • Administrator
  • A regular
    • View Profile
    • Anfield Road
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 09:57:57 AM »
it was a script, that had all the Premiership fixtures (I had to input them)......and my website's registered users would predict the results of each fixture. 

The settings of the script allowed me to award points (e.g. based on correct result prediction; and correct goals scored by home and away team in the fixture). 

After Match of the Day each Saturday night, I'd come online and input the day's premiership results......and the script would automatically work out the points scored by all my 70 odd users.....and update the table, showing everyone's points, and various other data. 

It was superb....looked excellent.  And there was so much interest, with people (most of them who never would post in my forum) coming in each week to make their predictions for the weekend's 10 premiership games.....and then they'd be back on the Sunday to see the newly updated league table, and if their position had changed.

I also made a logo/banner for across the entire width at the top of the website's page...shankly, paisley, dalglish were on it, etc.

Sounds interesting. I should maybe look to see if there's anything for Euro 2008.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 12:35:03 PM »
Sounds interesting. I should maybe look to see if there's anything for Euro 2008.

Jim, I looked here and found the script on an old hard drive......zipped and all.

If you want, I can send it along.  Euro 2008 will soon be upon us.  If you want any help, you just have to ask.

skippy

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 01:49:55 PM »
Jim, I looked here and found the script on an old hard drive......zipped and all.

If you want, I can send it along.  Euro 2008 will soon be upon us.  If you want any help, you just have to ask.

Sounds like agreat idea to me maybe start with euro 2008 and then set it up for the start of the prem.

Offline Jim B

• Just me
  • Administrator
  • A regular
    • View Profile
    • Anfield Road
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 03:45:37 PM »
Send it over then Dude, I'll have a look at it. I think you've got my email address.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 09:08:25 AM »
Send it over then Dude, I'll have a look at it. I think you've got my email address.
couldn't find your email addy, Jim....so instead sending you a PM.