October 23, 2019, 04:29:09 PM

Author Topic: January transfer thread.  (Read 9989 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
January transfer thread.
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:45:34 PM »
Liverpool eye Brazil starlet Nilton

Published 22:15 14/10/09 By Mirror Football

Liverpool are poised for a January move for Vasco da Gama starlet Nilton.

Vasco, who once beat Manchester United en route to the final of the Club World Cup in 2000, have fallen on hard times since.

They currently ply their trade in the Brazilian Second Division and are struggling to keep hold of midfield ace Nilton.

The 22-year-old scored a stunning overhead volley in Vasco’s 4-1 victory over Vila Nova and Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has taken note.

The Brazil Under-20 capped Nilton, whose contract expires in January, could now move this winter, with Benitez leading the chase to sign him.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-eye-Brazil-starlet-Nilton-article189099.html
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: January transfer thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 12:10:48 AM »
No doubt yet another Brazilian superstar likened to Pele, Ronaldo, Romario and Ronaldihno in his homeland.

I hate to be a cynic as usual but I can never get excited about Brazilian or Argentinian unknowns anymore even when they come with you tube videos highlighting their greatness.

Paletta was the last unknown south american that arrived at Liverpool that i was eager to see playing. He came with the knickname of "the drill" due to his tough tackling but in the end he couldnt tackle his dinner. Mark Gonzalez didnt do much to help the South American cause either, jurys still out on Lucas.

As a matter of interest how is Vitor Flora doing in the reserves, havent heard much of him since his arrival last year and he seemed to score goals for fun on you tube. And this isnt a cynical request, im genuinely asking how the lad is doing?

Sorry back to the transfer thread, im not shooting the messanger here but I wouldnt hold out much hope or excitment for this guy if Rafa is tracking him.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 01:15:03 AM »
Liverpool FC scuppered in bid to buy Aston Villa striker

RAFAEL BENITEZ’S attempt to sign Emile Heskey looks set to be scuppered by the Anfield credit crunch.

Liverpool manager Benitez is desperate to bolster his strikeforce and is a long-time admirer of England international Heskey.

But the club’s current financial climate, with the Spaniard told he must once again wheel and deal in the transfer market in January, has lessened the chances of Heskey returning to Anfield.

Benitez pondered signing Heskey from Wigan Athletic two years ago, but ultimately declined to follow up his initial interest with the striker eventually making a £3.5m switch to Aston Villa.

Heskey has started only seven Premier League games this season and would welcome the opportunity of coming back to Liverpool as he aims to safeguard his place in England’s World Cup squad for next summer.

But Villa are unlikely to sell cheaply given the player is contracted to the West Midlands club until July 2012, and manager Martin O’Neill would be loathe to help a direct rival for a top-four place.

The forward, who is 32 next month, spent more than four years at Liverpool in the first half of the decade following a then club record £11million move from Leicester City.

Heskey is currently nursing a groin problem that is likely to rule him out of Liverpool’s trip to Villa Park next Tuesday.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2009/12/23/liverpool-fc-scuppered-in-bid-to-buy-aston-villa-striker-97319-25457159/

Please, please, please be true - if we don't get Heskey back then I'll start believing in God and Father Christmas.

Irish_Mark

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 01:21:15 AM »
Also linked with Aiden McGeady.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 01:44:15 AM »
impressive cards, fellow card sharks.

At this point, I'll have to deploy my Scott Parker card.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 01:56:19 PM »
If wheeling and dealing means signing another Kyriakos I'd settle for just offloading Dossena!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 09:29:07 PM »
Exactly, I'd rather we used young players than use up precious transfer and wage funds to buy ordinary players who we either barely use anyway and then have difficulty moving them on due to their higher than average salary. 

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 11:26:49 PM »
exactly.

On different vein....I wish to feck someone would pay us decent money for Babel.

We need a lot of the deadwood cut out.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 06:53:51 PM »
Alternatively as our squad in parts resembles a tinder box, could we not drop a careless match and claim off the insurance.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 07:28:16 AM »

:D

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 11:44:57 AM »
The rumour today is that Pandev is a serious target on a free. Sign him up i say. Whenever i've seen him he looks a decent player. Also how about Sol Campbell? Not the player he was but a strong and good in the air centre back. And free.

Its a sad state of affairs nowadays when we have to sign players for free. What has our great club become.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 10:15:26 PM »
Aren't Inter hot favourites to sign Pandev.

How depressing to see us linked with Hesky, Beattie, Santa Cruz (because of his injury record), even Van Horseface (again because of injuries). We have truly become the Texas Rangers.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 11:38:54 AM »
Aren't Inter hot favourites to sign Pandev.

How depressing to see us linked with Hesky, Beattie, Santa Cruz (because of his injury record), even Van Horseface (again because of injuries). We have truly become the Texas Rangers.

...and it doesn't get better Tes.  Just seen a headline on Teamtalks site under paper talk - "Liverpool face a battle with Hull to sign centre-back Ivan Gonzalez from struggling Malaga."

Hull?  who da f....wtf!!! facing a battle!!! do me a favour gov'

Depressing times (shakes head)
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 02:38:22 PM »
From the Telegraph's transfer talk section:

"Norwegian international striker Erik Huseklepp could be another of Benítez's targets. However, Wigan and Hull are also reported to be interested in the 25 year-old." 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/5422577/Liverpool-Transfer-Talk---Football-Transfers---Football-Rumours.html

Pesky Hull, trying to muscle in on our top drawer transfer coups.  :'(

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 12:13:53 AM »
Marouane Chamakh tells Arsenal: Get in line with Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea and Sunderland if you want me

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 3:29 PM on 31st December 2009

Marouane Chamakh insists Arsenal are not the only club trying to sign him - listing Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton, Chelsea and Sunderland as all registering an interest.

The Bordeaux striker also revealed Sevilla had made a concerted effort to take him to Spain, while Italian giants Inter Milan and Juventus had been on the phone to his agent.

The Morocco striker wants to stay at the French champions till the end of the season, when his contract expires and he can leave on a free transfer.

Chamakh can talk to other clubs from January 1, but insists he will make no decision until the end of the season.

Despite claiming he did not want his name bandied about by the press, the 25-year-old has fuelled talk about his future by telling a Moroccan newspaper: 'My agent has been contacted by Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton, Chelsea and Sunderland in the Premier League along with other clubs like Sevilla, Inter and Juventus.

'However, we do not have a concrete offer on the table at the moment and it is still a bit soon for such things.

'When the season ends, I will meet with my agent and we will evaluate all of the offers and decide what is the best for me from a footballing point of view. The economics are not the only important thing for me.'

Despite being highly rated, Chamakh has rarely showed signs of becoming a prolific goalscorer.

After previously failing to register more than 10 goals in a season, Chamakh hit 14 league goals in 34 last season, but has returned just six in 19 Ligue 1 outings this campaign.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239659/Marouane-Chamakh-tells-Arsenal-Get-line-Spurs-Liverpool-Everton-Chelsea-Sunderland-want-me.html?ITO=1490

Exactly what we don't want, another non-goalscoring striker, not even if he's such a hard worker he makes Kuyt look like Babel.