October 16, 2019, 05:49:54 PM

Author Topic: January transfer thread.  (Read 9965 times)

BandWMisery

Re: January transfer thread.
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 02:01:35 PM »
Curious Tes why do you think he's had his chance..

I only have this to go on but I doubt it is wrong, if the statement is he doesn't fit the RB type of player that I accept.

http://transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/16135/ryan-babel/default/2009/leistungsdaten.html That is a return of 1 goal 154 mins..

http://transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/41242/david-ngog/default/2009/leistungsdaten.html This 1 goal 416 mins

This is a chance http://transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/4010/dirk-kuyt/default/2009/leistungsdaten.html This 1 goal 303 nearly more time then Babel has even had on the pitch. I'm sure we can bring up defending but Kuyt wasn't bought for his defending capabilities. If greedy, lazy etc I remember a certain show boating Manc t*** but given 2 seasons faith turned into something else.

Edit
Correction 3 seasons...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 02:05:11 PM by BandWMisery »

BandWMisery

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 02:20:03 PM »
typo Ngog 1 every 104 mins 416 mins played

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 10:14:05 PM »
Babel may have a superior goals per minutes stat but figures can be used to make any argument. When he get's his chance and he has had them, he constantly let's himself down. His decision making is woeful. Like Yossi before him, some would say he hasn't been given enough chances or time on the pitch, but unlike Yossi, he hasn't made the best of those chances. Both players had their moments then were left out when seemingly they's done enough to at least keep their place and earn another chance. Unlike Yossi, Babel has looked disinterested. He may be playing out of position (in his opinion) but you have to earn the right to play, wherever you are played. Both Benayoun and Kuyt have been ask to play in various positions with varying success but the attitude has always been good.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 10:20:39 PM »
Babel has been awful.

I thought when he first appeared at Anfield, and scored that lovely goal (with the John Barnes type swagger when moving the ball from one foot to the other), that we had a potential diamond on our hands.

Sadly, with time, we see that he patnetly doesn't have the skill levels of Barnes......and thus his lack of work ethic, and ability to work for the team, means he is not a Liverpool type player. 

He looks disinterested most of the time. 

But for me, what I see patently every time, is his inability to hold onto possession.  He keeps gifting the ball to the opposition.  And then doesn't show any interest about working to get it back again.

The lad needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

BandWMisery

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 12:20:06 PM »
I think I see that but I'm just not sure it is just down to gpm but also minutes on the pitch...

Not really going to get into right and wrong personally I think enough is enough and whatever the situation is it shouldn't be aired unless you really are looking for away, and if that is the case then that is the case. I was devastated when Given wanted away but he had the fans blessing he did deserve better, but the real one for me was Milner but if they want away then away is best...

The point I'm driving at is regardless of whether a confidence player is good or bad expecting a confidence player to perform with out a consistent run is never going to work.. Going on his site.. http://www.babelofficial.com/en/latest_news.asp?AjrDcmntId=7580
Hi Chris, thanks for the support.. I need it.. I'm also hopin that I can stay and can be important for the team.. I have faith and confidence in myself but others need to have those as well to give me a chance.
Clearly he feels he hasn't had the confidence in him shown to him, now to me that is 50-50 and management should be getting the best from him.

I just feel to say he's been given his chances when by all accounts he does seem to be a confidence player that he hasn't really been shown that i.e being dropped after scoring. Then to say he hasn't tried with out a good run, when disheartened to give 100% is always going to be tricky. To me its like you expect him to be a super sub and in my little time I can only think of one really great super sub. But they admitted liking being subbed on but also had a good run in the team before finding there calling.

Either way I do see what is being said, I just think its a little unfair to say he's been given time/chances when there is a lot of arguments for not really(You're judging on 4700 minutes over 3 seasons(Which adds up to only 52 all competitions complete games)), I think we would agree he's not versatile, but has he ever really had run up top(Difficult) or even right side being right footed.

Either way it seems out of the speculation pot or RB has valued him greater than 9 tbh my own opinion is that probably was the best you could get if he isn't given a little run out. I just would like to of see him given a good percentage of pitch time and a little bit of continuous run to really feel happy saying he's got greater potential but isn't going to reach it/ he isn't a good player... etc

I totally agree that he hasn't been an impact player(Or earnt a place after a cameo appearance many times) but to me you will never get the best from Babel trying that.

Edit correction on mins to include all games...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 12:32:18 PM by BandWMisery »

BandWMisery

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 12:59:41 PM »
The comparison to Yossi seems a little unfair 29 vs 23 or closer 26 vs 20 one is an emerging potential talent the other is an established premier league player. I suspect the better comparison would be Ngog. But to me the crux is confidence player vs one who isn't, many confidence players can have barren periods in prolific runs..

As for the comparison to Kuyt he can do that to but his work ethic hides it on Rawk and elsewhere the joke is his second touch is a tackle(Bit unfair IMO). This is can also be manipulated by figures if the lose pass/2nd touch breaks down the attack then it isn't particularly good. Put it another way as defender IMO I think it comes down to being pressured for 90 mins or the pace of Babel I would of thought an in form Babel would be more feared.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:09:14 PM by BandWMisery »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2010, 07:23:26 PM »
Krasic's agent in England

Milos Krasic's agent, Dejan Joksimovic, has revealed that he has been to England to talk to a number of clubs interested in the Serbian.

The CSKA Moscow winger was hugely responsible for helping the Russians qualify for the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League this term in a group that contained Premier League champions Manchester United.

The 25-year-old, who scored four goals in six Champions League group games this season, was awarded for his sterling performances when he collected the Serbian Player of the Year title last month sparking more interest in his services.

CSKA are thought to want to keep hold of their prized asset until June in order to give themselves the best possible chance in Europe but a January move is not out of the question according to Joksimovic.

"Was I in Italy? No I was in England. Many English teams like Milos," he told calciomercato.it.

"Roberto Mancini is thinking of him but currently Manchester City nor the other interested teams have elaborated an official offer.

"CSKA Moscow want to keep him until June. If he leaves in January, Italian clubs are virtually cut off because the player has no EU passport and he costs a lot."

As well as Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United are all reportedly tracking Krasic.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5873571,00.html

So cross another one of the list unless our 'prefered owners' change their spots.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 02:44:23 PM »
Liverpool have offered Standard Liege striker Milan Jovanovic a three-year deal with the option for a further 12 months in a bid to land him on a free transfer this summer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2QpimwZrTc

Not the best compilation of goals i've ever seen. But he could be a good string to our bow

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 08:00:23 PM »
Benitez confirms Liverpool talks over Kenwyne Jones

By Soccernet staff    January 25, 2010

Rafael Benitez has confirmed Liverpool have held talks with Sunderland over a deal to sign striker Kenwyne Jones although he is unsure about the current position of the deal.

Liverpool have been linked with Jones for some time, and Sunderland boss Steve Bruce hit out at Benitez on Friday for unsettling the player.

And while Benitez insists he did nothing wrong in the pursuit of Jones, he has confirmed that the two clubs are currently discussing a potential deal.

"I was not dealing with this," Benitez said. "(Managing director) Christian Purslow has been talking with (Sunderland chairman) Niall Quinn so they have to manage the situation because I was not doing anything.

"I prefer not to talk too much because we will create a debate so Christian and Niall will continue to talk if they need to talk. They were in contact but I don't know what the situation is now."

It is understood that Liverpool are privately angry at Bruce's comments, particularly as preliminary talks have been taking place between the clubs since last month. 

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=731172&sec=transfers&cc=5739&cc=5739

So now it's official but I'd rather have his partner.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 11:11:39 PM »
Sunderland boss Steve Bruce revives interest in Liverpool striker Ryan Babel

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 10:34 PM on 26th January 2010

Sunderland are ready to revive their interest in Liverpool misfit Ryan Babel.
Manager Steve Bruce, who was at Bolton on Tuesday night, is wary of carrying on the season without fresh options in attack.

Bruce was reluctant at first to move for Babel but has come round to thinking he may be the best option for now before reviving a bid for Schalke’s Kevin Kuranyi in the summer.

Bruce’s main problem may be convincing Babel to go to the North East. The Dutchman has resisted approaches from Birmingham and Galatasaray, plus offers from France and Germany.

He would prefer to move to either Tottenham or Arsenal but neither club could agree a relative swap deal with Liverpool.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1246311/Sunderland-boss-Steve-Bruce-revives-Liverpool-striker-Ryan-Babel.html?ITO=1490

I feel a 'Sunderland have unsettled Babel' rant coming on.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 11:48:27 PM »
12 million quid for emlyn jones is the height of madness.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2010, 02:23:06 AM »

Eggszackerlee.

Though I may be in a minority of une, I thought the player we should have gone for in the Summer to solve the problem of Torres absenteeism was Bent. He can play up front on his own, has pace and his scoring record stands up to scrutiny. He seems able to be in and out of the team (last season at Spurs the perfect example) yet still score regularly. He wouldn't have been able to play with Torres but I feel he would have been able to combine effectly with anyone else playing either behind him or, for example Kuyt, alongside him.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 06:37:51 AM »

Bang on, bizarre that we're ven linked with Jones....
can't believe we're not smashing the AC Milan door down and getting Huntelaar on loan...the guys class! He was brilliant for Real after being injured half the season and scored something like 15 goals in 20..

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 02:42:29 PM »
What's even more bizarre is that the likes of Heskey and Jones are seen as players to help share the responsibility for goals with Torres.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2010, 02:51:25 PM »
Yossi Benayoun set for Dynamo Moscow as Russian club claim Liverpool star has agreed terms

By Ashley Gray Last updated at 12:31 PM on 27th January 2010

Yossi Benayoun has agreed terms to quit Liverpool for Dynamo Moscow, according to the Russian club's sporting director.

Dynamo are yet to agree a fee with the Barclays Premier League giants, but hope to settle on £7million before the end of the week.

Despite the 29-year-old being one of boss Rafa Benitez's most trusted players, details of talks between Benayoun's agent and Dynamo emerged last week.

Anfield boss Benitez would be reluctant to lose one of his most reliable performers, but with the Spaniard's own future in doubt, cash-strapped Liverpool may be keen to take the money and target other areas.

They are still looking for a striker to take the burden off injury-plagued Fernando Torres and recently sold Andriy Voronin to Dynamo for £1.2m.

The Merseysiders have already signed like-for-like player Maxi Rodriguez from Atletico Madrid, with the Argentina international able to play on the wing or through midfield.   ::)
Dynamo sporting director Konstantin Sarsania said: 'It is true that we have come to an agreement with the player's agent. In the next two days, Liverpool will make their own decision.

'When we completed the signing of Andriy Voronin, consent was given by Benitez. Now the Liverpool coach is against losing Benayoun, but the decision is not his, it is for the club's directors.
'The transfer of Benayoun will happen if the price is acceptable. If they want more than we expect, the board of directors will discuss the issue.'

Israel captain Benayoun was offered a similar move to Spartak Moscow year ago, only to sign a new Anfield deal in the summer.

Dynamo are understood to be offering him a three-year contract, with the option of a fourth year, on terms of about £40,000 a week. The significantly lower tax rate in Russia means he would receive a similar amount as his current deal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1246432/Yossi-Benayoun-set-Dynamo-Moscow-Russian-club-claim-Liverpool-star-agreed-terms.html?ITO=1490

*Starts dreaming about the day we can break into the top four and see Champions League football at Anfield.*