August 25, 2019, 08:56:37 PM

Author Topic: Champions League 09/10  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Champions League 09/10
« on: October 20, 2009, 12:36:51 PM »
Following a mixed start in this years competition, I cant wait for tonights game. The atmosphere tonight will hopefully be a step up after a very flat atmosphere at the Debreceni game. Anything but a win against Lyon will probably result in an Olympiakos style nail biting final game which we could do without.

Is anyone else going tonight?

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Champions League 09/10
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 04:19:43 PM »
Expecting a BIG REACTION tonight and a frickin' result!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 05:52:22 PM »
Expecting a BIG REACTION tonight.....

From who, Ed, the players or the fans?
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 06:23:38 PM »
Last nite wasnt good. And to make it worse Fiorentina play Debreceni again nxt. I'm assuming they'll take 3 points putting them on 9ts. Lyon have 9pts already, so if we fail to win in Lyon the Uefa Cup beckons :'( On the up side that could mean a nice trip to Hamburg in May

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 07:10:06 PM »
The two yankee's take champions league every season for granted.  If we don't qualify I think the financial repercussions will be massive imho.  Undoubtedly this will hit Rafa's budget if he has one that is, and could possibly force the sale of Mascherano!

I think this season is make or break for Rafa.  Reaching those dizzy heights last season really made everyone standup and look at Liverpool as genuine challengers for this season.  Problem is we did not get the financial backing to get those 2/3 players needed to take us to the next level.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 08:05:43 PM »
 I think Masch will go anyway but there'd be no chance Rafa would see a penny. It could mean two further sales on top, as we've still got £20M - £25M in interest payments to find irrespective of CL money and CL money to then replace and a transfer fund would be vital as we would need to get back into the CL the following season WITHOUT FAIL.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.