November 30, 2020, 07:42:27 AM

Author Topic: Aquilani  (Read 3879 times)

FlotionPotion

Aquilani
« on: October 22, 2009, 11:55:11 AM »
Totally forgot about the reserves last night...how did our prophesised saviour do?

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Aquilani
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 06:12:50 PM »
There's a bit of a clip here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiBTy2nucYA

Personally I think that he's the piece of the jigsaw that's missing. The balance of the team is wrong at the moment. Strangely the addition of one player can dramatically alter this and it ripples through the team.

I'm unusually (maybe desperately) optimistic that this guy is going to come in, gives us back our swagger and have an impact the way Johnson did at the start of the season. A couple of wins, players get their confidence back, a system evolves, consistent teamsheet and here's hoping!

I just think that it's much easier to chop and change things further on in the season when players have games under their belts. Unfortunately we've had to do it at the start this year which has given us a shitload of problems.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:02:13 PM »
I wonder how many games it will be before he gets the 'Lucas treatment' off some of our 'fans', if he doesn't prove to be Xabi Molby by the end of his debut.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

FlotionPotion

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 08:45:01 PM »
Just when i thought I had heard every large red beachball reference, Tes mentions Molby.

I cant see Aquilani playing full time before Christmas.  But if we stay in the hunt until then, then he is a new signing and may just be that something unknown that new players bring.  What I mean is, when a new player comes into the league it takes opposing players a season to learn about him.  Aquilani in the new year could be the unknown entity and then...RAFA MAKE US DREAM

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 07:45:15 PM »

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 07:45:27 PM »

Torres-a-legend

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 06:52:31 PM »
We really need him to play well. £20m is still a lot of money. Hopefully he can be Rafa's ace up his sleeve.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 10:39:22 PM »
I'm thinking of running a poll for Sunday's game on how many minutes we'll see Alberto on the pitch! I was damned annoyed he didn't feature last night assuming you don't count 30 seconds on the pitch!  >:(
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 12:55:26 AM »
I'm thinking of running a poll for Sunday's game on how many minutes we'll see Alberto on the pitch! I was damned annoyed he didn't feature last night assuming you don't count 30 seconds on the pitch!  >:(

To be honest ASI as much as I cant wait to see him become a regular fixture in the team I am happy to wait until Rafa thinks hes fit and ready. It would be disastrous to lose him again to a recurrence of his previous injury.

I genuinely think that Rafa maybe sees this guy as making all the difference but will keep him wrapped in cotton wool until he knows hes ready. Rafa would clearly have him on by now if he thought he was ready to help his plight. Not even for the teams benefit but for Rafas own benefit in his quest to stay in a job. So in a way his lack of game time up until now could almost be seen as an unselfish act by Rafa, hes putting the team and the players long term future and career ahead of his own turbulent spell.

Irish_Mark

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 04:10:46 AM »
Agree with the above Juan :)

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 05:13:06 PM »
Juan,

He was wrapped up in cotton wool prior to the Arsenal game. I know he's had a virus since then but he must be over that otherwise he wouldn't have been on the plane to Hungary.

I'm not alone in questioning why he doesn't play more. Henry Winter in the Telegraph is also baffled by his absence. Didn't he break his ankle in March? Eight months seems plenty of time to me for it to heal.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 06:42:36 PM »
ASI I understand your point and frustration. I just think with Liverpools and Benitezs current position he will be more eager than anyone to have him back.

So if he chooses not to give him much game time yet im sure he has his reasons for it and I will accept Rafas rationale.

Saying that he must be very close to featuring more heavily.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »
Juan,

I'm not an anti-Rafa person but it would really help me understand the situation if the manager would say why he's not getting much playing time at present.

And why doesn't the LFC website not have a section devoted to players and their injuries with projected return dates? Having to go to independent sites is silly when they must get their info from the club.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 12:27:55 PM »
Great to see Aquilani get 83 minutes. Some nice touches and passing. His fitness levels look alot better. With another 4/5 games under his belt, i think we'll see an even better player, especially with him looking to get back into the Italian world cup squad.