March 05, 2021, 12:32:37 AM

Author Topic: What will it take for this fool to go?  (Read 26342 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: What will it take for this fool to go?
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2010, 08:42:34 AM »

That rug really tied the room together...

they peed on it too.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

centenaryjonny

« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2010, 10:33:31 AM »
I got the fuk out of LA.  It was being overrun by German nihilists.

They stole my fuking rug.

Given that you said the other day that you want to bin Gerrard and build a team round Dirk, it wouldnt surprise me if you were from the moon!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »
WTF are you waffling on about now.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Irish_Mark

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2010, 04:10:09 PM »
they peed on it too.

They peed on your fcukin' rug, Dude...

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2010, 04:17:38 PM »
They peed on your fcukin' rug, Dude...

They peed on my fu.cking rug.

centenaryjonny

« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2010, 05:33:07 PM »
I Was talking about your other comments, about building a team without SG because apparently he has lost it, and we should know when to sell, yet Dirk sums up all that is great and is wonderful.

A couple of things there superfan

1.) They are the SAME age
2.) Dont be so ridiculous, it is an insult to someone with Stevies talent that he has to play with a bandy legged cart horse with no pace, no ability and no idea of anything around him other than Rafa shouting instructions.  And if you are talking about heart and spirit, next time you bother to watch a game, count how many times Stevie runs past Dirk either attacking or defending, then tell me who has more heart and pride for the club! 

Irish_Mark

« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »
Difference for me is Dirk isn't feeling sorry for himself

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2010, 07:37:25 PM »
yes.

And for that goal the other night, did you see Dirk's world class chest-off, to Aquilini, from Reina's long downfield clearance.

World class.

If Gerrard, or Henry, or Ronaldo, had done such a chest-off, we'd never have heard the end of it, in the papers for weeks.

centenaryjonny

« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2010, 11:46:42 AM »
Yeah, you're right Dirk is great!

Stevie should be moved on!

Put them both up for sale tommorw and see you we get more money for and who goes to the bigger club!

My guess would be Stevie to Barca, Dirk to Villa, maybe City, simply for the fact that they seem to be buying the rejects of the teams they are trying to beat.

Stevie has been the best midfielder in the world over the last 10 years.  Without a doubt, and he has been carrying an average team for the majority of that.

Dirk has not been the best anything in the last 10 years, and for the last 4 of them has been a very average part of that average team.

10 years from now, Stevie will be remembered as a true great, a Dalglish, a Souness or a Yeats.  Dirk will be a Ray Houghton. 

And before you slate Stevie too much, I dont think your precious 'Go Compare' man would have kept his job in 2005 had it not been for Stevie.   Certainly he would not be there now had Stevie moved on to win things. 

Do you just say things to see if half the people bite, you cant believe some of the stuff you come out with?