December 14, 2019, 03:29:43 AM

Author Topic: Reds Vs Wolves  (Read 5964 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Reds Vs Wolves
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 07:08:14 PM »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 07:40:18 PM »
Reina, Carragher, Insua, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Mascherano, Lucas, Gerrard, Riera, Maxi, Kuyt.
Subs: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Babel, Ngog, Degen, Darby, Pacheco.

Hmmm ok....much more attacking lineup....aquilani to come on in the 60th...2-0...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 07:43:05 PM »

got sunburnt on neck and shoulders yesterday, when cleaning the pool.

thought I'd share that.   :P

Likewise, but it was of the frosted variety.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Irish_Mark

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 07:43:18 PM »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 07:46:26 PM »
Be good to see if we get their reserves like the mancs did!

That was Palace's privilege in the FA Cup at the weekend so he'll be putting out a strong team tonight.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 09:23:13 PM »
I'm listening on radio and it's pretty dire. Why do we take one step forward and then one back? Why in the name of all that is holy is Aquilani not playing after his best game for us last week?

Grrgghh!  >:(

Dude, nice pool. Is that really yours?  ;)
Cheers,
Ray

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 09:40:46 PM »
We've created very few chances and Aquilani hasn't played. Coincidence?

Two defensive midfielders and one up front against Wolves who are just above the relegation zone? Wrong tactics Rafa!!  :(
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:42:46 PM by Ageing Stick Insect »
Cheers,
Ray

Irish_Mark

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 09:43:20 PM »
I am so effing angry I could break something. That was disgusting. Pathetic. We were fooking delighted with a point. David N'Gog, the 20 year old boy, was the only one who showed any class or drive. Where's the effort and passion gone?

I'm sick to the teeth of these performances

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 10:33:17 PM »
Likewise Mark. How on earth does Maxi get 90 mins and a £20M signing gets left on the bench? It seems we created very little. I wonder why?

For God's Sake Rafa. Let them off the leash and play some attacking football!! Two of the three points we gained against Spurs last week have been clawed back by them after their 2-0 win.

I wish Rafa was made to justify his selection to the fans but he's accountable to no-one until the end of season. If we don't start playing more attacking football we will not make 4th. Of that I am certain.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 10:37:22 PM »
Surely it would have been wiser to save Gerrard for the City and Arsenal games and if Aquilani couldn't make a full 90 minutes after last playing nearly a week ago then what was wrong with giving Pacheco 30 mins?

The new found spirit soon evaporated. I hope the players enjoy the Europa League because that's the best they have to look forward to if they don't buck up.

ASI, where you listening to it on Five Live? I that Matt Jackson's comment were very balanced for an ex bitter.

Ah well, at least (just like a Nun) we kept a clean sheet.  ::)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 11:06:57 PM »
why doesn't Rafa go down swinging.

it's these type of games that are gonna do for him, come May time.

if you are not gonna throw the kitchen sink at a struggling Wolves team, then when the fu.ck do you ever go for it?

I was also depressed to see Stevie back in the team.  He's  been nothing short of wank all season.  I'd have preferred to have seen him sit this one out.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 11:11:11 PM »
Surely it would have been wiser to save Gerrard for the City and Arsenal games and if Aquilani couldn't make a full 90 minutes after last playing nearly a week ago then what was wrong with giving Pacheco 30 mins?
I hate to say it but I don't think Gerrard did us any good tonight. Carra should have kept the captainship and Gerrard should have been rested. Carra seems to inspire the lads but Gerrard is lacking that skill.

The new found spirit soon evaporated. I hope the players enjoy the Europa League because that's the best they have to look forward to if they don't buck up.
They're probably frustrated at Rafa's selection. I wonder what Aquilani thought of being left on the bench? Two games in Europa and we're out on this performance.

ASI, where you listening to it on Five Live? I that Matt Jackson's comment were very balanced for an ex bitter.
Yes. I'm watching it on Sky Sports now and his comments were quite kind comapred to the crap I'm watching!

Ah well, at least (just like a Nun) we kept a clean sheet.  ::)
That should be a given against such poor opposition. Portsmouth and West Ham won there but we couldn't. Shocking!

It isn't just the poor football under Rafa. It's the nonsensical choice of team and rigid tactics like no subs until 63 mins and 7-8 defensive players against lowly teams. So lets hear from Rafa supporters. How can you defend those tactics tonight? >:(
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 11:23:36 PM »
Dude, nice pool. Is that really yours?  ;)

that's the paddling pool, in front of the little guest house, ASI.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 11:24:26 PM »
They're probably frustrated at Rafa's selection. I wonder what Aquilani thought of being
It isn't just the poor football under Rafa. It's the nonsensical choice of team and rigid tactics like no subs until 63 mins and 7-8 defensive players against lowly teams. So lets hear from Rafa supporters. How can you defend those tactics tonight? >:(

You don't, because you can't. I fail to understand his thinking in this situation. If we lose we remain on the same points total, however, if we win our total increases by 3, so there's nothing to lose. I realise it's the 'bleeding obvious' but I just don't understand why Rafa fails to get it. I can understand caution against the top 3 and even our direct competitors for fourth (though I'd prefer to try and gain an advantage a win would give us) but outside of those we should have nothing to fear and go all out for victory, no other thought but victory. 

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 11:27:39 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(

This season reminds me of the days under Ged.  We'd win a game then lose, then win, then lose, throw in a couple of draws for good measure and carry on with our consistently inconsistant form as the season progressed. 
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!