December 14, 2019, 10:15:41 AM

Author Topic: Summer transfer window thread  (Read 105141 times)

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Summer transfer window thread
« Reply #510 on: August 24, 2010, 08:12:52 PM »
We need an over haul Tes.

If Kuyt goes it may not be a bad thing, only if a takeover is in the offing. Hes done a lot of good but I'm thinking this team as we know it could be finished.

Could be time to start again. I never wanted us to do a Man City on it but if we do get wealthy investors in we might just need to buy 6 or more top quality players.

Defence, Midfield and up front its all seriously lacking

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 24, 2010, 08:58:44 PM »
Hangeland, a left back, someone to replace monster and a big forward and we've got a team again

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 24, 2010, 09:34:28 PM »

Be a real shame if he got a career ending injury.

His career was over a long time ago, when he left us

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 25, 2010, 11:17:28 AM »
This is depressing news, for me anyway.  Is this the type of quality Woy's going to look to bring in?  More of these types of rumours/signings are going to put me off football altogether.  :'( :'( :'(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skysports.com understands Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Fulham defender Paul Konchesky.

Reds bos Roy Hodgson has openly admitted bringing a new left-back is one of his top priorities this summer and it is believed he wants Konchesky to solve the problematic position.

Hodgson is a big admirer of Konchesy having worked with the 29-year-old for two-and-a-half-years prior to his switch to Anfield.

Liverpool are keen to bring in a new left-back before the close of the transfer window and had been linked with a move for PSV Eindhoven's Carlos Salicido.

However, it appears Liverpool have opted to go for Konchesky with the player having just a year to run on his contract at Fulham.

Konchesky's future at Fulham has been the subject of speculation all summer with Birmingham having seen one bid turned down eartlier this summer.

New Fulham boss Mark Hughes was keen to keep hold of the former Charlton man, but Konchesky is thought to have informed the Cottagers chief of his desire to be reunited with Hodgson at Anfield.

Liverpool are believed to be prepared to pay up to £3.5million to land Konchesky as Hodgson looks to finalise his rebuilding plans at the club.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 25, 2010, 02:20:11 PM »
I agree but he did ok against the mancs on Sunday

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 25, 2010, 02:24:50 PM »
It's not great, but it's where we are at the moment.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 25, 2010, 03:29:30 PM »
Agree with some of the other comment, its not ideal but hes not the worst left back in the league.

He is a tough enough operator too so until the takeover happens he is better than we have already.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 25, 2010, 09:43:14 PM »
Reds striker moves to Greece

Liverpool have confirmed Krisztian Nemeth has joined Greek club Olympiakos.

The Hungary striker joined the Reds from MTK Hungaria three years ago but never broke into the first team and the 21-year-old follows former Anfield winger Albert Riera, who also moved to Olympiakos this summer.

Moises Hurtado has also joined Nemeth in Athens after signing a three-year contract on Wednesday.

The Spanish defensive midfielder put an end to his 11-year spell at Espanyol to join Ernesto Valverde's revolution for a reported fee of 2million Euros.

"Olympiakos announces the signing of Moises Hurtado from Espanyol. The Spanish player has signed a three-year contract," the Greek club confirmed.

Valverde has been busy recruiting a new-look Olympiakos team for the campaign with Dennis Rommedahl, Marko Pantelic and David Fuster already acquired as they look to wrestle the Greek title from cross-city rivals Panathinaikos.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6335483,00.html

I hope we've got a 50% sell on fee and a whole bunch of add ons. Somehow I doubt it though.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 26, 2010, 01:27:22 AM »
Reds striker moves to Greece

Liverpool have confirmed Krisztian Nemeth has joined Greek club Olympiakos.

The Hungary striker joined the Reds from MTK Hungaria three years ago but never broke into the first team and the 21-year-old follows former Anfield winger Albert Riera, who also moved to Olympiakos this summer.

Moises Hurtado has also joined Nemeth in Athens after signing a three-year contract on Wednesday.

The Spanish defensive midfielder put an end to his 11-year spell at Espanyol to join Ernesto Valverde's revolution for a reported fee of 2million Euros.

"Olympiakos announces the signing of Moises Hurtado from Espanyol. The Spanish player has signed a three-year contract," the Greek club confirmed.

Valverde has been busy recruiting a new-look Olympiakos team for the campaign with Dennis Rommedahl, Marko Pantelic and David Fuster already acquired as they look to wrestle the Greek title from cross-city rivals Panathinaikos.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6335483,00.html

I hope we've got a 50% sell on fee and a whole bunch of add ons. Somehow I doubt it though.

Pity at one point I thought he may have made it at Liverpool

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 26, 2010, 02:12:46 AM »
Pity at one point I thought he may have made it at Liverpool

It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind his release. Surely it can't be the injury problems, especially with our history of signing (and re-signing) players with woeful injury records.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 28, 2010, 10:24:41 PM »
Liverpool thrown in Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic to clinch £4m Paul Konchesky from Fulham

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 12:59 AM on 28th August 2010

Liverpool threw in two promising youngsters, Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic, to help clinch the £4million capture of Fulham left back Paul Konchesky.

The teenagers had medicals yesterday at Fulham, who also concluded a £2.25m deal for PSV Eindhoven defender Carlos Salcido.

Dalla Valle, 18, is a promising Finland Under 19 striker and Swede Kacaniklic, 19, is a midfielder.

Brazilian Lucas looks likely to leave Anfield permanently, as his family have not settled on Merseyside.

West Ham and Italian sides Inter Milan and Palermo are watching developments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1306852/Liverpool-agree-4m-deal-Fulham-Paul-Konchesky-Anfield.html

£4M is overpriced and throwing in Dalla Valle and Kacaniklic is beyond comprehension.
So that's Insua definately on his way then, also.

Also the emboldened bit is very interesting. Hadn't heard of this before.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 28, 2010, 10:56:50 PM »
I'd be amazed if Lucas left before Tuesday. Someone must have got that wrong surely. Whilst not perfect he does a reasonable job and surely we can't rid ourselves of all our old midfield (Gerrard excepted)?
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 29, 2010, 02:12:55 AM »
I'd be amazed if Lucas left before Tuesday. Someone must have got that wrong surely. Whilst not perfect he does a reasonable job and surely we can't rid ourselves of all our old midfield (Gerrard excepted)?

Agreed ASI, on both points. Probably poor journalism, getting him mistaken with Masch. I guess all South Americans look the same to said 'journalist'.
We'd be left with 3 established central midfielders only, plus Spearing. Still I guess 'their' interest payments come before what's important. Talking of which, from the Telegraph: 

"Most poignant, as the transfer window draws to a close, is the inquiry as to why Hodgson's revolution did not begin to take shape until the final weekend of August. He was, after all, supposed to have £12 million to spend upon taking the job, plus whatever money is raised through sales, currently £16 million.

When Mascherano, who arrived in Barcelona on Saturday for his medical, signs for the Spanish champions, the total sum supposedly available to Hodgson should stand at £50 million. Yet the captures of Meireles and Konchesky take the club's outlay this summer to £24.2 million. As always at Liverpool, something does not add up.

Since Benítez decided to sell Robbie Keane back to Tottenham for £16 million in January 2009, Liverpool have recouped some £80 million in sales.

Mascherano's departure will take that figure to £102 million. The Spaniard and Hodgson between them have spent just £59.8 million, when Meireles and Konchesky are factored in, in the last 18 months.

At a club where both Tom Hicks, the co-owner, and Christian Purslow, the managing director, have asserted that the "player fund" is sacrosanct, in theory Hodgson should have £40 million burning a hole in his pocket. It is safe to assume he does not.
"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/7969621/Roy-Hodgson-shows-forward-thinking-by-signing-Raul-Meireles-for-10.7m.html

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 29, 2010, 02:14:32 AM »
From: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/7969806/Javier-Mascherano-Barcelona-move-a-dream-come-true.html

"Daniel Pacheco has signed an improved contract to remain at Anfield for the next two years, while the young Spanish defender Daniel Ayala has agreed a season-long loan with Hull."

Excellent bits of business. Kelly is definately ahead of Ayala, even at centre half, but this should give him some first team experience and hopefully be ready to challenge for a place in the squad next season.

Even better news about Pacheco.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 29, 2010, 03:28:43 AM »
£4M is overpriced and throwing in Dalla Valle and Kacaniklic is beyond comprehension.
So that's Insua definately on his way then, also.

Also the emboldened bit is very interesting. Hadn't heard of this before.

getting the two young lads off the wage bill, I bet is what it is all about.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.