November 26, 2020, 02:02:01 AM

Author Topic: Summer transfer window thread  (Read 141824 times)

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Summer transfer window thread
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2010, 01:20:27 PM »
Aside from not wanting to let Torres go in the interest of integrity and conflict of interest I think we should not be even willing to talk to Chelsea while Broughton is at the club. And that goes for Benayoun too.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=796795&sec=transfers&cc=5739

Chelsea make £50 million bid for Torres

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

June 15, 2010

Chelsea are waiting to hear back from Liverpool having lodged a £50 million bid for Fernando Torres, according to a transfer insider.

Fernando Torres

Fernando Torres: Subject of bidding war

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has given the green light to what would be the biggest domestic transfer in Premier League history, but will have to out bid Manchester City.

An insider close to the negotiations told Soccernet: "There have been two verbal offers for Torres, Chelsea are willing to pay £50 million, but Manchester City offered verbally £25 million more!

"Liverpool would naturally want the bigger sum, but Torres as made it perfectly clear that he won't be joining Manchester City, even though City would go as high as £200,000-a-week wages.

"Even so Chelsea would pay Torres £140,000-a-week and when you're at that level, the important thing for the player is to go to a club with Champions League football and the chance of winning the major honours.

Liverpool, who are still to appoint a new manager after parting company with Rafael Benitez last month, have not formally acknowledged Chelsea's approach.

The blues are also in the hunt to sign Yossi Benayoun from the Anfield club and Soccernet's source expects both players to be at Stamford Bridge next season.

"If you are asking my opinion both Torres and Benayoun will go to Chelsea, the Benayoun deal is very close to completion, but Torres won't be sorted out now until after the World Cup Finals."

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »
And even though its not relevant I believe Torres is worth more like 100 million in this transfer age.

If Broughton or Purslow even contemplates Chelseas offer they will be decalring war.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2010, 01:52:12 PM »
sounds like several badge-kissing rats are about to leave the sinking ship.

I suppose one up-side is that such sales will make the yanks position totally untenable.  They will, I imagine, find it physically impossible to ever watch another game.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 15, 2010, 03:18:21 PM »
Torres £50mill
Gerrard £25-30mill
Mascherano £25mill

Looks like the yanks have secured the 100 mill investment they were looking for. If they refinance with player sales monies they dont have to sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm seriously considering boycotting all games next season. I'm no longer willing to line the yanks pockets. With todays LFC PLC there is no longer any resemblence of the old club i've grown up loving and supporting. LFC R.I.P

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 15, 2010, 05:05:32 PM »
Torres £50mill
Gerrard £25-30mill
Mascherano £25mill

Looks like the yanks have secured the 100 mill investment they were looking for. If they refinance with player sales monies they dont have to sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm seriously considering boycotting all games next season. I'm no longer willing to line the yanks pockets. With todays LFC PLC there is no longer any resemblence of the old club i've grown up loving and supporting. LFC R.I.P

Wow Kopite the fact you would even consider to boycott games is an indictment of just how bad things are getting.

Its obviously harder on fans who are from Liverpool to decide not to go to games than someone like myself who lives further afield and only gets to games every now and then.

I know recently you said that you would doubt it very much that you would boycott and that was only the end of the season so I think the fact you would even consider changing your mind now shows how much worse things have become even since our last few games of the season.

What I dont understand is why we keep hearing that the club dont need a managerial appointment for a while yet as preseason only begins in July. That in itself is a worrying way to look at our preparation for next season because surely the sooner we get someone appointed the longer it gives the new manager time to sort out some of the mess that the team is in.

I really am starting to suspect that the board want any player sales done before a new manager can come in and say he doesn't want to sell a particular player.

I'm beginning to think that the fire sale the board claimed wouldn't happen is around the corner.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2010, 11:34:32 PM »
Europa League third round qualifier 1st leg 29th July. I guess there's no rush then. Afterall, it's not like the new manager will need time to decide who to buy.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2010, 11:43:52 PM »
Europa League third round qualifier 1st leg 29th July. I guess there's no rush then. Afterall, it's not like the new manager will need time to decide who to buy.

I actually cant take the sad state at the club much more. Hicks, Gillett and the board have destroyed the experience of supporting Liverpool.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2010, 12:43:45 PM »
I actually cant take the sad state at the club much more. Hicks, Gillett and the board have destroyed the experience of supporting Liverpool.

Juan, they are a temporary blip in our proud history. They may be able to take our money and sell our players. That as fans we have no control over, but you mustn't let them take your spirit and love of the club. That is entirely in your control.
We are the club, the fans and players like Carra and Pepe. They are not. They're just a stain that unfortunately is associated with the club presently. 

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2010, 01:57:04 PM »
They may be able to take our money and sell our players.

cue makeup for Tes.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2010, 06:27:35 PM »
cue makeup for Tes.

Only at weekends............. ;D

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2010, 10:24:51 PM »
Javier Mascherano's agent claims Liverpool want to offload Argentine to Inter Milan

Last updated at 7:07 PM on 18th June 2010

Javier Mascherano's agent says Liverpool want to sell the midfielder to Inter Milan.

The Argentina captain is set to follow former manager Rafa Benitez with preliminary talks already arranged but the Anfield club may dispute they are willing sellers.

The 25-year-old is still a crowd favourite at Anfield even though he has put off contract talks but Liverpool need to raise cash to provide their new manager with any chance of competing in the transfer window - and persuading other stars to stay.

Liverpool would want close to £30m for Mascherano and his agent Marco Piccioli said: 'Look, I can tell you that there is a desire from Liverpool to negotiate the player’s sale and the player is ready to join Inter and work with Benitez again.

'It’s true that I have spoken to Inter’s Marco Branca over the phone and we have agreed to meet up to discuss the situation.'

Piccioli's comments come as Real Madrid take stock of their bid for Steven Gerrard.

Real believe he is over priced at £25m and are considering switching attentions to Roma's Daniele de Rossi. However, scouts still came back with impressive reports on Gerrard following his performance for England last week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1287744/Javier-Mascheranos-agent-claims-Liverpool-want-offload-Argentine-Inter-Milan.html?ITO=1490

Meanwhile, Masch is so desperate to stay he's learning Italian.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2010, 03:33:52 PM »
the agent is preparing the liverpool fans for the switch.

monster goes, benni goes.

and captain marvel and torres steadfastly refusing to discuss their liverpool futures all summer, is a clear sign that they are probably on the way out too.

rats leaving a sinking ship.

maybe riera wasn't so far off, in his analysis of the club, way back at the start of the year.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2010, 10:40:11 PM »
maybe riera wasn't so far off, in his analysis of the club, way back at the start of the year.

Dude, I wouldn't give Riera any credit. It was the rant of a bitter, feeble minded player, having a go at a manager, who surprise surprise, wasn't selecting him.

I feel for players like Gerrard and Torres who have seen their chance of being part of the history of a club with such an illustrious history destroyed by a pair of uber c@nts.

Masch on the other hand won't understand the meaning of loyalty any better in Italian than he does in English.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2010, 10:05:27 PM »
Purslow - Insua wants to stay

By Simone Bargellini   Last updated: 21st June 2010

Liverpool general director Christian Purslow has revealed that Emiliano Insua does not want to leave the club, despite speculation over his future.

The 21-year-old left-back has not had the best of times since moving to Anfield in 2007, and has an uncertain future at the club now that Rafa Benitez has left.

A new Reds manager has yet to be unveiled, and Purslow insists that any discussions on Insua's future will have to wait.

"At this moment the only objective of the club is to find a new coach and then evaluate the whole roster of players with him," he told calciomercato.com.

"I cannot confirm the interest of Fiorentina for Insua, even if in Italy he is highly regarded, for example at Lazio who last season often came to view him in person.

"I don't think the player wants to leave Liverpool. When and where he'll do this request, regardless of the difficulties of the club, we'll talk.

"I exclude at the moment that everything can be resolved within a few days."

Insua, an Argentina international, moved to Liverpool from Boca Juniors but has not set the Premier League alight since his transfer.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6218740,00.html

Either this is a translation by a non English speaking Sky employee (Sky have been babelfished) or Pursestrings has been at the sherry - "When and where he'll do this request, regardless of the difficulties of the club, we'll talk.

I exclude at the moment that everything can be resolved within a few days
" - what does that even mean?

wittsy

« Reply #224 on: June 23, 2010, 12:07:40 AM »
Here we go.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6223880,00.html

our one signing to be is looking else where...

Jas