November 26, 2020, 12:32:49 AM

Author Topic: Summer transfer window thread  (Read 141770 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Summer transfer window thread
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2010, 12:10:26 AM »
Milan Jovanovic may pull out of Liverpool move to join Internazionale

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 22 June 2010 21.48 BST

Milan Jovanovic has revealed he could pull out of his move to Liverpool.

The Serbia striker, whose contract at Standard Liège came to an end this summer, signed a pre-contract agreement with Liverpool in February.

However, speculation has been rife that the former Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez, now at Internazionale, would attempt to ambush the deal, and Jovanovic has hinted he could decide to follow Benítez to the Milanese club.

"There is an agreement signed with Liverpool, but if either party wants to end it, it's not impossible," said the 29-year-old in quotes reported on the Italian website Tuttomercatoweb.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/22/milan-jovanovic-liverpool-internazionale

Priceless. If true, this rat hasn't even got on the sinking ship before he's decided to leave.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2010, 12:13:39 AM »
Here we go.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6223880,00.html

our one signing to be is looking else where...

Jas

Jas, you just beat me to it. It's all over everywhere now. He's one I won't shed tears over. And yet still our management don't see the problem with us having no manager.

wittsy

« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2010, 12:17:49 AM »
I just can't believe they haven't at least put a temp manager in just so business can be done. I'm really confused by their behaviour.

Jas

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2010, 12:29:37 AM »
I just can't believe they haven't at least put a temp manager in just so business can be done. I'm really confused by their behaviour.

Jas

Jas, it's the Liverpool Way circa 2010. Kenny should have been given an executive role in charge of all footballing decisions. If he sees fit to sell or buy, then he does so. The new manager/coach then comes in and works with what is there. At least the squad could have been partially re-shaped. As it is there'll be no time to replace the departures unless the new manager has an encyclopaedic knowledge with which to dive straight in and start re-shaping the squad. 

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2010, 08:01:45 PM »

Jas

I suspect as well as saving a few pounds in salary, that they key reason is, they want to take one or two major transfer decisions BEFORE the new boss gets installed.....I'm thinking of Monster and Torres.....maybe gerrard too.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2010, 08:50:15 PM »

I suspect as well as saving a few pounds in salary, that they key reason is, they want to take one or two major transfer decisions BEFORE the new boss gets installed.....I'm thinking of Monster and Torres.....maybe gerrard too.

They must be hating the damn World Cup, having to wait even longer to sort things out. Still, they'll use it as an excuse. "By the time they returned from the World Cup and they all informed us that they wished to leave, there just wasn't the time to sort out replacements". At least that would give us a huge transfer budget in January or next Summer. Then again, probably not.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2010, 09:46:22 PM »
They must be hating the damn World Cup, having to wait even longer to sort things out. Still, they'll use it as an excuse. "By the time they returned from the World Cup and they all informed us that they wished to leave, there just wasn't the time to sort out replacements". At least that would give us a huge transfer budget in January or next Summer. Then again, probably not.

yes Tes.....saving money, with no time for new guys to come in.

but when we finish 8th to 10th next season, the yanks and banks, are gonna have a real good chance to refocus. 

800 million  ;D      yeah right.....much closer to 80 million of worth.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2010, 06:12:32 PM »
£5M ANFIELD OFFER FOR BOUGHERRA

Saturday June 26,2010  By Iain Macfarlane

LIVERPOOL have agreed to splash out £5million on Rangers stopper Madjid Bougherra.

German aces Hamburg will today submit a written offer of around £4.8m for the in-demand Algerian defender.

Now Bougherra’s final destination will hinge on crunch talks between the player and Rangers chief executive Martin Bain in the days ahead.

Express Sport has learned an agreement in principle has been struck between Bougherra’s agents and the Anfield club. The player’s representatives – acting with the full knowledge of Gers powerbroker Bain – met with a top firm of lawyers acting on behalf of Liverpool in London on Tuesday.

As a result of that meeting, the Premiership giants gave a written undertaking to pay a fee of £5m and meet the 27-year-old’s wage demands.

On Wednesday, Cologne-based agent Andreas Mueller met with Hamburg president Bernd Hoffmann to discuss a rival bid from the German outfit. Hoffman discussed the plan with his fellow board of directors last night and a formal offer is expected to be presented to the Bougherra delegation today.

Agent Mueller confirmed: “I spoke with Martin Bain at Rangers to make sure that everything was being done with their knowledge.

“For us it was important that Rangers were aware of talks and informed every step of the way. Rangers have said that they are interested in doing business if the figures are right.

“It was explained by Rangers that a fee in the region of £5.5m would be an acceptable level for them to do business and we have acted on this information.

“My company have since had a meeting with lawyers working for Liverpool and we have a document confirming they are willing to pay £5m for Bougherra.

“Hamburg are prepared to offer 5.5m euros for the player and a written offer should be with us over the weekend.
“Madjid was first of all interested in the German option, but Liverpool is a very strong club.”

Rangers have reluctantly agreed to sell Bougherra because of the profit margin and also the fact that Davie Weir, above, is expected to pen a new deal.

The sale of Bougherra might also allow Rangers to snub bids for kid defender Danny Wilson.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/183232/-5m-Anfield-offer-for-Bougherra

:'(

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 26, 2010, 11:08:44 PM »
Liverpool snub Rafa Benitez over £25m Javier Mascherano with Barcelona preparing to pounce

By Joe Bernstein
Last updated at 10:11 PM on 26th June 2010

Liverpool plan to take revenge on Rafa Benitez by selling Argentina captain Javier Mascherano to Barcelona instead of Inter Milan, their former boss’s new club.

On the day Liverpool were linked with French World Cup-winning captain Didier Deschamps to fill the managerial vacancy for which Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is still favourite, Barcelona emerged as the club most likely to sign Mascherano for £25million.

The Spanish champions will fund the deal by selling Yaya Toure to Manchester City for £25m.

The news will be received badly by Benitez, who signed Mascherano for Liverpool in 2008. He wanted the player at the San Siro but will instead pay for falling out with the Liverpool hierarchy before he left for Italy.

Mascherano, who has wanted to move for 12 months, refused to sign a new contract and continued off-field unrest will not persuade him to change his mind.

Liverpool’s pursuit of Hodgson has not been finalised and defeat for England today may mean the Fulham boss might prefer to become a candidate to succeed Fabio Capello should the Italian move on.

Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow sounded out Marseille to find out if they would allow boss Deschamps to speak about a possible move.

The French club’s president, Jean-Claude Dassier, revealed: ‘I kindly indicated to him there wasn’t the slightest chance to pinch our coach. Even in his dreams.

'We have a trusting relationship with Didier. I’m not worried but it’s also true he is flattered to see a great European club interested in him.’

Uncertainty at Liverpool has increased, with owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett in talks to sell the club to an unnamed party from the Middle East.

The asking price has dropped to about £560m from an original valuation of £800m and the new owners are likely to target Guus Hiddink if the manager’s post has not been filled.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1289894/Liverpool-snub-Rafa-Benitez-25m-Javier-Mascherano-Barcelona-preparing-pounce.html?ITO=1490

So Joe Bernstein's received the text.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2010, 11:35:23 PM »
bloddy ell - 560 million...........are they mad.

who has that type of money to burn?

they must be loaded.

and hiddink too.

I'm off to the funny farm for more happy pills.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 26, 2010, 11:54:12 PM »
Dude, if they believed in the validity of the story why is it a few lines tacked on to the end of an 'article' - it would be the story.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2010, 01:11:36 AM »
Dude, if they believed in the validity of the story why is it a few lines tacked on to the end of an 'article' - it would be the story.

excatly, tes

and it's  the same format over at the express....hodgson story, and they tag on that we are in talks with DIC for 500 million.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2010, 09:12:50 AM »
excatly, tes

and it's  the same format over at the express....hodgson story, and they tag on that we are in talks with DIC for 500 million.

They undermine their own credibility by mentioning DIC. They're pretty much on the edge of being wound up in Dubai because of the amount they owe. They've been selling off chunks of their portfolio wherever they can. Al Ansari has left DIC completely after changing position a couple of times since last September .

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2010, 09:40:07 AM »
They undermine their own credibility by mentioning DIC. They're pretty much on the edge of being wound up in Dubai because of the amount they owe. They've been selling off chunks of their portfolio wherever they can. Al Ansari has left DIC completely after changing position a couple of times since last September .

Dubai’s debt-laden private equity group faces closure

Ben Marlow  June 6, 2010

Dubai’s ambitious attempts to build an overseas investment empire to rival Europe’s biggest private equity firms could soon come to an embarrassing end.

Dubai International Capital (DIC), the international investment arm of the Dubai government that once tried to buy Liverpool football club, could be forced to wind itself up.

DIC has debts of $2.5 billion (£1.7 billion). A $1.2 billion loan is due this month but the fund has asked creditors to approve a three-month extension. Its lenders, which include HSBC, are expected to push for the fund to sell its assets to raise the money. The banks have appointed Deloitte, the accountancy firm, to advise on their options. DIC owns several big companies in Britain, including Travelodge, the budget hotel chain, and Doncasters, the engineering firm.

DIC is unlikely to be bailed out by the Dubai government, which is facing its own debt crisis. In 2009, Dubai World, the state-owned conglomerate, caused chaos when it admitted it was unable to repay its debts. Abu Dhabi, its oil-rich neighbour, was forced to step in with $20 billion of bailout loans.

The move to wind up DIC would be the latest blow to Dubai’s international ambitions.

DIC was set up in 2005 to compete for deals with Europe’s biggest buyout houses. It snapped up a string of companies in its attempt to build a portfolio that would rival established private equity firms.

However, many assets were bought at high prices at the top of the boom. DIC was one of the private equity firms hardest hit by the crunch. Deals structured with large debt packages and little equity soon ran into trouble and DIC was forced to inject fresh capital into, among others, Travelodge and Doncasters.

As well as its move for Liverpool in 2007, DIC acquired Alliance Medical for £600m and Almatis and Mauser in Germany for $1.2 billion and $850m, respectively.

The banks are unlikely to push for a fire sale of assets, preferring to wait until prices rebound, when they will stand a better chance of recouping their cash.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article7144803.ece

Seems highly unlikely Broughton would be talking to DIC. So add journalists to the list of people who don't use Google.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 27, 2010, 05:28:43 PM »
yes, so often we see newpapers and journalists caught out now.

the public has so much power and information at heir own fingertips.......and it's often easy to nail media lies very quickly and easily.

and poor old DIC - how the mighty have fallen.  What now, for those who slammed David Moores for not selling to DIC.