December 02, 2020, 09:42:27 AM

Author Topic: Summer transfer window thread  (Read 142204 times)

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Summer transfer window thread
« Reply #255 on: July 04, 2010, 11:13:32 PM »
Noises coming from Nandos agent are not good  :'(, lets just hope his comments were taken out of context or misinterpreted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1292004/Fernando-Torres-set-Liverpool-exit-agent-admits-Premier-League-big-boys-interested.html

Fernando Torres set for Liverpool exit as agent admits Premier League big boys are interested

By Simon Cass
Last updated at 10:27 PM on 4th July 2010

Fernando Torres appeared on the verge of leaving Liverpool on Sunday night after his agent indicated the striker is bound for another Premier League club.

Chelsea are at the front of the queue to sign the Spaniard and Manchester City also showed interest before moving on to other targets when they got little encouragement from the 26-year-old.

Agent Jose Antonio Martin said: ‘It is very likely that Fernando Torres will stay in the Premier League, but I cannot say that it will be with Liverpool. We are working on his future but right now you cannot guarantee that he will stay with the English club.’
Pastures new: Fernando Torres' agent claims the striker could leave Liverpool for another Premier League team

Barcelona have been linked with a move for Torres, but Martin made it clear they will not challenge Chelsea for Torres’ signature.

‘It is ruled out,’ said Martin. ‘Barcelona have signed David Villa and now they want to invest the money they have in other players.’

Sportsmail revealed in May that Torres was a £70million target for Chelsea and, despite Roy Hodgson insisting he would do all he could to keep the Spaniard and Steven Gerrard, the new Liverpool manager could offer no guarantees.

Having already sold Yossi Benayoun to Chelsea, Hodgson would prefer to raise funds for his squad rebuilding by selling the likes of Javier Mascherano and Albert Riera.

But Hodgson knows such is the state of Liverpool’s finances — their debt is £472.5m — a big offer from either Chelsea or City for Torres will be almost impossible to turn down.

Torres says talk about his future must wait until Spain’s World Cup campaign is over.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 04, 2010, 11:36:26 PM »
Fernando will be a liverpool player next season dont worry about that. Whether he is the following year is another question :'(

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 04, 2010, 11:43:26 PM »
Fernando will be a liverpool player next season dont worry about that. Whether he is the following year is another question :'(

I hope your right Kopite, with a new manager in and a takeover possibly in the offing it would be such a pity to lose him now. Plus I would never sell him to a rival club.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 05, 2010, 12:00:10 AM »
As a Geordie AND a footballer to have mastered grunting is a fair feat. Still don't want him.

I was impressed with the pair of Mensahs that were the central defensive partnership for Ghana.

Having a Mensah would give us the most intelligent defence in the league. Beats Steven 'Grunt' Taylor any week of the day.

;D ;D ;D

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2010, 09:14:12 AM »
Noises coming from Nandos agent are not good  :'(, lets just hope his comments were taken out of context or misinterpreted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1292004/Fernando-Torres-set-Liverpool-exit-agent-admits-Premier-League-big-boys-interested.html

Fernando Torres set for Liverpool exit as agent admits Premier League big boys are interested

By Simon Cass
Last updated at 10:27 PM on 4th July 2010

Fernando Torres appeared on the verge of leaving Liverpool on Sunday night after his agent indicated the striker is bound for another Premier League club.

Chelsea are at the front of the queue to sign the Spaniard and Manchester City also showed interest before moving on to other targets when they got little encouragement from the 26-year-old.

Agent Jose Antonio Martin said: ‘It is very likely that Fernando Torres will stay in the Premier League, but I cannot say that it will be with Liverpool. We are working on his future but right now you cannot guarantee that he will stay with the English club.’
Pastures new: Fernando Torres' agent claims the striker could leave Liverpool for another Premier League team

Barcelona have been linked with a move for Torres, but Martin made it clear they will not challenge Chelsea for Torres’ signature.

‘It is ruled out,’ said Martin. ‘Barcelona have signed David Villa and now they want to invest the money they have in other players.’

Sportsmail revealed in May that Torres was a £70million target for Chelsea and, despite Roy Hodgson insisting he would do all he could to keep the Spaniard and Steven Gerrard, the new Liverpool manager could offer no guarantees.

Having already sold Yossi Benayoun to Chelsea, Hodgson would prefer to raise funds for his squad rebuilding by selling the likes of Javier Mascherano and Albert Riera.

But Hodgson knows such is the state of Liverpool’s finances — their debt is £472.5m — a big offer from either Chelsea or City for Torres will be almost impossible to turn down.

Torres says talk about his future must wait until Spain’s World Cup campaign is over.

Yet another gobby agent. We need to insert a 'your agent will be seen and not heard' clause into players' contracts. The agent is seeing an opportunity to engineer a move for his client and a large payday for himself. I guess we'll see soon enough where Nando's loyalities lie, the club that has stood by him and given him a payrise despite not being available throughout periods of the season (and has carried over in to the following season) or his bank balance.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2010, 04:22:29 PM »
Nando's agent has just denied making the comments!!!! Like i said he's not going anywhere this year. I just hope we get new owners and see investment in players and hopefully Torres wont need to go anywhere next summer

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2010, 04:59:04 PM »
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6246013,00.html

Torres exit talk denied
Liverpool striker's agent insists remarks are false

Fernando Torres' agent has denied making the comments published in the English press on Monday regarding the striker's future at Liverpool.

Agent Jose Antonio Martin reportedly refused to commit the Spain forward's long-term future to Anfield and indicated he could move to another Premier League club.

But Martin insists he did not make the remarks and is adamant 26-year-old Torres, who is contracted at Liverpool until 2013, will remain with the Reds.

"For many months I have not spoken to the England press because their quotes are totally false," said Martin.

"Now is not the moment to speak about this issue because Torres is focused completely on his work for Spain.

"After the World Cup (player-agency company) Bahia Internacional will possibly meet with the player but the truth is that Fernando has signed a deal with Liverpool which is for the present and the future."

It was also rumoured that Torres was set for a make-or-break meeting with Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson in the coming days to discuss his future, but Bahia Internacional sources have dismissed this claim as "simple speculation".

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2010, 05:33:18 PM »
though I never thought that we could lose, there's no regrets
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2010, 05:36:33 PM »
Seems to be a bit of pattern emerging with agents.

Insert a clause into every player's contract that they will be fined two weeks wages if their agent's appear in the press. 

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2010, 06:02:19 PM »
agents and media - I blame them both.

they all need and feed off each other.

look at all the supposed players that hodgson is linked with - we all know roy is a very private man......so I would bet that 95 percent of these stories (eg. linking us to ashley young, danny murphy, hangeland, etc) are made up bogus crap.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2010, 06:08:46 PM »
Nando's agent has just denied making the comments!!!! Like i said he's not going anywhere this year. I just hope we get new owners and see investment in players and hopefully Torres wont need to go anywhere next summer

Thankfully it does look like rubbish. The sooner we get Nando back at the club the better.

The People once again mentions that there is a bid from the Dubai group on the table but the club has to lower their asking price. Doesn't look like theres much to the story though and it doesn't exactly tie in with what Martin Broughton said last week.

Roll on July

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2010, 11:11:36 PM »
Thankfully it does look like rubbish. The sooner we get Nando back at the club the better.

The People once again mentions that there is a bid from the Dubai group on the table but the club has to lower their asking price. Doesn't look like theres much to the story though and it doesn't exactly tie in with what Martin Broughton said last week.

Roll on July

This seems to stem from the alleged £500M offer from a couple of years ago that was 'left on the table'. Who knows whether there was even an offer or whether it was Hicks' PR talking about turning down £500M in attempt to make the club appear even more valuable.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 06, 2010, 12:53:33 AM »
agents and media - I blame them both.

they all need and feed off each other.

look at all the supposed players that hodgson is linked with - we all know roy is a very private man......so I would bet that 95 percent of these stories (eg. linking us to ashley young, danny murphy, hangeland, etc) are made up bogus crap.

Look at the number of players we got linked with last summer and how many did we sign 2 Aquillani and Johnson. The tabloids are predominantly daily lies with the odd story having a hint of truth.

It will be interesting to see who Hodgson goes for. He needs to be astute with the little cash hes got.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 06, 2010, 09:09:28 AM »
Look at the number of players we got linked with last summer and how many did we sign 2 Aquillani and Johnson. The tabloids are predominantly daily lies with the odd story having a hint of truth.

exactly, Juan.

and the internet/forum era has allowed us to see through the deceit of journalists/newspapers.

there are a few genuine contacts/sources......but the rest in the media are just feeders and regurgitators. 

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2010, 09:56:15 AM »
Transfer Talk: Liverpool set sights on Figueroa

By Ian Herbert  Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Liverpool

The club are believed to be interested in bringing Wigan's Honduran left-back Maynor Figueroa (pictured) to Anfield to solve their defensive problems. The Reds had to depend upon the young Argentinian defender Emiliano Insua last season after injury limited regular full-back Fabio Aurelio to just 14 league appearances. New Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is also looking at Cardiff's promising midfielder Joe Ledley, who has also aroused the interest of Stoke.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-talk-liverpool-set-sights-on-figueroa-2019210.html

Joe Ledley is an interesting one. Available on a free (about£750K compensation due to his age). He would be a very sound squad player with the ability to improve a lot with better players around him.

Graham Dorrans at WBA would be another one. He's Scottish so doesn't automatically fall under the 'homegrown' rule on nationality but may be regarded as such on his time registered with an English club.

There are quite a few players that have been signed by smaller clubs who have gone on to do well, doubled or tripled their value and the big clubs have then become interested. We need to be looking at those sort of players and get them whilst they are cheap and develop them ourselves.