November 26, 2020, 01:52:45 AM

Author Topic: Summer transfer window thread  (Read 141822 times)

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Summer transfer window thread
« Reply #270 on: July 06, 2010, 12:36:01 PM »
 Fernando Torres' agent has denied making the comments published in the English press on Monday regarding the striker's future at Liverpool.

Agent Jose Antonio Martin reportedly refused to commit the Spain forward's long-term future to Anfield and indicated he could move to another Premier League club.

But Martin insists he did not make the remarks and is adamant 26-year-old Torres, who is contracted at Liverpool until 2013, will remain with the Reds.

"For many months I have not spoken to the England press because their quotes are totally false," said Martin.

Hmmm so i wonder if the journalist who made this up is either a chelski, manure or citeh fan...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 06, 2010, 03:23:11 PM »
Ayala heading back to Spain

By Razwan Mirza   Last updated: 4th July 2010 

Liverpool defender Dani Ayala is set for a season-long loan move to Spanish second division club Real Valladolid, with a view to a permanent move.

The youngster joined the Anfield club from Sevilla back in September 2007 and Reds reserve team coach John McMahon claimed that the 19-year-old had all the attributes to succeed.

However, the hot Spanish prospect only has one year left on his contract and, following Rafa Benitez's move to Spain, he is now excited to be possibly returning to his homeland with Valladolid, who were relegated from La Liga last season.

"Right now I am waiting to see what my future is because I don't know what will happen now Benitez has left. I am happy at Liverpool but I would be very excited to play in Spain," he said in The People.

Ayala made five appearances for Liverpool last season, starting two games, against Stoke and Burnley.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6244584,00.html

This sort of thing really irks me. Firstly, why send him to a Spanish second division side? Surely he'd be better off playing in the Championship and getting used to English football and not the more gentile Spanish variety.
Secondly, why does he want to go back to Spain just because Rafa's gone? Is Rafa his Dad? Did Rafa give him heaps of chances in the first team? Has Roy said those without UK passports won't get a look in?

It's a shame the likes of Itandje and Plessis aren't in such an indecent haste to head for the exit. 
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2010, 12:50:39 AM »
Firstly I never realised Klose was only 32 and secondly I didnt realise Bayern were at one stage letting him go on a free.

Could be worth a two year contract given our financial predicament.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1292580/West-Ham-miss-free-deal-sign-Miroslav-Klose.html

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 07, 2010, 11:26:40 AM »
Firstly I never realised Klose was only 32 and secondly I didnt realise Bayern were at one stage letting him go on a free.

Could be worth a two year contract given our financial predicament.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1292580/West-Ham-miss-free-deal-sign-Miroslav-Klose.html

Klose was woeful for Bayern last season. He's a true tournament player.
I think he'd do OK in the Premier league. He's got enough strength to deal with the neanderthals and would have no problem out manoeuvering and out thinking them.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 07, 2010, 12:17:04 PM »
Klose was woeful for Bayern last season. He's a true tournament player.
I think he'd do OK in the Premier league. He's got enough strength to deal with the neanderthals and would have no problem out manoeuvering and out thinking them.

Agreed Tes he was woeful last year, didnt play too many games but didnt do overly well when he did play. I saw a bit about Klose on tv and they were suggesting hes not overly liked by the fans at Bayern but hes loved by the German fans so that maybe why Germany seem to get the best out of him.

Based on the WC alone I would definitely be willing to give him a shot. When you think Santa Cruz never did much at Bayern, he rarely got more than 6 or 7 goals in a season yet in his first season at Blackburn he got 20.

IMHO worth a punt.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 07, 2010, 12:28:04 PM »
TBH anyones worth a punt considering the lack of quality forwards in our squad

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 07, 2010, 12:49:31 PM »
klose was someone I wanted at anfield for the past 10 years.

but he's now too old for risking anything more than a one or two year contract on.   BUT I believe he's possibly the highest paid player in germany - 140 grand (unsure if euros or pounds) a week.  Even on a free, he won't be a steal.  At his age and in a fierce, fast moving league, he would be a risk.

as tes and juan have said, he is a big tournament player.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 07, 2010, 02:28:41 PM »
Klose would have been brilliant 2 years ago after the euro champs.....however i think he's a player who responds to crowds and managers faith...i think he would be a worthy addition and he could turn out to be as important as a certain gary mcallister...

P.s oh and he's signable for a low fee...

p.p.s and probably willing to sign a 2 year only deal...what could we lose?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 02:30:22 PM by barticus »

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 07, 2010, 05:10:24 PM »
Klose would have been brilliant 2 years ago after the euro champs.....however i think he's a player who responds to crowds and managers faith...i think he would be a worthy addition and he could turn out to be as important as a certain gary mcallister...

About £10 million for the players salary over 2 years

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 07, 2010, 06:39:06 PM »

About £10 million for the players salary over 2 years

he scored just six goals in 38 appearances last season for bayern.

if he replicated that form over a 2 year contract at anfield, then each goal for Liverpool would be costing us nearly one million pounds each.

like I said previously, I've always been a big fan of Klose......but his wages at this point in his career are ridiculous.  I'd imagine Bayern, especially after his past season's efforts, are glad to have him off their books this summer.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 07, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »
he scored just six goals in 38 appearances last season for bayern.

if he replicated that form over a 2 year contract at anfield, then each goal for Liverpool would be costing us nearly one million pounds each.

like I said previously, I've always been a big fan of Klose......but his wages at this point in his career are ridiculous.  I'd imagine Bayern, especially after his past season's efforts, are glad to have him off their books this summer.

There would be no sense in paying Klose Torres wages. I still think he would be a decent signing on realistic wages and little or no transfer fee.

Dude that 38 games played stat is a bit deceiving. He played 25 in the league and only 11 of those were where he started the game. He didnt have a good season but its a bit of a similar situation to santa cruz when he was there, rarely got more than 5 or 6 goals a season and got 20 for blackburn on his first season. Also someone or other on tv today was saying how he was never liked by the Bayern fans and that he needs to be at a club wheres he wanted.

I'd give him a 2 year contract for 60 grand a week if we got him for 1.5 million quid or less. In the right team he can score goals as hes proving again with Germany.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 07, 2010, 07:16:12 PM »
There would be no sense in paying Klose Torres wages. I still think he would be a decent signing on realistic wages and little or no transfer fee.

Dude that 38 games played stat is a bit deceiving. He played 25 in the league and only 11 of those were where he started the game. He didnt have a good season but its a bit of a similar situation to santa cruz when he was there, rarely got more than 5 or 6 goals a season and got 20 for blackburn on his first season. Also someone or other on tv today was saying how he was never liked by the Bayern fans and that he needs to be at a club wheres he wanted.

I'd give him a 2 year contract for 60 grand a week if we got him for 1.5 million quid or less. In the right team he can score goals as hes proving again with Germany.

Klose will be looking for one last big pay day, I imagine. 

He's had limited success at bayern........these past 3 seasons, he's scored only 23 goals in 78 appearances (some as you say, from the bench).

I learned over the years, and it is a rule of thumb for me......never buy a player based merely on his performances in a tournament (i.e. the euros or a world cup)

his club career has been on a downward path now for some time.  If he were to come to the far more competitive English premiership, he may struggle even more.

look at how Fernando Morientes flopped at Liverpool - 12 goals in 61 appearances.  He cost something like 6 million quid  IIRC......with his wages on top (let's guess 60 grand a week), his goals cost us some 1.5 million per goal.  A financial disaster for the club. 

Andry Shevchenko was also a massive flop at Chelsea.

No, Klose will be out for one big final pay day. 

Newcastle would be a good destination.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 07, 2010, 11:20:09 PM »
West Brom add Liverpool striker David Ngog to list of loan targets

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 9:24 PM on 7th July 2010

West Bromwich Albion are interested in signing Liverpool striker David Ngog on a season-long loan.
West Brom boss Roberto Di Matteo is looking for a striker who can help keep the Baggies avoid relegation in their first season back in the Barclays Premier League and Ngog fit the bill.
The 21-year-old is still part of Liverpool’s plans but they may be willing to loan him out once they sort out Fernando Torres’s future and Bryan Ruiz from FC Twente.

Manager Roy Hodgson is also keen on Inter Milan’s Rene Krhin, 20.

Albion, though, are struggling to find a striker.

They have made an offer to West Ham and Fulham target Frederic Piquionne and have also expressed interest in taking Hamburg striker Marcus Berg, 23, on loan.
Fulham, who are talking to Valencia full back Miguel over a £1.6m switch, are also considering a move for Berg.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1292756/West-Brom-add-Liverpool-striker-David-Ngog-list-loan-targets.html

This could be a terrific move for everyone. If he gets to play regularly, gains experience and improves accordingly it will benefit us. If not we should still get more than our money back even if he proves just to be so so.
Also Di Matteo is a terrific manager and playing under him will do N'Gog the world of good.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2010, 10:13:45 AM »
Liverpool blow as agent admits Javier Mascherano would welcome Rafa Benitez reunion at Inter Milan

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 8:48 AM on 8th July 2010

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has a battle on his hands to keep Javier Mascherano at the club after the midfielder's agent hinted he is keen on following Rafa Benitez to Italy.

Benitez is in charge of Inter Milan and is known to want Argentina skipper Mascherano.

The Spaniard placed a £50million price tag on the player's head when Barcelona were interested last summer but will fancy his chances of landing his top target for around half that.

Marco Piccioli, Mascherano's agent said: 'I know Javier and Benitez have a great relationship. Sometimes that's not enough but we will see. A deal can only happen towards the latter part of the transfer market, that's my vision at least.'

New Reds manager Hodgson is already sweating over captain Steven Gerrard and star striker Fernando Torres.

Real Madrid want Gerrard while Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona have been linked with a move for Torres once the World Cup is finished.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1293012/Agent-admits-Javier-Mascherano-welcome-Rafa-Benitez-reunion-Inter-Milan.html

My biggest worry with the potential sales of Gerrard, Torres and Masch is that they will happen too late in the window for the manager to use (some of) the money to get replacements in. As we can't afford to buy first then recoup later, we're relying on sales to make purchases. Chelsea or City could wipe us out as a rival by buying right at the last minute and leaving us unable to replace. Of course, I imagine the Toxics would love this as it would give them the perfect excuse to use the money to pay down the bank debt and Pursestrings would then simply tell the world that there wasn't enough time to get replacements.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 08, 2010, 01:15:01 PM »
Dan Gosling takes flight! Everton in shock as starlet eyes move to West Ham

By John Edwards   Last updated at 10:48 AM on 8th July 2010

Dan Gosling is hunting around for the biggest pay day possible having held talks with Newcastle after stunning his Everton bosses by taking them on at a Premier League tribunal and securing an acrimonious release from Goodison Park.

West Ham hoped to close a quick deal to sign Gosling on a free transfer but Newcastle are confident they will land the talented midfielder following talks yesterday.

Gosling, 20, left Everton chiefs furious and dismayed by successfully arguing he was entitled to a free transfer after they failed to put a contract offer in writing by a cutoff date in the middle of May.

The Goodison club last night launched an official appeal to the Premier League although sources say it is doomed to failure. Everton chairman Bill Kenwright and manager David Moyes both had to submit statements to the Premier League panel and have been left fuming — not only at the out come but at Gosling’s conduct.

A Premier League statement read: 'An independent hearing, convened under Premier League Rules, was held last week to look into the contractual status of Dan Gosling," said a statement released by the Premier League.

'Having looked into the matter, and considered the arguments of both Everton and the player, it was determined that the player is unattached and entitled to a free transfer.

'This is subject to a right of appeal by Everton which must be brought within 14 days of the decision.'

Moyes signed him from Plymouth two-and-a-half years ago and is aghast that he has rejected a pay deal worth around £15,000 a week over the next two years after indicating it would be accepted.

Everton would have handed him a five-year contract on his arrival from Home Park, but players under 20 are forbidden from signing for that long.

The two parties settled for an initial three-year deal, with an understanding it would be extended for a further two seasons on substantially improved terms.

With bonuses, he could have taken his earnings beyond £15,000 a week next season, yet he left Everton chiefs reeling by claiming he had been undervalued on and off the pitch.

He evidently feels he merits a regular starting place in his favoured central midfield role and, just as remarkably, should be on terms comparable to the £25,000 a week recently awarded to his Everton and England Under 21 team-mate, Jack Rodwell.

Everton will now miss out on compensation that could have been as much as £4million because they did not put their offer in writing, but deny being guilty of an administrative blunder.

They insist similar deals in the past, with the likes of Wayne Rooney and Rodwell, have been based on mutual trust and that a similar gentleman’s agreement existed with Gosling, who faces another four months on the sidelines with a knee injury.

The feeling within Goodison is that putting their offer in writing should not have been necessary, given the favourable feedback from Gosling.

They feel they would have been powerless to prevent him quitting once he changed his mind, anyway. The club would have been due compensation but could not have forced him to stay.

It is a bitter blow for Moyes, who also faces unwanted disruption over the future of key midfielders Mikel Arteta and Steven Pienaar.

Mindful that Manchester City’s drawn-out pursuit of Joleon Lescott proved a costly distraction last summer, Moyes was desperate to avoid any off-field wrangling as he launched his preparations for the season with a trip to Australia.

His hopes have been dashed by continuing uncertainty over two of his most creative players.

Pienaar is yet to commit to a new contract that would give him parity with Everton’s highest earners and Goodison’s hierarchy are bracing themselves for an approach by Manchester City for Arteta.

Pienaar stalled on Everton’s £55,000-a-week offer at the end of last season and headed home to South Africa in the belief that a high-profile World Cup campaign might persuade Manchester United or Tottenham to sign him.

Everton have yet to receive an offer and fear the 28-year-old may see out the final season of his contract and then leave.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1292869/Dan-Gosling-takes-flight-Everton-shock-starlet-eyes-West-Ham.html

He could be a very useful midfield addition and if he doesn't work out then we could sell for a few £ next Summer to boost our transfer kitty.