November 26, 2020, 01:15:53 AM

Author Topic: Summer transfer window thread  (Read 141797 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Summer transfer window thread
« Reply #390 on: July 25, 2010, 08:25:41 PM »
;D ;D

like they say, no cole without fire.

Hence Newcastle being so cold.

Talking of which, what's happened to BWM?
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 25, 2010, 08:45:25 PM »
Hence Newcastle being so cold.

Talking of which, what's happened to BWM?

another great british institution lost to the germans.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 25, 2010, 08:49:16 PM »
another great british institution lost to the germans.

I wonder if BWM realises he's not only a great British institution but he's also eligible for a German passport.

BandWMisery

« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2010, 10:13:54 AM »
I'm about still watching the transitions in football less miserable this year but pretty much in a similar place to you lot. Though failure to invest for us will likely lead to a yo-yo club which still makes me a little miserable. The keeping of CH to me kinda of shouts lack of ambition but he has earned the right to some time.

So really pretty similar place to your selves, minus the losing of stars(lol which we don't have) I just hope the spirit we played with last season will be enough to keep us out of the relegation battle. Sadly IMO we have a worse side than the one that took us down and looks likely there will be little funds to strengthen but there is also part of me that thinks doing it with our means is a way to do it. I'm just not sure we have the base to stay out of the relegation battle to begin with I'd liked a few more key players before committing to working within financial constraints.

So I suppose a new owner is still wished for but that I think is mainly down to the model of the premier league(Meaning no funding = lack of ambition) rather than the actual lack of funding, sadly to me it would seem football has really reached a phase where the title can be bought at a cost.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2010, 02:48:11 PM »

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/agent-figueroa-close-to-reds-move

Agent: Figueroa close to Reds move

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is chasing Wigan Athletic fullback Maynor Figueroa.

The Telegraph says Hodgson is believed to be closing in on Figueroa, the Wigan and Honduras left-back.

The player will leave this summer and Liverpool remain confident of agreeing a £6 million fee.

The player's agent, Jean-Marc Goiran, has confirmed that a "deal is almost in place with Liverpool" for the 27 year-old.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 26, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/real-winger-set-for-reds

Real winger set for Reds?

Dutch midfielder Royston Drenthe is continually being linked with a move away from Real Madrid and the former Holland under-21 star has now revealed that he's set to leave Madrid for Barclays Premier League side Liverpool.

It's not yet clear whether Liverpool and Real Madrid have already agreed  terms, but Drenthe appears confident that he'll ply his trade in the Barclays Premier League next term. "I will soon be joining Liverpool. I hope I will have a good season with my new club," he is quoted as saying.

Drenthe joined Real Madrid from Feyenoord in the summer of 2007, but the left footed wing-back never really managed to secure regular first team action at the Santiago Bernabeu. Therefore, he could now be looking to relaunch his career at Liverpool.

The Reds are in the market for a new left back following the departure of Fabio Aurelio, while Emiliano Insua and Philipp Degen also appear to be on their way out of Anfield. New manager Roy Hodgson supposedly sees Drenthe as the perfect candidate to fill the void at left back.

The former Feyenoord star would be the third Dutchman at Liverpool if the transfer indeed materialises. Compatriots Ryan Babel and Dirk Kuyt are already under contract at Anfield.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 27, 2010, 12:49:12 PM »
All the rumours today suggest Figueroa and Drenthe deals are very close to happening.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 27, 2010, 12:54:59 PM »
All the rumours today suggest Figueroa and Drenthe deals are very close to happening.

Interesting. I wouldnt say no to either player. Drenthe wouldnt want to be eating up our transfer budget because he still has a lot to prove.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 27, 2010, 01:11:46 PM »
Kopite Drenthes out, his agent just issued this;

Real Madrid's Netherlands international Royston Drenthe is not on his way to Liverpool, despite reports - citing a supposed Facebook page for the player - suggesting a deal had been done. "I will soon be joining Liverpool FC. I hope I will have a good season," read the page.

However, his agent told BBC Sport: "Royston does not have a Facebook page, a Twitter page or a MySpace page. We will be taking legal action against the person who set up this false Royston Drenthe account.

"Royston is definitely staying at Real Madrid. He is happy there, he has spoken to the club directors and is looking forward to the new season at the Bernabeu."

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 27, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »
Daily Mail claiming Maxi's been told he can leave. I'd be surprised seeing as hes just signed and he didnt have the worst World Cup.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1298028/Liverpool-look-offload-midfield-misfit-Maxi-Rodriguez-Espanyol.html

Maxi Rodriguez has been told he can leave Liverpool and is expected to complete a move to Spanish side Espanyol, according to reports in the Catalan press.

New boss Roy Hodgson has deemed the Argentina midfielder surplus to requirements as he rebuilds the Reds' squad but a transfer fee could yet prove a stumbling block in any switch back to his former club, reports El Mundo Deportivo.

Espanyol are seeking a loan deal for Maxi with a view to a permanent move at the end of the season, should the player impress. Liverpool are thought to want a permanent transfer.

However, a deal could go through within a matter of days with the two clubs said to be in advanced talks.

Maxi has made just 17 appearances for Liverpool after signing a three-and-a-half-year deal in last season's January transfer window.

He spent three years playing for Espanyol between 2002-2005 before a move to the Vicente Calderon, where he fell out of favour last term before the £1.5million move to Anfield.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 27, 2010, 02:23:42 PM »
Thats a shame. I quite liked the idea of Drenthe. He's extremely quick.  But he would set us back close to 10mill the cost of Figueroa and the lad from PSV combined

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 27, 2010, 03:24:12 PM »
Daily Mail claiming Maxi's been told he can leave. I'd be surprised seeing as hes just signed and he didnt have the worst World Cup.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1298028/Liverpool-look-offload-midfield-misfit-Maxi-Rodriguez-Espanyol.html

Maxi Rodriguez has been told he can leave Liverpool and is expected to complete a move to Spanish side Espanyol, according to reports in the Catalan press.

New boss Roy Hodgson has deemed the Argentina midfielder surplus to requirements as he rebuilds the Reds' squad but a transfer fee could yet prove a stumbling block in any switch back to his former club, reports El Mundo Deportivo.

Espanyol are seeking a loan deal for Maxi with a view to a permanent move at the end of the season, should the player impress. Liverpool are thought to want a permanent transfer.

However, a deal could go through within a matter of days with the two clubs said to be in advanced talks.

Maxi has made just 17 appearances for Liverpool after signing a three-and-a-half-year deal in last season's January transfer window.

He spent three years playing for Espanyol between 2002-2005 before a move to the Vicente Calderon, where he fell out of favour last term before the £1.5million move to Anfield.

I can't understand this one. We're going to end up with too many new players trying to gell. The whole left side and cental midfield are enforced changes as it is and enough to be trying to get settled ASAP. We can manage without changing more positions. Squad depth obviously needs addressing as does the quality of the cover, but too many unenforced changes to the starting eleven will see us struggle to begin with and probably long enough to see us out of the running for any of our targetted aims for the season.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 27, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »
all media bull.shed.

parker to liverpool?  FFS  the thunderbirds can have him.  He's never been anywhere near liverpool quality.

maxi to leave?...I'll believe it when I see it. 

Woy is a smart cookie.  He isn't gonna build an entirely new first team in his first month in the hotseat.  He knows the importance of continuity....and any revolution will be a smooth one.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 27, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »
Didnt realise we were looking at this guy but as Dude says probably tabloid rubbish.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/41340/EXCLUSIVE_Agent_reveals_French_star_will_turn_down_Anfield_move.aspx

Sport.co.uk can reveal that Lyon midfielder Jeremy Toulalan will not be replacing outgoing midfielder Javier Mascherano at Anfield after his agent revealed that the French international will be staying at Olympique Lyonnais.

Toulalan, 26, was a key protagonist in France’s training strike at the World Cup and the midfielder has spoken out in regret of the squad’s actions. Toulalan was reportedly the number 1 target to replace outgoing Argentine international Javier Mascherano, however the defensive midfielder has ruled himself out of the running to replace Mascherano at Anfield.

The French midfielder has been perennially dubbed the successor to both Patrick Vieira and Claude Makelele, while being watched by a number of top clubs, including Arsenal, who had Chief French scout Gilles Grimandi monitor the player on a number of occasions.

The player’s agent Michael Manuello told Sport.co.uk in response to the Liverpool transfer report:

“No there is nothing in it. He will be staying at Lyon this summer.”

Manager Roy Hodgson will have to turn to alternative options int he transfer market, with West Ham's Scott Parker now being linked with a move to Anfield.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 27, 2010, 09:41:59 PM »
Didnt realise we were looking at this guy but as Dude says probably tabloid rubbish.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/41340/EXCLUSIVE_Agent_reveals_French_star_will_turn_down_Anfield_move.aspx

Sport.co.uk can reveal that Lyon midfielder Jeremy Toulalan will not be replacing outgoing midfielder Javier Mascherano at Anfield after his agent revealed that the French international will be staying at Olympique Lyonnais.

Toulalan, 26, was a key protagonist in France’s training strike at the World Cup and the midfielder has spoken out in regret of the squad’s actions. Toulalan was reportedly the number 1 target to replace outgoing Argentine international Javier Mascherano, however the defensive midfielder has ruled himself out of the running to replace Mascherano at Anfield.

The French midfielder has been perennially dubbed the successor to both Patrick Vieira and Claude Makelele, while being watched by a number of top clubs, including Arsenal, who had Chief French scout Gilles Grimandi monitor the player on a number of occasions.

The player’s agent Michael Manuello told Sport.co.uk in response to the Liverpool transfer report:

“No there is nothing in it. He will be staying at Lyon this summer.”

Manager Roy Hodgson will have to turn to alternative options int he transfer market, with West Ham's Scott Parker now being linked with a move to Anfield.

Never quite saw what all the fuss was about with him.

Still he's aleady got his own song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNO6pAJBCs4

Sorry about the YTM, but I love this song.