November 26, 2020, 12:30:46 AM

Author Topic: Summer transfer window thread  (Read 141769 times)

356boy

Re: Summer transfer window thread
« Reply #480 on: August 12, 2010, 12:10:51 PM »
new to the forum and not read all the posts.
joe cole fantastic signing, Jovanovic looks strong and fast, good signing i think. bring back belamy and crouch depending on price, both get goals and assists, get steven ireland in and he should go back to fulham for hangeland, yet to see what aquilani can do, must be something for that kind of money!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:18:10 PM by 356boy »

356boy

« Reply #481 on: August 12, 2010, 12:27:03 PM »
oh and i think Yoann Gourcuff would be a good signing

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 12, 2010, 04:04:34 PM »
new to the forum and not read all the posts.
joe cole fantastic signing, Jovanovic looks strong and fast, good signing i think. bring back belamy and crouch depending on price, both get goals and assists, get steven ireland in and he should go back to fulham for hangeland, yet to see what aquilani can do, must be something for that kind of money!

Welcome 365boy, good to have another member to argue with  ;).

Agree with all the above aside from Crouch, I wasnt his biggest fan while he was at Anfield and I wouldnt like to see us go back in for him. Bellamy would definitely be an interesting buy again.

As for Gourcuff, haven't seen really any of him but he seems to be interesting a few teams.  What player could you compare his style of football to?

356boy

« Reply #483 on: August 12, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »
thanks, they say hes the new zidane! nough said

356boy

« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2010, 11:22:46 AM »
and what are your thaughts on forlan?

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 13, 2010, 02:35:28 PM »
and what are your thaughts on forlan?

Since leaving United he has been brilliant.

At the World Cup he was brilliant. I would play him with Torres in a heart beat.

My only problem would be paying big big money for someone that is what 30, 31 so that is probably why I wouldnt sign him.

But if we were being bank rolled by a Sheik then why not

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 13, 2010, 08:13:59 PM »
thanks, they say hes the new zidane! nough said

We're re-signing Bruno Chyerou? Happy Days are here again.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

wittsy

« Reply #487 on: August 16, 2010, 08:33:01 PM »
We're re-signing Bruno Chyerou? Happy Days are here again.

Haha love it...........actually I don't the idea is spine chilling  :o

Jas

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 17, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »

Liverpool FC set to sign keeper Brad Jones

Aug 17 2010  by Ian Doyle

Liverpool are poised to seal a £2.3million deal for Brad Jones after the Middlesbrough goalkeeper passed a medical today.

The 28-year-old Australia international travelled to the north-west to discuss personal terms and undergo physical tests, which Liverpool tonight confirmed he successfully came through.

It is understood the deal had been held up by a difference of opinion over how the fee was to be paid.

Reds boss Roy Hodgson has earmarked Jones, who qualifies as a ’home-grown’ player under the new rules after joining the Teessiders as a trainee, as suitable cover for first-choice goalkeeper Jose Reina.

Liverpool confirmed the fee on their official website and stated that Jones should finalise his move tomorrow.

Jones made 24 league appearances in the Championship for Middlesbrough last season, his most in a single campaign during his eight years at the Teesside club, during which he has spent loan spells with Blackpool, Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham and Stockport.

Meanwhile, Jamie Carragher has revealed how a determination to prove the critics wrong will be a major motivation for both himself and Liverpool this season.

Having finished a lowly seventh last season, many pundits anticipate a season of struggle for Hodgson’s men with Champions League qualification only an outside possibility.

But Carragher – who produced a man-of-the-match performance to help the Anfield outfit earn a 1-1 draw at home to Arsenal – said: “Ever since I’ve been here, we’ve never been thought of as the best team in the country.

“We have always had question marks against us. Over the last decade or so, we’ve quite enjoyed that chance to prove people wrong.

“You look at Arsenal, who challenged for the title last year, (Manchester) United, Chelsea, and the (Manchester) City situation, so I can understand why people say they don’t fancy us to get in the top four, but we have to believe we can.

“I look at last season, how poor it was, but with two or three games to go we were still fighting for fourth. I expect an improvement on last season and that’ll get us into it.”

Carragher himself came in for criticism during the opening months of last season following a series of uncharacteristically below-par performances.

And the 32-year-old defender said: “I read Gary Lineker this morning saying my legs had gone, so I wasn’t in the best of moods before the game and I was more determined to play better than I normally am.

“You have good days, bad days, but we did okay. Later on I’ll probably make a couple of mistakes and people will say I’m finished again.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2010/08/17/liverpool-fc-set-to-sign-keeper-brad-jones-55578-27075012/

It certainly makes no sense taking up a non-homegrown place with a reserve goalkeeper who is hardly likely to get a game, but it's a shame that we couldn't have got a better quality alternative in case Pepe is out for several months.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 17, 2010, 11:50:08 PM »
Exclusive: Wolfsburg line up shock £9m deal for Liverpool midfielder

Published 23:00 17/08/10  By Alan Nixon

Liverpool are ready to sell flying Dutchman Ryan Babel to Steve McClaren’s German giants Wolfsburg in a shock £9 million deal.

Babel is wanted by McClaren’s wealthy club for their Europa League campaign and talks between the clubs were at an advanced stage last night.

Boss Roy Hodgson has overlooked Babel so far as he plans for the season and it is up to the former Ajax player to accept the move as Wolfsburg will pay the fee.

The Babel sale would be a surprise windfall for Liverpool who have been trying to move out unwanted fringe men all summer without too much success.

Exclusive: Wolfsburg line up shock £9m deal for Liverpool midfielder

Published 23:00 17/08/10 By Alan Nixon

Recommend

Liverpool-Ryan-Babel cropped

Liverpool are ready to sell flying Dutchman Ryan Babel to Steve McClaren’s German giants Wolfsburg in a shock £9 million deal.

Babel is wanted by McClaren’s wealthy club for their Europa League campaign and talks between the clubs were at an advanced stage last night.

Boss Roy Hodgson has overlooked Babel so far as he plans for the season and it is up to the former Ajax player to accept the move as Wolfsburg will pay the fee.

The Babel sale would be a surprise windfall for Liverpool who have been trying to move out unwanted fringe men all summer without too much success.

Hodgson thinks he can do without Babel, whose erratic style has failed to impress since Rafa Benitez bought him a couple of years ago. The money would help with the club’s finances while they sort out their potential takeover.

Babel was also wanted by Birmingham City but Wolfsburg are the clear leaders in the race and willing to spend the money they anticipate from their European campaign.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Wolfsburg-line-up-shock-9m-deal-for-Liverpool-midfielder-Ryan-Babel-exclusive-article556969.html

As it's Alan Nixon it's probably more made up rubbish, still even a broken clock is right twice a day.

subsy

« Reply #490 on: August 18, 2010, 09:47:24 AM »
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b5pw5

Liverpool are considering a move for Dinamo Kiev forward Artem Milevskiy as manager Roy Hodgson looks to bolster his strikeforce.

The Ukrainian international, whose contract expires in August 2011 and will become a free agent next summer, is seeking a move abroad after eight years at Kiev and is a target for Hodgson should funds become available at Anfield following Javier Mascherano’s proposed £25 million switch to Inter Milan.

Hodgson has stated his desire to add attacking reinforcements to his squad as his current striking options are limited to Fernando Torres, David N’Gog and Dirk Kuyt.

He has most recently been linked with West Ham striker Carlton Cole and PSV Eindhoven forward Ola Toivonen, but now the highly rated Milevskiy has joined that list of targets.

The 25-year-old would not come cheap and his club are demanding a £13m transfer fee with little room for negotiation. With Liverpool’s ownership uncertain and debts of £237m with the Royal Bank of Scotland, the Reds would have to sell before they could afford to make a bid for Milevskiy.

Liverpool are just one of a number of Premier League clubs tracking Milevskiy, who has been heavily linked with Russian side Lokomotiv Moscow during the summer.

"Milevskiy is a player who could play for Liverpool, Manchester United or Chelsea," his agent Dennis Lachter told Goal.com UK. "He is a top level player and we have had some serious interest from one major Premier League club.

"At the moment English teams are waiting until they have more money before they buy players.

"But when the market starts to move, managers will have more money to spend and then something might happen.”

Milevskiy is considered one of the most talented players in Eastern Europe, a technically skilful forward who prefers to play off a targetman rather than as a main striker, despite his 6ft 3in frame.

Lachter has urged suitors to make their move for the Belarusian-born forward sooner rather than later and has warned they face a tough task in convincing Dinamo Kiev to sell their star man.

He added: "It can take many days and weeks to sign a player from Ukrainian and Russian clubs – it is not a transfer you can do in one day.

"It is not a great joy to negotiate with these clubs – I can tell you this from many years of experience.

"At the moment Milevskiy will continue to play for Dinamo Kiev – but in football everything can change in an hour."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:48:47 AM by subsy »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 18, 2010, 02:24:50 PM »
It certainly seems like the manager is after another striker if the numerous daily links are anything to go by.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 18, 2010, 02:31:12 PM »
Hodgson to make £3m bid for Fulham full-back

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is closing in on a cut-price £3m deal for Paul Konchesky.

Hodgson is ready to raid his former club for the 29-year-old left back who only has one year left on his contract at Fulham.

Konchesky missed Fulham’s opener at Bolton last Saturday and is believed to be keen on following his former manager to Anfield.

Hodgson is having to wheel and deal on limited funds and a move for his old trusted left back would represent good business in his eyes.

Liverpool were forced to play Danish centre half Daniel Agger out of position at left back against Arsenal on Sunday because they are short in that position.

Emiliano Insua is surplus to requirements and a move to Fiorentina fell through last month while the club have re-signed Fabio Aurelio.

But that has not ended Liverpool’s interest in Konchesky as Hodgson remains a big admirer of a player he made a mainstay of his defence at Fulham.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Liverpool-manager-Roy-Hodgson-to-bid-3m-for-Fulham-left-back-Paul-Konchesky-article557159.html

Not sure why we'd want to offer £3M when Konchesky has only one year left on his contract and is average at best.
Where does that leave Insua? Either he's leaving against Hodgson's wishes (Genoa were the latest to be linked) or despite what the manager originally said about him, he doesn't actually rate him. And where does that leave our interest in Maynor Figueroa?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:36:34 PM by Tes »

subsy

« Reply #493 on: August 18, 2010, 03:28:40 PM »
I hope after watching Wigan v Blackpool that our interest in Figeuroa is dead and buried!

About a striker yep, seems that way. Not sure Milevskiy is very good value at that price considering hes not got long left on his contract.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 18, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »
I hope after watching Wigan v Blackpool that our interest in Figeuroa is dead and buried!

About a striker yep, seems that way. Not sure Milevskiy is very good value at that price considering hes not got long left on his contract.

:D  He was really that bad?

Seems like Russian / Ukranian teams can be a nightmare to deal with and at the price it's a real gamble.