December 02, 2020, 09:05:59 AM

Author Topic: Summer transfer window thread  (Read 142198 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Summer transfer window thread
« Reply #495 on: August 18, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »
CAVALIERI SET FOR CESENA MOVE

Roy Hodgson has confirmed Liverpool goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri is set to join Cesena after the Europa League tie against Trabzonspor.

Cavalieri has been unable to dislodge Jose Reina at Anfield since the Brazilian keeper joined Liverpool from Palmeiras two years ago.

He has made 10 appearances during his time on Merseyside, but has not featured once in the Premier League for the Reds.

The 27-year-old is now set to link up with Cesena and will travel to Italy following Thursday's Europa League play-off against Trabzonspor.

"Diego has done a marvellous job for the last three years," said Reds boss Hodgson, who has signed Brad Jones from Middlesbrough as a replacement.

"He's a very good goalkeeper and a very good person, but he made it clear to me at the start of the season that after three years of watching Pepe play every week he might, if he's not careful, lose his goalkeeping ability or his status as a first-team goalkeeper.

"He made it clear he'd like to leave and find a club where he'll be able to play on a regular basis, so we set about the task of finding someone we thought would be as good a complement to Pepe Reina as Cavalieri has been.

"That's why Brad Jones has come in. He's the man we've chosen to back up Reina, put him under pressure and, most importantly, be ready to play.

"Diego will travel to Cesena after the game tomorrow night for a medical."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/08/18/manual_161429.html&TEAMHD=soccer

I hope he gets his wish for first team football. He's earned it after 3 years without complaining about a lack of first team games. Top pro. Good luck.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

subsy

« Reply #496 on: August 19, 2010, 09:48:06 AM »
:D  He was really that bad?

Worse!

He had a major part to play in 3 of the 4 goals.
Constantly drifting out of position and leaving huge gaps.
Was embarrassing to watch.
Off day? Maybe, but I for one am very glad hes not wearing our shirt...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 19, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »
Worse!

He had a major part to play in 3 of the 4 goals.
Constantly drifting out of position and leaving huge gaps.
Was embarrassing to watch.
Off day? Maybe, but I for one am very glad hes not wearing our shirt...

Seems that's a bullet dodged (so far). It's all gone quiet on that front anyway.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 19, 2010, 03:29:15 PM »
Greeks face fight for Nemeth

By Juha Pal   Last updated: 18th August 2010

Krisztian Nemeth's agent has revealed that the Liverpool striker is attracting interest from a number of clubs other than Olympiakos.

Reports in Greece have suggested that Nemeth is poised to join Olympiakos after the two clubs agreed a deal for him to move.

The Hungarian's representative Viktor Kovesdi admits that negotiations have taken place over a switch but insists nothing has been decided yet.

Nemeth has failed to make the breakthrough at Anfield since arriving as an 18-year-old in 2007, but is still regarded as an exciting prospect for the future and Kovesdi says there is attention from elsewhere.

Speaking about the link with Olympiakos, the agent told Pepsifoci: "We can confirm that there have been talks between the two clubs.

"What is more they agreed about the details verbally, but there are numerous teams which want to sign Nemeth so his future is not decided at all.

"There are two other clubs which would like to get him and they go on as they want to be the winner for the striker's signature.

"Negotiations went so far with Olympiakos that we could turn onto the details of what the Greek side can offer for the player.

"But Nemeth hasn't travelled to Athens yet and he won't go there on Thursday because other clubs want him too."

According to Hungarian reports, Liverpool has offers for Nemeth from Portugal, Spain and Italy.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6321298,00.html

I hope we've got a huge sell on percentage agreement and maybe even a fixed, cheap buy back clause.
He may not make it here or be best suited for the Premier League, but if he gets over his injury problems he'll be a very, very good player and his value will rocket. He could easily be another Giuseppe Rossi.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 20, 2010, 12:36:11 PM »
Kuyt agent confirms interest from Inter Milan

August 20, 2010

Dirk Kuyt's agent has confirmed that the Liverpool forward has the chance of moving to Treble-winning Inter Milan, although his client is yet to make any final decision over whether to leave Anfield.

Kuyt is a target for Inter coach Rafa Benitez, who brought the Dutchman to Anfield from Feyenoord for a fee of £9 million in August 2006 and relied heavily upon the hard-working forward.

Inter have stepped up their interest in Kuyt after seeing a move for Genoa's Giuseppe Sculli stall and the Netherlands international was conspicuous by his absence in Liverpool's Europa League tie against Trabzonspor on Thursday night.

Though Kuyt's agent insists the player is yet to make a decision over his future, it appears a move to Serie A is a distinct possibility for the 30-year-old.

"Dirk is being professional," Rob Jansen told Voetbal International. "Yes, there is real interest from Inter, but Dirk has not decided yet whether he does want to leave Liverpool. He must think carefully before leaving.

"This is also a complicated transfer. Dirk Kuyt is a Liverpool player. He has an ongoing contract and was recently in the World Cup final. There will be a transfer fee involved. The deal cannot simply go ahead.

"Regardless of the choice Dirk must first consider himself. He can move to Inter or just stay at Liverpool. This is a good position to be in. It is also an option that a player from Inter will be involved in the deal with Kuyt."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=815813&sec=transfers&cc=5739

Also here: http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/42455/De_Telegraaf_Inter_deal_with_Liverpool_close.aspx

They are quoting Dutch paper De Telegraaf.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 20, 2010, 12:46:56 PM »
Juventus join chase for Liverpool loaner Alberto Aquilani but Italian giants line up swap deal with Felipe Melo

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 11:04 AM on 20th August 2010

Juventus are keen to sign Alberto Aquilani after Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson cleared the £20million flop to leave Anfield on a loan deal.

However, the Serie A giants could try to tempt the Reds with a permanent transfer, offering Brazil midfielder Felipe Melo in exchange.

Hodgson signed Denmark international Christian Poulsen from Juve as a ready-made replacement for wantaway Argentina captain Javier Mascherano.

But the Italians believe there is still interest from Anfield in one-time Arsenal target Melo, according to Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport.

Hodgson left Aquilani out of Liverpool's 1-0 Europa League win against Trabzonspor on Wednesday night to stop him being cup-tied and admitted a return to Italy was on the cards.

'We are considering possibly loaning him to an Italian club, but nothing is sure about that yet so I don't have anything definite to report,' said the boss after the play-off round first leg.
'I didn't want to use him (against Trabzonspor) just in case the loan goes through, because for Aquilani this year it's very important that he plays regular football, every week, as the No 1 man on the teamsheet. 

'I can't promise him that here so if a loan move to Italy could help him in that respect it might be good for all parties.

'It would certainly be what he needs, it would certainly protect the value of the player and when he does return to Liverpool no doubt we will see the Aquilani that we signed before he came here injured last year.'
Aquilani was signed from Roma last summer as the replacement for Xabi Alonso, who left for Real Madrid, but the Italy midfielder never managed a regular run in the team because of injuries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1304688/Juventus-join-chase-Liverpools-Alberto-Aquilani-line-swap-deal-Felipe-Melo.html

Melo hardly covered himself in glory in the World Cup, appears to have quite an attitude problem and collects red cards like some people collect stamps.

We could have been a bit clever here and sent Aquilani out on loan, putting him in the Italian shop window and got Poulsen on loan in return, instead of paying a transfer fee for him.
I'd rather have Momo back rather than Melo and I'm not sure why the manager would want another defensive midfielder, even if Masch leaves. If he does, then Lassana Diarra would be a much better option and Madrid are definately looking to offload, probably at a bargain price.

It's a shame we've not managed to rid ourselves of Itandje, El Zahr and Plessis yet. Even if there's no cash, the wage savings would help.   

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 20, 2010, 10:03:43 PM »
Reds table Toivonen bid

Last updated: 20th August 2010

Skysports.com understands that Liverpool have made bid for PSV Eindhoven forward Ola Toivonen.

Sources in Holland believe that the Premier League Reds have tabled an offer in the region £9million to the current Eredivisie leaders.

The 24-year-old Sweden international has caught the eye of Roy Hodgson, as revealed by skysports.com earlier in the week, with the Liverpool manager looking to increase the attacking support for Fernando Torres.

However, Toivonen has refused to speculate over his future and it had been rumoured that Liverpool would reduce their interest if the forward was cup-tied in Europe.

He played in PSV's Europa League outing against Sibir Novosibirsk on Thursday, but Hodgson is still understood to have gone ahead with his bid.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6326312,00.html

Money from the Masch transfer being spent, or is Dirkus Kuytus really going to be doing his shopping in the Milanese equivalent of Tesco soon?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 10:08:15 PM by Tes »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 21, 2010, 01:54:40 AM »
It's a shame we've not managed to rid ourselves of Itandje, El Zahr and Plessis yet. Even if there's no cash, the wage savings would help.
the age old proble - of getting big wage earners to pis off to lowly new eployers
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

wittsy

« Reply #503 on: August 21, 2010, 11:31:09 AM »
I can't see why they don't want to leave or at least go out on loan for the remainder of their contracts.

If a club came in and said they'd pay half their wages then surely everyone would still be better off (who knows they may even improve or at least have a chance to sell themselves as a first team player instead of a reserve). They must know they won't be able to sit there for ever, they will end up at another team at some point.

Jas

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 21, 2010, 02:51:35 PM »
I can't see why they don't want to leave or at least go out on loan for the remainder of their contracts.

If a club came in and said they'd pay half their wages then surely everyone would still be better off (who knows they may even improve or at least have a chance to sell themselves as a first team player instead of a reserve). They must know they won't be able to sit there for ever, they will end up at another team at some point.

Jas

I guess it's down to a lack of professional pride. We're not talking about taking a salary of £17,000 when your on £20,000 at the moment. They will still earn £1000s per week.
At that level of earnings surely first team football is more important than reduced earnings, especially when those reduced earnings are still lottery wins in comparison to what 99% of fans have to get by on.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 24, 2010, 06:41:18 PM »
Michael Owen returning to Anfield to wear OUR red shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

For JC's testimonial!! Not at all happy.!!!Little money-grabbing judas prick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 24, 2010, 06:45:43 PM »
I reckon he might develop a last minute strain after the reception he got last year >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Even to let him wear the red shirt again is wrong. He's a f@cking manc !!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 24, 2010, 07:42:01 PM »
So Kopite, what's your opinion on Owen playing in Carra's testimonial?

Be a real shame if he got a career ending injury.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 24, 2010, 07:50:53 PM »
Manchester United and Liverpool linked with Newcastle target Hatem Ben Arfa

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 11:18 AM on 24th August 2010

Hatem Ben Arfa has been linked with a shock move to Manchester United or Liverpool.
The Marseille playmaker has been offered a deal by Werder Bremen and a 'top Premier League club' - which his agent Michel Ouazine indicated was not Newcastle United.

The Geordies wanted to take the France international on a season-long loan, but angered Marseille with their offer.

Bremen had a £6.6million bid for Ben Arfa accepted after selling Mesut Ozil to Real Madrid, but the player's stock has risen since an impressive performance and goal for France in their 2-1 defeat by Norway earlier this month.

Ouazine said the identity of the English team making a move would be a 'big surprise', with reports in France suggesting either Liverpool or Manchester United would be the ones making the bid.

Sir Alex Ferguson is believed to be a long-term admirer of the 23-year-old, who has also been offered to Everton and other Premier League teams this summer.

'Negotiations are continuing,' said Ouazine. 'We are finalising the contract.'

Ben Arfa comes with issues. He is currently refusing to play for Marseille in a bid to force a move and is training alone away from his employers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1305661/Hatem-Ben-Arfa-linked-Manchester-United-Liverpool.html

Just what we need. I think not.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 24, 2010, 07:54:32 PM »
Roy Hodgson eyes £2m Terminator Mathieu Debuchy to bolster Liverpool ranks

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 11:18 AM on 24th August 2010

Liverpool are keen on Lille defender Mathieu Debuchy - dubbed The Terminator because of his fearless style.

Roy Hodgson is eyeing a cut-price move of about £2million for the right back, who can also play in the holding midfield role which is set to be vacated by Barcelona target Javier Mascherano.

The 25-year-old was called up to the France squad by new boss Laurent Blanc earlier this month and is admired for never shirking a challenge.

Although he was not selected for the 2-1 defeat by Norway, he is said to have impressed during training at Clairefontaine.

Claude Puel, his former coach, once described Debuchy as 'a player who puts his head where others wouldn't put their foot'.

As well as being good at the back, Debuchy has a wicked shot and is known as a good crosser of the ball.

He would provide competition for Glen Johnson and is currently under contract for two more seasons at Lille.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1305653/Roy-Hodgson-wants-2m-Terminator-Mathieu-Debuchy-Liverpool.html

So if Kuyt ends up at Inter, and we do get this Debuchy, do we move Johnson forward so he was fewer defensive responsibilities, which is his very glaringly obvious weakness.