September 23, 2017, 01:07:19 AM

Author Topic: Who is the most annoying TV/Radio football presenter?  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Who is the most annoying TV/Radio football presenter?
« on: February 03, 2010, 04:57:56 PM »
Just come across a picture of Garth Crooks on the BBC site and thought to myself, "you know what, I can't stand that twit with his weird face and bulging eyeballs".  For some reason, and I don't know why, I just can't stand him.  His mannerism's, his persona and just the way he talk's gets on my nerves.

Does anyone on here have some footballing pundit that they just cannot tolerate and end up having to turn over to the other channel?

ps. Ian Wright is a very close second in my list!

It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

BandWMisery

Re: Who is the most annoying TV/Radio football presenter?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 05:19:01 PM »
Can I have Martin O'Neil I don't know what it is but he grates me badly... Though I could carry on Mick McCarthy does it as well. Both as pundits the couple of times I recall and in after match interviews.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:24:36 PM »
Can I have Martin O'Neil I don't know what it is but he grates me badly... Though I could carry on Mick McCarthy does it as well. Both as pundits the couple of times I recall and in after match interviews.

Sorry BWM, as much as they are annoying, especially Mick 'put u to sleep teamtalks' McCarthy, they don't count as pundits.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

BandWMisery

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 06:54:07 PM »
Damn then I'd have to say not that I can think of. Alan Hansen gets me a little bit but not so much annoying. More a "shut up I don't care how they defend it's how they score" way.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:12 PM »
definitely agree with you, Gurdeep.

What was it about Garth Crooks that got him a job at the BBC...   

The bloke is one of those who tries to act as if he's an intellectual.....but yet is patently a dimwit.  An intelligent person can put their point across quickly, with efficient use of words.

Tony Adams is not dissimilar.  Once you manage to make out what he's trying to communicate (from behind all the distractive facial movements and mannerisms), you realise he's talking pish.

To be honest, it would be easier to ask 'What pundits do you find least annoying/useful?'    Because I really have little time for the vast majority of pundits.

RTE's pundits are useless.  BBC's are well up their own arses (hansen, lawrenson, shearer, etc).

But yes, you are right.  Crooks is hard to beat, when it comes to the very worst.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:57:09 PM »
Tony Adams is not dissimilar.  Once you manage to make out what he's trying to communicate (from behind all the distractive facial movements and mannerisms), you realise he's talking pish.

Next time Dude, turn the sound off, it's even funnier that way.

Tony Adams - alltime comedy genius.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 03:19:09 PM »
Next time Dude, turn the sound off, it's even funnier that way.

Tony Adams - alltime comedy genius.

:D

next time, I must try the sound off, Tes.

mind you, I never see him on tv these times.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Subsy

• Just starting out
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 01:30:44 PM »
Ben friggin Shepherd.

How could anyone ever think that it would be a good idea to get a kids / daytime ladies TV presenter to host football shows is beyone me.

What a plank!

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 11:17:06 PM »
Robbie Savage on BBC Radio5 Live and Stan Collymore on TalkSport. Their presentation style is akin to scraping fingernails down a blackboard.  >:(
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 07:11:06 PM »
Mark I am a stupid twit Lawrenson