The Rest > The Rest

Who is the most annoying TV/Radio football presenter?

(1/2) > >>

Gurdeep:
Just come across a picture of Garth Crooks on the BBC site and thought to myself, "you know what, I can't stand that twit with his weird face and bulging eyeballs".  For some reason, and I don't know why, I just can't stand him.  His mannerism's, his persona and just the way he talk's gets on my nerves.

Does anyone on here have some footballing pundit that they just cannot tolerate and end up having to turn over to the other channel?

ps. Ian Wright is a very close second in my list!

BandWMisery:
Can I have Martin O'Neil I don't know what it is but he grates me badly... Though I could carry on Mick McCarthy does it as well. Both as pundits the couple of times I recall and in after match interviews.

Gurdeep:

--- Quote from: BandWMisery on February 03, 2010, 05:19:01 PM ---Can I have Martin O'Neil I don't know what it is but he grates me badly... Though I could carry on Mick McCarthy does it as well. Both as pundits the couple of times I recall and in after match interviews.

--- End quote ---

Sorry BWM, as much as they are annoying, especially Mick 'put u to sleep teamtalks' McCarthy, they don't count as pundits.

BandWMisery:
Damn then I'd have to say not that I can think of. Alan Hansen gets me a little bit but not so much annoying. More a "shut up I don't care how they defend it's how they score" way.

the dude abides:
definitely agree with you, Gurdeep.

What was it about Garth Crooks that got him a job at the BBC...   

The bloke is one of those who tries to act as if he's an intellectual.....but yet is patently a dimwit.  An intelligent person can put their point across quickly, with efficient use of words.

Tony Adams is not dissimilar.  Once you manage to make out what he's trying to communicate (from behind all the distractive facial movements and mannerisms), you realise he's talking pish.

To be honest, it would be easier to ask 'What pundits do you find least annoying/useful?'    Because I really have little time for the vast majority of pundits.

RTE's pundits are useless.  BBC's are well up their own arses (hansen, lawrenson, shearer, etc).

But yes, you are right.  Crooks is hard to beat, when it comes to the very worst.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version