September 23, 2017, 01:07:57 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal v Barca  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Arsenal v Barca
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:45:31 PM »
Wow what a fantastic game!  Barca cruising along with their shades on then all of a sudden BANG...... Walcott, what an impact this guy made!

Best game I've seen this season by a mile!

ps. Arsenals fightback was very Liverpool like  ::)
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal v Barca
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 09:58:14 PM »
sounds like a great game, Gurdeep.

sadly I didn't catch it.

But I don't buy this notion that Barcelona (or anybody for that matter) are unbeatable.  But I would like to see Barcelona go through, in order to make sure Man Utd have a real tough opponent later (assuming Utd can get past Bayern).

I'm hoping Arsenal can win the Premiership tho.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal v Barca
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 11:35:19 PM »
sounds like a great game, Gurdeep.

sadly I didn't catch it.

But I don't buy this notion that Barcelona (or anybody for that matter) are unbeatable.  But I would like to see Barcelona go through, in order to make sure Man Utd have a real tough opponent later (assuming Utd can get past Bayern).

I'm hoping Arsenal can win the Premiership tho.

Well worth catching the highlights Dude if they show that down your neck of the woods.

There was move by the Arsenal second half which resulted in Bendtner (spelling) directing his header straight at Victor Valdes.  The sequence of passes and lighting break was awesome and only let down by the finishing.

Overall Barca had 90% of the game their way and should have been 2 up in the first 5 or 10 minutes.  Gunners were chasing shadows most of the night and Wenger going ape shed at his players (not the norm in public anyway).
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!