August 23, 2019, 04:24:51 PM

Poll

Is Rafa going to be our manager next season?

YES
2 (40%)
NO
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Is it the End of an Era???  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Is it the End of an Era???
« on: May 03, 2010, 08:56:07 PM »
With Rafa's meeting with our new 'chelsea' chairman planned for this week, do u think Rafa is staying or going? I'm sure this is when his future will be decided either way.

Offline Kopite999

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: Is it the End of an Era???
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 09:07:10 PM »
I've voted yes, even though it maybe a bit optimistic. I'm hoping the manager who must be up there with our greats having won 'big ears' in 2005 remains in charge. I think a change in manager now really could cause a mass exodus and tip us over the edge.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 09:35:56 PM »
It is the end of an era...even if this meeting offers him the world and all that's in it, he cannot trust it, until the yank scum have left...

they lied to Moores and Parry to gain ownership...

they lied at their first conference when they bought LFC...we can sign snoogy doogy even! we'll have the bestest stadium ever!

they have lied constantly and they lied when rafa signed his new contract...

rafa is off and though i have had my reservations this season, i have no doubt his choices have been hamstrung by those two CU***...

All the best, Rafa....thankye for Istanbul, for the manure 4-1 win, for the thrashing of real madrid, for bellamy and risse against barcelona, for the FA cup...you will be remembered fondly...

wittsy

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »
I think Rafa has had his fill of these lies and back room squables, I'm not 100 % but I really believe he will go. If all can be resolved I dare say he'll stay as he does seem to be emotionally tied to the club but we (and him) know that is not likely to happen..

Jas

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 10:43:26 PM »
As we need a change of ownership for any manager to really stand a chance and with these owners no one would have the enviroment needed to work successfully in. I wouldn't be surprised if he left.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 11:21:20 PM »
I'd like to see Rafa get a shot at the league with a decent outlay of cash and without the off field circus of the last 3 years.

However it looks more likely he will be gone and with some names already being mentioned i shudder to think who will be brought in to replace him

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 12:25:25 AM »
However it looks more likely he will be gone and with some names already being mentioned i shudder to think who will be brought in to replace him

Of course the lazy journos, in addition to Roy Hodgson, are linking to us Mourinho, Rijkaard and Hiddink.

Whilst Rijkaard's Barca were successful that success dried up once Henk Ten Cate left as his assistant and he's hardly pulling up trees with Galatasaray.

A more likely list due to them all having PL experience may be along the lines of:

Martin O'Neil
Mark Hughes
Avram Grant
Martin Jol
Steve McClaren 

I actually rather like the Europa League.  :'(

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »
they lied to Moores and Parry to gain ownership...

Sorry, but these two have the business acumen of a peanut!!!!
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 05:57:42 PM »
Sorry, but these two have the business acumen of a peanut!!!!

That's what due dilligence is for. Shame our pair thought they knew of a better business practice.

As for Freddie and Coco, I hope Shankly's and Paisley's ghosts haunt their every waking moment.

We agent Johnson and failed with agent Knighton, but the Mancs have trumped us with agent Moores.