December 06, 2019, 12:30:23 AM

Author Topic: Biggest defeat to Man City for 70 years!  (Read 10278 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest defeat to Man City for 70 years!
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 03:18:14 AM »
Dude, now what was it we were saying at the time we were originally linked with him?  ::)

eatly Tes

we said it fro the start - a blind nan bould see that Johnston's signing was a fool's errand

neber good enough defensiely
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 11:02:02 PM »
So Sunderland beat City thanks to a Darren Bent penalty. Maybe, just maybe, they could have played us on a very good day for them and a very poor one for us.

I'm still neither convinced about their squad / team or just how capable Mancini really is as a manager.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 12:10:21 AM »
So Sunderland beat City thanks to a Darren Bent penalty. Maybe, just maybe, they could have played us on a very good day for them and a very poor one for us.

I'm still neither convinced about their squad / team or just how capable Mancini really is as a manager.

At the moment we dont seem to have too many good days in the way of performances. Even today I thought we looked poor against WBA. Dont get me wrong a wins a win, I dont mean to sound like I'm never happy but then again we are Liverpool and we should be blowing teams like WBA away at Anfield.

I'm starting to feel this group of players as a team may be finished and that only when a takeover happens and this team is dismantled will we see the changes we want.

Gerrard and Torres even look at times like they no longer truly believe this team is capable of challenging, they often look like they are going through the motions. For me that boils down to the fact they dont believe alot of their team mates are good enough to be on the same pitch as them.