September 26, 2017, 07:08:09 PM

Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 12166 times)

mick w

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 05:08:35 PM »
first time posting,enjoy reading the blogs and the comments of others.good luck with the forum,hope to air my views in the months and years to come.
 originally from liverpool 25 years now in exile and the wrong side of 50.

raju

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 10:14:44 AM »
Hey Jim,

Great forum, well done.

I must say that I am a bit sad that the other "forum" which we have hitherto posted on is suffering a bit! Anyway such is progress... ???

Offline Jim B

• Just me
  • Administrator
  • A regular
    • View Profile
    • Anfield Road
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »
Hi raju, nice to have you here.

I think the other forum is suffering because of a lack of anything exciting to talk about.

One bosman, no unexpected departures, no takeover spats, no run-ins with referees, no football.

I just have this awful feeling I'll have to watch cricket soon...

raju

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 09:35:25 AM »

One bosman, no unexpected departures, no takeover spats, no run-ins with referees, no football.

I just have this awful feeling I'll have to watch cricket soon...

Oh God not cricket or the insufferable 14 odd days of Wimbledon! let it rain...let it rain...let it rain.

on the other issues...I suppose we have all been spoilt with the lfc stories to the extent that it has almost become a daily fix...sad fact of my current daily routine is to check for the newspaper rumours on ceefax before even having tea!!!

very sad. I always promise to get out more but never manage to get around to it.  :D

I am The Egg Man

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 09:38:01 AM »
Oh God not cricket or the insufferable 14 odd days of Wimbledon! let it rain...let it rain...let it rain.

on the other issues...I suppose we have all been spoilt with the lfc stories to the extent that it has almost become a daily fix...sad fact of my current daily routine is to check for the newspaper rumours on ceefax before even having tea!!!

very sad. I always promise to get out more but never manage to get around to it.  :D

I know how you feel!!

The problem is if it rains at Wimbledon all it does is prolong the agony.

raju

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »
I know how you feel!!

The problem is if it rains at Wimbledon all it does is prolong the agony.

True...it could be worse...`Sur' Cliffy could start singing again....

SuperSkrtel

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 10:48:38 PM »
Hows it goin everyone Richie from Dublin here lifelong red look forward to getting to know you all in the future YNWA

wittsy

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 05:53:30 PM »
Didn't spot this bit before. Hi all, Jas from S wales here.

Followed the Reds since I can remember (30 years I expect) but never had the chance to visit the holy grail that is anfield (although I did see the game that lost villa the title some 18 years ago as a teenager)

Don't get the chance to talk to many knowledgable red's fans, most of the lads I know follows the mancs/chelsea or spurs? who knows why.

Best place on the net.

Cheers, Jas

Durgs

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 12:05:22 PM »
Hey up, I'm Durgs. Born and bred in  Knowsley. Life long 'pool fan and try to catch every game when its on and visit Anfield whenever i can actually get Tickets!!!!! ( fooking booking system, pile of shine-a-light) Currently residing in Chester, i head up the local Liverpool support in me local pub - we too are surrounded my Mancs and, strangly, lots of Welsh Everton fans.......

Been visiting this site and the original Anfield Road site for a while and enjoy the opinions and banter.

Shabba

Burt Reynolds

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »
Alright!

I am new to the forum so I thought I would just say hello.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 12:57:49 PM »
Alright!

I am new to the forum so I thought I would just say hello.

welcome to the forum, Burt!

make yourself right at home.

the yankee flag burning resumes after we've had our dinner.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

iskoppa

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 01:10:39 PM »
welcome to the forum, Burt!

make yourself right at home.

the yankee flag burning resumes after we've had our dinner.

Howdy Burt and welcome in!  Dude you just kill me sometimes!!! Ha ha ha  :D

Irish_Mark

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 02:15:14 PM »
Mark from Castlebar, Co. Mayo in the west of Ireland. 20 years old and Liverpool fan since 1994. First game with my dad in 1998 v Leeds, my dads team. We lost 3-1 :( Next 2001 v Leeds, the day GH had a heart attack. Drew 1-1 after Danny Murphy equalised. Next 2005 v Chelski :( Lost 4-1 :'( Next home to "them"... The day Fat O'Shea broke my heart :( But then at last... Liverpool v Arsenal last season. Finally see a victory, 4-2, unbelievable game!! Was at Crewe game this year, and Wigan game, and will be over for Hammers game :)
Depending on tickets I will be over for Chelski in Feb too :)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 06:22:25 AM »
smoked a lot of stuff, objected consciously to fighting in vietnam, saved my step brother-in law from drowning in swimming pool (he got trapped under a big plastic blow-up castle in the middle of the pool), sank a lot of alcoholic beverage, first game was at anfield in august 79 against WBA (we won three - one), brain turned to toast many moons ago, present top flight teams couldn't hold a candle to teams of my youth, sky hijacked the game that I once loved, moved to barbados, shackled up with a former Miss USA (she loves rubber and surfing).

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

LSU

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2008, 07:02:09 AM »
Hello. I dont live in England, im in the States, Louisiana to be exact. and i just picked up soccer after UEFA this year. I play football (our football) and plan on going to Louisiana State University, i.e; the best damn College in the land
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 07:07:24 AM by LSU »