July 28, 2017, 05:46:36 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Liverpool FC, football, sport / Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017
« Last post by Tes on Today at 05:05:57 PM »
So that's it. We've dropped our interest in Keita. At least until next Summer.

Let's hope we've not left it too late to sort something else out, and likewise with Can. Either get him signed up or sold before he signs a pre-contract with someone else in January.
« Last post by Tes on Yesterday at 10:46:35 PM »
Liverpool set to move for Manuel Lanzini if Philippe Coutinho joins Barcelona

https://westhamworld.co.uk/liverpool-set-to-move-for-manuel-lanzini-if-philippe-coutinho-joins-barcelona/

Our passportless scouting team strikes again.

Edwards out! Hunter out! Dave Fallows out! Their scouting appointees out! Michael Zorc and his scouting network in!  ;)
« Last post by Tes on Yesterday at 10:35:18 PM »
PS - if Barca have already agreed wages with the lad - i.e. met with him in London supposedly, isn't that tapping up?

the lad is under contract to Liverpool FC.

Exactly. If we're adamant about not selling him then we won't have given them permission, so how have they agreed personal terms. I guess the same way we spoke with Van Dijk, and every club does on most transfers, except we haven't gone running to teacher like Southampton.
« Last post by the dude abides on Yesterday at 06:35:35 PM »
PS - if Barca have already agreed wages with the lad - i.e. met with him in London supposedly, isn't that tapping up?

the lad is under contract to Liverpool FC.
« Last post by the dude abides on Yesterday at 06:02:39 PM »
exactly.

minimum 150 million for our superstar.

they can't be selling Neymar to PSG for near 200 million, and then picking up our lad for peanuts.

150 min.

« Last post by Tes on July 26, 2017, 11:41:17 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if Coutinho goes to Barca this Summer. Seeing as Kia Joorabchian is his agent, he'll have been in his ear constantly trying to get him to move just so he can line his own pockets.

We should start the negotiations from £100M plus a Barca player, and not Arda Turan (at least 5 years too late on that one).
« Last post by Tes on July 24, 2017, 11:29:16 AM »
Apparently we're now waiting to be invited to make a bid for Van Dijk, but won't make a bid without being encouraged to do so by Southampton.

I think we're playing a hugely dangerous game. We're apparently not actively pursuing any other centre back targets, but so far we've not done much either about getting Sakho 100% ready to utilise.

Why we're not working with what we know, and with what the actual situation is, I don't understand.

We could easily end up with no Van Dijk and an unprepared Sakho, leaving us even weaker in an already under strength and under performing area of the team.

I realise that Sakho is still partially recovering from the injury he suffered at Palace, but there doesn't seem to be the intensity about getting him ready that we see and have seen with other players.

Sakho is our player. Let's utilise him fully. He's paid his penance and for the sake of the club let's make best use of him. He's at the very least the second best central defender we have, possibly still the best, and a partnership of Matip and Sakho looks the best bet out of all the other potential permutations.

Likewise, I hope we've got a Plan B where Keita and Can are concerned, and are ready to move on it quickly. We can't do with not getting Keita and losing Can. We've lost Lucas, and without cover, Hendo's workload will be too much with 4 competitions, and we run the risk of being without anyone there, as Hendo will no doubt succumb to injury at some point.

I know Wijnaldum's been tried there, but it's not his natural position, and if Wijnaldum is forced to play there, and Can's left, who plays in Wijnaldum's position?
We risk too much disruption to too many positions because of one injury. Just like last season when Mane was at the AFCON, and Lallana was moved forward to cover, we ended up disrupting 2 positions with no effective solution for either.
We need to avoid having to move a player from their best position to cover for injury in another position, especially if we don't have adequate cover for the moved player's position.
« Last post by Tes on July 23, 2017, 11:04:51 PM »
Liverpool ready to shelve interest in Naby Keita - but will return for him next year when RB Leipzig exit clause becomes £48m

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/23/liverpool-ready-shelve-interest-naby-keita-will-return-next/

It will be interesting to see whether Klopp moves for someone else, or decides to leave things until next Summer, when of course there's no guarantee of getting Keita then either.

The Can situation has to be resolved quick sharp too. Likewise, will Klopp look to replace Can or go with what we have giving the likes of Grujic and opportunity.
« Last post by Tes on July 23, 2017, 10:53:26 AM »
It's looking more and more likely that Can is off to Juve. If that's the case, then we do what the likes of Southampton and RB Leipzig have been doing to us, and what Spurs did with Walker and Everton with Lukaku, and that's demand a price that makes it impossible for us to turn down.

Let's start at the same price Chelsea quoted Juve for Matic. Matic is 28, where as Can is only 23.

Can is hardly likely to 'down tools' if he doesn't get the move this Summer, as he'll be desperate to get in the Germany squad for next Summer's World Cup.

Maybe this could work out very nicely for us. Can leaving could provide the space and opportunity for Grujic to break through, and I think Grujic has the potential to be a better player than Can, but let's make sure we get our 'pound of flesh' off Juve, as we've been fleeced too many times by Italian clubs, and it's time that trend was reversed.
They're champions of Italy, CL finalists, so let's place a 'big club premium' on Can's head, just as clubs do to us and most European clubs do to PL teams in general.
« Last post by Tes on July 22, 2017, 11:33:52 AM »
Jean Michael Seri, no5 in the second article I linked, would also be a sensible signing.

Irrespective of whether we get Keita, and more importantly if we don't, with Can's situation being far from certain, and with Hendo's injury problems over the last two seasons (15/16 147 days and 16/17 129 days), and Hendo played parts of last season carrying the injury, adding one of Goretzka or Seri would sort that situation somewhat.

We don't want to go into the season with Can having left, and no Keita, and it would be unlikely that clubs would be prepared to sell that standard of player in January.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10