February 25, 2018, 03:44:46 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Liverpool FC, football, sport / Re: January Transfer Window 2018
« Last post by the dude abides on January 30, 2018, 01:37:23 AM »
So everyone above us, and Arsenal and Spurs are all strengthening their squads, meanwhile we're letting another potential supply of goals, in Sturridge, go out on loan to WBA.

Couldn't we at least try dropping Firmino deeper and playing Sturridge through the middle, and let him concentrate on doing what he's there to do, and that's score goals. We'd still get the work rate from Bobby in a deeper position anyway, and he's more creative and hardworking than any of our bunch of 'meh' midfielders.

I have to say that I am glad to see Dan gone.  Injury prone, often a yard off the pace, and a one-trick pony in recent years (I can always see him tee-ing up the same shot every opportunity....so predictable).

I agree, we should be playing further back - and thus allowing our attacking speed merchants lots of room to work in.

Suck the opposition out - and sucker punch them.

But NO, Mr Klopp would rather have every red player in the opposition half....and learns nothing, and keeps doing the same flawed plan, game after game, season after season.  Clueless.
Liverpool FC, football, sport / Re: Season 2017/18
« Last post by the dude abides on January 30, 2018, 01:33:25 AM »
It's systemic. The way we play and the way we train. The entire defensive side of the game, outside of 'pressing' does not look as though it's remotely practiced at all. The players are clueless as to how to go about any of it. The simplest basics of defending are lacking.

Also, what is the function of our midfield three? What are the supposed individual strengths of any of our midfielders and what are they supposedly adding to the sum of the way we're supposed to be playing in Klopp's mind?

totally agree.

our boss is clueless.   I don't think we train much on the defensive side of things.

jumpers for goalposts - everybody push forward, is the mantra......outscore the opposition!

Little wonder he was caught on at Dortmund after 2 or 3 years.   I suspect he  must have inherited a great defence at Dortmund.   

And given that we hit a bad spell every mid season (and have many injuries), I suspect our lads are knackered by December each season.   Is it any coincidence that we have gone out of the FA Cup each season at the 4th round?
« Last post by Tes on January 29, 2018, 10:58:53 PM »
So everyone above us, and Arsenal and Spurs are all strengthening their squads, meanwhile we're letting another potential supply of goals, in Sturridge, go out on loan to WBA.

Couldn't we at least try dropping Firmino deeper and playing Sturridge through the middle, and let him concentrate on doing what he's there to do, and that's score goals. We'd still get the work rate from Bobby in a deeper position anyway, and he's more creative and hardworking than any of our bunch of 'meh' midfielders.

So we've basically sold Coutinho to get Van Dijk and Keita.

Who goes next to generate the Summer's transfer budget?

« Last post by Tes on January 28, 2018, 11:06:50 PM »
An excellent point made by Bascombe:

Klopp, by contrast, has declared himself satisfied with his resources. He is astute enough to know this result raises inevitable questioning of his – and it is his – patient transfer policy. Ambitious clubs usually buy from a position of strength. Whatever the circumstances, Liverpool have developed an unhealthy habit of doing the reverse – selling their best players whenever they appear to be doing well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/28/jurgen-klopp-left-baffled-following-liverpools-fa-cup-defeat/
« Last post by Tes on January 28, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »
I said many times that Van Dyke was not the solution.   Our defensive woes are not primarily personnel-based.  The primary problem is the smiley-one-dimensional-clueless-arrogant-idiot that we have sitting in the dugout.

Klopp has no idea (nor interest) in balance or game management.

In my lifetime, I have never known a side which, even when two or three goals ahead, with 15 minutes to play, will often draw or lose.

The fact this happens repeatedly, is beyond embarrassing. 

If I were the owners or in the boardroom, I would be asking some very serious questions of Klopp.  Imagine what a top manager could be doing with all the resources that Klopp has been given.

It's systemic. The way we play and the way we train. The entire defensive side of the game, outside of 'pressing'
does not look as though it's remotely practiced at all. The players are clueless as to how to go about any of it. The simplest basics of defending are lacking.

Also, what is the function of our midfield three? What are the supposed individual strengths of any of our midfielders and what are they supposedly adding to the sum of the way we're supposed to be playing in Klopp's mind?
« Last post by Tes on January 28, 2018, 05:29:53 PM »
Jurgen Klopp expects Emre Can to run down his Liverpool contract

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11226593/jurgen-klopp-expects-emre-can-to-run-down-his-liverpool-contract

I hate to say it, but it is a fact - players are assets. As with all assets they have a financial value.

With the transfer fees having reached even more nonsensical levels than ever before, not losing a player that will need replacing, to a free transfer is even more vital than ever before. Whilst Can personally, at least in my opinion. isn't vital, his position is. We've needed to upgrade him for a while, but to upgrade will always cost additional funds on top of those raised by the sale of either that player, or the player he is replacing as a squad player. Now, with fees so high, it will not only cost us what we could have got for selling him last Summer, but also the entire fee to replace/upgrade him.

And why make him captain? That undermines the position of captain of our club, whether it's for one game or not. A player who refuses to commit, a player who will make sure we don't get a penny in compensation for his loss by way of a transfer fee, so he is the only one to benefit financially, and to the maximum, is not suitable to be be Liverpool FC captain, not even for a single minute.

We also need to remove the forcefield that makes him stop dead at the edge of our penalty area when he does his half hearted impression of tracking back.
« Last post by the dude abides on January 28, 2018, 01:05:54 PM »
So what if Keita's coming in the Summer. He's only one addition anyway. And what about this season? Do we just write off another season?

Keita will be a great addition.  But like 95% of Klopp's purchases, he is offensive-minded.

Klopp doesn't do defence.....waste of money....and not sexy. 

I am somewhat surprised he even bothers to use a goalkeeper.

And the two central defenders would look better in clowns' outfits and juggling some balls.
« Last post by the dude abides on January 28, 2018, 12:58:31 PM »
It's OK Klopp laying into the defenders (again), but it happens and has happened, too many times during his tenure to be down to the players and the players alone.

After this length of time you have to wonder why the same problem is still there, and to the same degree.

Having decided that Klarius is no1, why does he need to be rested after playing just two league games?

I said many times that Van Dyke was not the solution.   Our defensive woes are not primarily personnel-based.  The primary problem is the smiley-one-dimensional-clueless-arrogant-idiot that we have sitting in the dugout.

Klopp has no idea (nor interest) in balance or game management.

In my lifetime, I have never known a side which, even when two or three goals ahead, with 15 minutes to play, will often draw or lose.

The fact this happens repeatedly, is beyond embarrassing. 

If I were the owners or in the boardroom, I would be asking some very serious questions of Klopp.  Imagine what a top manager could be doing with all the resources that Klopp has been given. 
« Last post by Tes on January 27, 2018, 11:27:10 PM »
As we've had since the Summer, at least, to come up with an alternative way forward when Coutinho leaves (it was naive at best, and crass stupidity at worst to think he'd stay through 2 windows), and as our midfield is and has been for a long time, incapable of shielding the back four, to have not identified a midfielder to sort at least one of those issues, is just crazy.

So what if Keita's coming in the Summer. He's only one addition anyway. And what about this season? Do we just write off another season?
« Last post by Tes on January 27, 2018, 10:56:14 PM »
It's OK Klopp laying into the defenders (again), but it happens and has happened, too many times during his tenure to be down to the players and the players alone.

How is it that so called lesser teams can defend, even though their managers have been there for less time than Klopp has been with us, and with supposedly inferior players.

When there is a problem you need to sort it. After this length of time you have to wonder why the same problem is still there, and to the same degree.

Having decided that Klarius is no1, why does he need to be rested after playing just two league games? He needs time and his defenders need time to develop an understanding. Not another change after two games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10