May 26, 2018, 02:40:35 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Liverpool FC, football, sport / Re: Season 2017/18
« Last post by Tes on February 26, 2018, 07:45:55 PM »
Considering the carnage in the aftermath of the City win, the professional performance against West Ham, after the hype fuelling win in Porto, hopefully shows a new maturity amongst the squad.

The Porto win was great but we have to ensure we finish the tie properly (no careless 3-3s etc), and then make it count against who ever we draw next.

This is where we seem to have constantly fallen down over the last few years, by not making a notable result the beginning of sustained progress.
« Last post by Tes on February 26, 2018, 07:39:52 PM »
« Last post by Edward224 on February 25, 2018, 05:28:34 PM »
clueless

I'd like to see Klopp gone in the summer - and a proper manager brought in.

Behave...........
« Last post by Tes on February 18, 2018, 01:52:31 PM »
I think we can go far in Europe.   

Especially if Porto are our opposition.  ;D

A good win, but they did walk through our midfield a little too easy early on.

Great to see Mane back amongst the goals.

I just hope our players don't react to this win like they did to the Man City one.
« Last post by the dude abides on February 05, 2018, 03:03:35 PM »
I think we can go far in Europe.   Against top teams, it's a right old scrap....and anybodys' game.

Indeed, if the football authorities can be convinced to change games to last only 45 minutes - and/or allow more substitutes to be used, we can win everything every year.   8)

We bossed the first half - and Spurs bossed the second.  Same old story, we ran out of puff.

Really disappointed about the diving.  One of their lads got booked.  And the two penalties given, were not only offside, but both were simulations.  IMHO

The linesman and ref had poor games.   I thought we were lucky to even be given a kick-off.  First half, some of their tackles were crazy....but not a card in sight.  Poor day at the office for the officials.

« Last post by Tes on February 04, 2018, 10:52:05 PM »
Another draw that feels like a defeat, especially after twice being ahead.

That's both North London rivals for the top four that we should have put some more daylight between.

The flip side (hopefully) being only 2 points ahead of Spurs (and not the 5 we could have been after today), and therefore be able to be overtaken with just one slip, is that minds will remain focused.

I think the City win showed how this squad can lose focus and concentration, and now we're out of the FA Cup, they need to do everything possible to get second. The FA Cup and top four would have been reasonable, all things considered, but now fourth, or even third, isn't good enough with no trophy likely to arrive at Anfield again this season - does anyone honestly think we can win the European Cup? 
Liverpool FC, football, sport / Re: January Transfer Window 2018
« Last post by the dude abides on February 03, 2018, 09:58:46 AM »
It was either last Summer or this Summer to let Coutinho go. To let him go mid-season without having players lined up to replace his effect was sheer stupidity.

looked at playing Salah and Mane as the two attackers (free to roam all across the front line, not just play as more conventional strikers/forwards, and then used Bobby in behind as a creator who would play both in behind Mane and Salah, but also go beyond into a more traditional central striker's position, giving us maximum fluidity

agreed re timing of Coutinho's move.   Clearly he must have been very pizzed to not have got the move last summer - and it was close to downing tools time IMHO  That's what it feels like from the outside looking on.

Re Salah and Mane as our two strikers.  I have been saying the same here since the start of the season - I felt last year, that Mane could be developed into a great striker (just needs more confidence).  And when I saw Salah this season, I felt Mane and Salah could be a modern Toshack/Keegan partnership. 

To me, as much as I love him, Bobby Firmino is not your typical english striker. 

« Last post by the dude abides on February 03, 2018, 09:47:35 AM »
Let's hope Can manages to string another decent (at least, preferably better) performance together for Sunday's visit of Spurs - that will be a much bigger test.

on the topic of Can - and this applies to any player who runs his contract down. 

From today's papers.

José Mourinho says he has told Marouane Fellaini to “shut up” and accept Manchester United’s contract offer before the seriousness of the midfielder’s knee injury is diagnosed.

The manager was smiling as he recounted the conversation but behind his jokingly delivered line to Fellaini appeared to lie a serious point. Fellaini’s deal ends on 1 July and the 30-year-old wants a sizeable increase on a salary thought to be around £120,000 a week. He suffered a knee problem that limited him to seven minutes as a substitute in Wednesday’s 2-0 defeat away to Tottenham.

“I told him yesterday: ‘Sign the contract and shut up,’” said Mourinho. “I told him: ‘Don’t gamble too much. Sign the contract before you know the extent of the injury.’

I have always felt that players are playing Russian Roulette when running contracts down.
« Last post by Tes on January 31, 2018, 11:04:12 PM »
Markovic has gone on loan to Anderlecht - as any other Liverpool player every had as many loan spells.

Flanagan's gone to Bolton on loan.

Harry Wilson's off to Hull, though he has signed a new contract with us.
« Last post by Tes on January 30, 2018, 11:43:54 PM »
How about a cheeky £75M bid for Eriksen tomorrow ahead of Sunday's game? Who knows, Levy may just be tempted.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10