August 21, 2018, 04:45:07 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Liverpool FC, football, sport / Re: Season 2017/18
« Last post by Tes on December 23, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »
Leon Britton expects to be in charge for Liverpool and reveals his discussions with Swansea City owners

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leon-britton-expects-charge-liverpool-14077800

So who's his assistant? Is it?

Or maybe:

Or possibly the former 'miniature of sport':

There's a prize of a Simon Mignolet unlucky glove bag for anyone who can name him.

« Last post by Tes on December 23, 2017, 04:53:11 PM »
All 3 goals were dire. The first one, Gomez only needs to attack the cross and it's headed clear.
I have no idea what Mignolet was doing on the second one.
As for the third. Can, as he's done so often, tracked back, got to Ozil as he laid the ball off, and then just stopped instead of going with him. Someone needs to tell Can that he can enter our penalty area from open play when he's tracked back - he doesn't have to just stop at the edge of the area. Gomez also could have move across and taken Ozil as he ran through after laying the ball off.

The perfect example of what tracking all the way was Trent's challenge on Jose Izquierdo away at Brighton. He tracked the player all the way and was able to make that challenge. He didn't leave Izquierdo to continue his run unchecked as Can so often does. Can needs to be played played that moment over and over until it sinks in.
« Last post by the dude abides on December 23, 2017, 01:01:12 AM »
I think Kevin Keegan has more managerial talent than this guy on the bench.

Every game, it's the same script.

Even at two or three nil up, he is incapable of winning games.

He said recently, that when he cannot take Liverpool any further, then he would go.  The fat lady is clearing her throat.

Liverpool FC, football, sport / Re: January Transfer Window 2018
« Last post by Tes on December 20, 2017, 11:49:08 AM »
The whole Coutinho thing has erupted again. Apparently we've agreed €150M with the Catalans. Of course a they expect us to receive a big chunk of it in add-ons and the cheeky gits want to pay the 'assured' part in installments.

The news must be on a slow day in Catalonia again.

Of course we're flattered and honoured that such a beeeg club like Barca want to buy our best player, and in the middle of the season too. They can tell us the price they want to pay, how much of it is only a probability, how they want to pay the definite part, and the price is in their currency, not ours.  ;D

Try again.
« Last post by Tes on December 20, 2017, 11:40:41 AM »
We don't really need Aubameyang in truth. We need someone who can replace Firmino as the false 9 with a back up number 9 when we need a focal point. Which I think is why Sturridge - if he is happy - would still be ok with me. But if he wants to go then I would prefer to spend the cash on another false 9 as even though I would prefer to spend heavy on a top class striker, it wouldn't fit Klopp's system.

Plus Klopp and Aubameyang did not get on.

This is why I don't get why we get linked with the likes of Aubameyang, or why pundits say we need a top class 'centre forward'. Why buy a square peg when our hole is round? Having an 'option' is a different matter, and surely not something you spend in excess of £50M on.

Would the system work any better with a typical no9? Doubtful, unless it was altered radically to allow a no9 to be incorporated into it.
« Last post by Edward224 on December 19, 2017, 10:14:21 PM »
We don't really need Aubameyang in truth. We need someone who can replace Firmino as the false 9 with a back up number 9 when we need a focal point. Which I think is why Sturridge - if he is happy - would still be ok with me. But if he wants to go then I would prefer to spend the cash on another false 9 as even though I would prefer to spend heavy on a top class striker, it wouldn't fit Klopp's system.

Plus Klopp and Aubameyang did not get on.
« Last post by Edward224 on December 19, 2017, 10:10:48 PM »
Against park the bus team we need more guile and so we need Lallana back in fit and firing ready to go. We only need one of Mane or Salah to start in those games imo. Then when the defences are tiring we bring on either one with 20-25 mins to go.

But Lallana is crucial against parked bus teams because of he can play in tight spaces - even in his cameo at Bournemouth he found himself in a tight space and got out of it easily. We really miss him and his guile in this team.
« Last post by Tes on December 18, 2017, 02:51:45 PM »
Our last two aways have been good to see us win, win by a good margin and actually beat teams 'we should be beating'. It just makes games like Everton and WBA all the more frustrating.

The goals against Bournemouth were well worked, and it was a shame about Coutinho's free kick - it deserved to go in.

How long though before Mane starts to get restless? I think we could actually use either Mane or Salah in the central position Firmino plays, and give ourselves a chance to keep Firmino as fresh as possible, whilst giving all the front four a decent amount of game time. Plus, it could help us to mix things up a bit, and give us a slightly different dimension if we've got Salah, Mane and Coutinho in, as opposed to Firmino, Salah, Coutinho or Firmino, Mane and Coutinho. We can make 4 go into 3 in this case.
« Last post by Tes on December 18, 2017, 02:44:05 PM »
4 points dropped at home in 4 days, versus everton and wba.

Title long since gone.....now doing our best to throw a CL spot away too.

We cannot keep on throwing easy points away like this.

We can't win dirty.  We can't scrape results on a bad day.

We are fair-weather bullies.

Then we manage a comfortable win away at Bournemouth. Inconsistency. That will cost us a top four place.

We need to learn to grind out results against teams that we know will come to hold out for a point. They've sensibly designed a game plan, especially away from home. We need to do the same.

Klopp needs to understand, and should now have grasped this, that certain teams, due to their league position and level of players at their disposal, will sensibly see a point as a valuable gain, and will set themselves up to try and achieve it.
Why should they come and play an open game?

We need to deal better with this. Players need to be more focused and more aware of team mates in a better position, especially when chance creation is at a premium. They need to think more about checking if a team mate is better placed, as we can't afford to squander an opening, especially if we're not exactly making chance after chance. 
« Last post by the dude abides on December 15, 2017, 04:09:35 PM »
I knew when Mane missed the opportunity to pass to a team mate to make it 2 nil we were done!  I actually turned the telly off to go do some ironing...lol.

Watched a clip of Kloppo's interview after the game which was prickly to say the least.  Sometimes you gotta admit your mistakes and hold your hands up.  Not Klopp obviously! 

Taking Salah off!  Hahaha.... Fat Sam must of been beaming!  I mean WTF!!!  Lovren....mmm.  Well we should be used to it by now.  We all know he's got a mistake in him which always tends to cost the team, I mean what on gods green earth was he thinking putting his hands on that toffee in his penalty box?  Nuts!!!

yes, if Allardyce had been given a pick, of the one red player that he'd want taken off - it would have been Salah.

Undiluted madness to take off your best player after 65 minutes, in the heat of a derby and only a goal up.

I looked at the penalty thing again from a different angle.  I think the ref had a bit of a nightmare on that one.  The everton lad needs to be up for an oscar nomination.  Lovren didn't do a lot wrong.  Would anyone have been surprised if instead the ref had booked the lad who went down so dramatically.  I don't think too many eyebrows would have been raised if he had been booked.

Like you, I thought the Mane thing before half time, could well come back to haunt us.

He had to get his head up and square it......would have been a tap-in for any one of the three reds alongside him.

4 points dropped at home in 4 days, versus everton and wba.

Title long since gone.....now doing our best to throw a CL spot away too.

We cannot keep on throwing easy points away like this.

We can't win dirty.  We can't scrape results on a bad day.

We are fair-weather bullies.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]